Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts and prayers needed

Started by DoubleReedHawgCaller, April 15, 2014, 07:18:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleReedHawgCaller

My dad (57yrs old) went to the doctor today and they found masses on both his lungs one which was large. Guys if you smoke, think long and hard about giving it up, if nothing else for your love ones.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Wayne Watson

You got it.  My dad, who is 78, had a spot on his lung last year.  The doctors took out a rib to get to it for removal.  So far, so good.  Prayers sent your way.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

sickboy

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on April 15, 2014, 07:18:49 pm
My dad (57yrs old) went to the doctor today and they found masses on both his lungs one which was large. Guys if you smoke, think long and hard about giving it up, if nothing else for your love ones.

My mother was a smoker and was diagnosed with lung cancer when she was in her late 50's. This was about 13 years ago. They had to remove her left lung, but she avoided chemo. 13 years later she's cancer free and though she can't climb mountains anymore, she's doing great.

Stay positive.

buldozer

Amen, my mother lasted 3 months after being diagnosed.....

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Prayers sent for your Dad and you
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

SDZ_Hog

Prayers to you and your dad.  My wife at 37 diagnosed with stage 4 cancer is 2 years into her battle.  Got 3 month scan results coming Thursday.  Live your life day to day and really try to embrace each one.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Prayers from our family to yours.

I'm an 18 year survivor, cancer can be beaten.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

choppedporkextrasauce

My mom went throught this last week but her biopsy was negative, but those damn cigarettes have taken their toll. Hope and good thoughts to all.

go hogues

Prayers for OP and all those suffering from this disease. I just lost a friend to cancer last week.

Matthew 6:33
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

MrThunderhog

Prayers sent up for your dad and you and your whole family. Try to remain positive. Doctors and the Lord can do amazing things.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Gettin Hogwild

Prayers for you and your family.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

LZH

Prayers....God bless him and the family.

Lost my dad to cancer 14 years ago (sure doesn't seem that long ago).  Although he quit smoking in 1973, his started as a spot in his lung.

goodguytex

Prayers going out for you and your dad and your entire family. I pray your Dad can beat this cancer. It can be beaten. So stay positive.

After losing my Dad six years ago and my best friend of 20 years two years ago... I have learned to cherish each moment with those you love, that mean everything to you. Tell them you love them every chance you get. Because those moments... Those memories you build.,. They become a part of who you are. Cherish each moment with your Dad. Don't let one go to waste.

dh027

Sending prayers your way.  Here's hoping you, your dad, and your family find the strength and courage to get through it, and he beats it very soon.

My dad finally quit smoking this last year after almost 50 years of being a smoker.  Hearing the dreaded C word is my worst fear.  I have many more Hog football games to go to with him (I started going to games with him in 2010 after he retired).

Prayers for all affected by that horrible disease on here.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Hawgzinbowlz

Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family.

grayhawg

Prayers for your dad and the entire family.

MuskogeeHogFan

Prayers for your Dad, you and your family. Hang in there.
Go Hogs Go!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Thanks to all you guys. He goes back to the doctors tomorrow for a ct scan to see exactly what we are dealing with and the plan of action to be taking. For all of you out there that have had to deal.with this kind of thing with a love one I feel your pain whole hearted.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Update on my dad: He had a PET scan done yesterday that showed he has cancer in one of his lungs but was caught in time and will be treatable. He still has a long hard road ahead of him, but with time hopefully he can beat this. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys.

Hawgey-Davidson

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on April 30, 2014, 07:36:08 pm
Update on my dad: He had a PET scan done yesterday that showed he has cancer in one of his lungs but was caught in time and will be treatable. He still has a long hard road ahead of him, but with time hopefully he can beat this. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys.
GOD will be with him and you.

That's good news DoubleReed.  Thanks for the update

DeltaBoy

Thank goodness they caught it in time.  Prayers sent as he starts his treatments.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hawg_Thai'd

Since I've just become a father, it has me thinking about a lot of things in life. So on April 9th, I smoked my last cigarette. By God its hard, but I want to give my Son the life he deserves and spend as much time with him as possible.
Double Reed, prayers to you and yours. I really hope everything goes well.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

gmarv

prayers for your dad and your family, god bless.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Update: My dad returned to the doctor today to get the results of a scan he had done last Thursday. Note: My dad had stopped chemotherapy mid July because he could not take what it was doing to him anymore and he started an alternative some of you may know called hemp oil / THC oil. His results came back that one tumor was completely gone and the other which was over 5cm had shrunk under half the original size. This has been one of the best days I can remember in a while. Thanks for all the prayers guys.

lefty08

GOD is awesome and prayer works. Great news. I lost my mother at 53. Cherish every second
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 14, 2014, 09:43:30 pm
Update: My dad returned to the doctor today to get the results of a scan he had done last Thursday. Note: My dad had stopped chemotherapy mid July because he could not take what it was doing to him anymore and he started an alternative some of you may know called hemp oil / THC oil. His results came back that one tumor was completely gone and the other which was over 5cm had shrunk under half the original size. This has been one of the best days I can remember in a while. Thanks for all the prayers guys.
Awesome news. Thanks for the update. Keep praying, it works.

downsouthhawg72

I pray that the OP dad is ok but not just 🙏'n for him but for everybody because everybody needs 🙏er including me. As I was reading this I was smoking a cig & all the responses has made me want to give this habit up. I have been wanting to stop anyway. These stories about loved 1's make me think alittle harder. So I want to ask for prayers that I can finally do what I have beenWanting to do for awhile now. It's a battle for me because in my mind I think smoking don't kill because it haven't been proven 100% that it does & it's more in the family for having & getting cancer but I don't want to chance it. So I want to say thanks to you all because you made me go ahead & try to do it. Thanks to you all.
DownSouthHawg

pigture perfect

Prayers and Thanks to Jesus for a good report.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WardamnHOGGLE

Prayers sent to you and your family.  Best wishes.

gmarv

praying for your dad and you and your family.keep up the good fight.

DeltaBoy

Praise the Lord he is doing better and continued Prayers that he gets completely Well.

greenie

Prayers for the OP and his dad.  Good luck to your dad in his fight.

This thread makes me proud to be a part of Hogville...set our differences aside to lift up one of our own.

Phil 4:13

hogrider

Prayers for you and your dad, Double Reed.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

After 2 1/2 years of fighting this terrible disease the good lord has called my dad home. R.I.P. Dad, you can go watch and call those Hogs with the big boys now.

Kevin

may God comfort you and your family
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

cosmodrum

So sorry to read this. I hate that awful disease.

I hope you and your family can find some peace.
Go away, batin'

phadedhawg

Very sorry to hear this news.  Prayers for you and your family. 

gmarv

may god give you and your family peace.prayers for you and your family.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on September 16, 2016, 02:51:00 pm
After 2 1/2 years of fighting this terrible disease the good lord has called my dad home. R.I.P. Dad, you can go watch and call those Hogs with the big boys now.

May the Lord comfort you and your family during this time.  Cancer sucks.

lstewart

I don't know why people start smoking now knowing the health damage. I grew up complaining about my mom smoking around us all the time. She was in very poor health the last 20 years of her life from it, and died a couple of years ago from all the ravages of lung cancer and the aggressive treatments. My father-in-law was also a smoker, and died of cancer a few months after retiring in his 60's.

Pig in the Pokey

quit at age 40 two years ago. Wish it had been sooner.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

lahawg1

Prayers offered, we lost Mom 3 weeks ago to Lymphoma. Cancer can do terrible things to good people.

PonderinHog

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours, DRHC.

hoglady

So sorry to hear this news.
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

pghawg1

GOD bless  you and your family.