Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

75 years of Razorback History in RRS

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, April 15, 2014, 06:08:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

This is a walk down memory lane that offers up memorable moments in the history of Reynolds Razorback Stadium. A nice education for us all, and especially the "youngins". ;) Enjoy.

An excerpt:

September 24th

First Game in Razorback Stadium

Prior to 1938, the Razorbacks played in a 300-seat stadium built in 1901 on land atop "The Hill," now occupied by Mullins Library and the Fine Arts Center. Razorback Stadium was opened for its first game on September 24, 1938 when Arkansas took on Oklahoma A&M. The Razorbacks won the first game in their new stadium 27-7, the first of 166 victories inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium through the 2012 season.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/razorback-stadium-75-years/history.html
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Good positive memories here fellow Hogvillians, can't believe that you aren't embracing this more than you seem to be.
Go Hogs Go!

board

You strike me as a very lonely person. Always looking for validation................

Jborohog09

Here are highlights from a few of those:

1981 Texas:

1988 Texas A&M:

1998 Alabama:

1999 Tennessee:

2000 Alabama

2006 Alabama

2007 South Carolina:

LZH

That's good stuff.......lots of memories.

MuskogeeHogFan

April 16, 2014, 05:25:02 am #5 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:08:37 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: board on April 15, 2014, 06:53:46 pm
You strike me as a very lonely person. Always looking for validation................

On the other hand, maybe I am just tired of all the s.a. comments and unnecessary, negative arguments that bring nothing to the board and instead choose to focus on something positive and informative? Enjoy the information.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Jborohog09 on April 15, 2014, 06:56:14 pm
Here are highlights from a few of those:

1981 Texas

Lou had 'em firin' on all cylinders.

" GO HOGS "

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 16, 2014, 05:25:02 am
On the other hand, maybe I am just tired of all the s.a. comments and unecessary, negative arguments that bring nothing to the board and instead choose to focus on something positive and informative? Enjoy the information.

Thanks for the thread.

Mud stompin' #1(LOL) Texas in '81 is what memories are made of...

" GO HOGS "

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: board on April 15, 2014, 06:53:46 pm

It's the off season. I like theses kinds of threads this time of year. Apparently you don't. That's sad. Ironic since you love videotape................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LRRandy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 16, 2014, 06:55:11 am
It's the off season. I like theses kinds of threads this time of year. Apparently you don't. That's sad. Ironic since you love videotape................
I don't think its the thread. I think its that mhf was lamenting that no one was pumping sunshine up his skirt about how positively positive he is and that his post should bring peace and love to razorback land.
This is fun, isn't it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LRRandy on April 16, 2014, 07:04:13 am
I don't think its the thread. I think its that mhf was lamenting that no one was pumping sunshine up his skirt about how positively positive he is and that his post should bring peace and love to razorback land.

Yeah, it's just terrible when someone posts something that is positive, isn't it? It is so much more fun to flame, blame, whine and moan, right?

You could just choose to bypass the thread. Hope you enjoy the information nonetheless if you choose to click the link and read.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

I never be able to attend a game on the Hill. All my good memories are in the Rock.  Loved watching the 81 Texas game on ABC!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

EastexHawg

That 1988 game against A&M was the first one I took my girlfriend at the time to.  We had stayed in Ft. Smith the night before.  She always had a hard time getting up and getting ready to go anywhere, and this was no exception.  We parked somewhere south of the stadium on Razorback Road and I was virtually dragging her up the hill to the stadium because we missed kickoff.  Badly.

We came up out of the tunnel and got our first look at the field at the precise moment that Patrick Williams intercepted Richardson's pass and ran it into the end zone for our only TD that day.  That made it 14-0.

The second thing I remember is that Quinn Grovey got knocked out.  When I say knocked out, I mean he was apparently out cold.  It seemed like he layed on the field forever.  Finally, a girl in front of us said..."I think Quinn be dead."

It was a great day.  We shut up Jackie Sherrill and Darren Lewis, who had both been running their mouths all week.  The Aggies were on probation (imagine that for those serial cheaters) and Lewis had said that they were going to win so that everyone would know the SWC was sending its second best team to the Cotton Bowl.

Kendall Trainor was again magnificent, on his way to maybe the greatest season any kicker ever had.  The Hogs were 10-0 after beating A&M.

If only Steve Atwater had been able to hold onto what would have been the clinching interception in the end zone at the Orange Bowl in the upcoming season finale against Miami a few days later...