Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something Interesting regarding KeVaughn Allen

Started by RazorAg, April 15, 2014, 09:18:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorAg

Close to two months ago, I was disappointed to learn that KeVaughn Allen, one of our main 2015 bball prospects, would be playing with Team Penny this spring/summer after closing out last AAU season with the Arkansas Wings.  I posted about it, and I mentioned that it's not all bad, considering that Anton Beard played on that team and that Todd Day is the head coach.  Still, if you want more of a chance to sign him, it's definitely better that he plays on the Arkansas Wings, which is a strong, strong pipeline for us.

All said, the Real Deal people are advertising that Allen is playing with a team called the Arkansas Hoyas this weekend.  No idea who that team is; perhaps it's an extension of his old team the Arkansas Soldierz and is being coached by Kahn Cotton.  I don't know.  Adrian Moore, a 2016 prospect and high school teammate, tweeted out awhile ago that Allen would be playing with him on the New Orleans Elite team this spring/summer, too.  So, it seems like no one knows who he's going to paly for.  He might jump around.  I hate that he may not play in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League b/c I think he deserves more recognition that he's gotten so far, and he will be seen by all of the national analysts if he plays in that league.

We'll see.

LRrazorback

Razor, this is disappointing.  Do you know why he wouldn't be with the wings or even the hawks, if he's not going to be with the wings?  Doesn't seem like he has the love for the Hogs as much as you would like, what do you think?

DoggtownHog

Hearing rumors of a move to prep school for next year. Don't think anything has been decided though as of yet.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

The_Iceman

Quote from: DoggtownHog on April 15, 2014, 10:59:20 am
Hearing rumors of a move to prep school for next year. Don't think anything has been decided though as of yet.

If he does that, it will be great exposure for him nationally.

But, it would also just about seal the deal for him not coming to Arkansas.

Porkatarian

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 15, 2014, 11:03:46 am
If he does that, it will be great exposure for him nationally.

But, it would also just about seal the deal for him not coming to Arkansas.

A good friend shared this info a couple of months ago, and you are correct - this is not good news for the Razorbacks.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

RazorPiggie

Get a recruiter on this staff and this isn't an issue.

HawgAdvocate

Been reading the tea leaves for a while now on Allen. Pastner has had his whole staff come watch him practice & play a time or two. Allen having already taken unofficials to Kansas & Florida...easy to see we're out-gunned when it comes to getting Allen.

Best bet has been to hope for Whitt in '15 and Monk/Moore in '16. The real question is, who is replacing Portis' presence inside in a year or two?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ricepig

RD said he would be playing for Team Penny after this weekend's tournament.

downsouthhawg72

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 15, 2014, 02:06:18 pm
The real question is, who is replacing Portis' presence inside in a year or two?

I think the real question will be who is going to be replacing Kingsley in a year or 2. I think if he gets the time he should get, he will be a really good to dominate player with his toughness & already touch from the outside he has. I think all he needs is the playing time.
DownSouthHawg

hogman99

secneahog

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 15, 2014, 12:27:56 pm

Who have we lost instate that would have worked out for us since MA has been here?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: secneahog on April 15, 2014, 03:57:34 pm

Who have we lost instate that would have worked out for us since MA has been here?

archie.
jamal jones
sorta missed on the kid from hall that we couldn't fit in the baby wings class that logs tons of minutes at nebraska - whiff.  david...?

Hawg Red

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 15, 2014, 03:59:27 pm
archie.
jamal jones
sorta missed on the kid from hall that we couldn't fit in the baby wings class that logs tons of minutes at nebraska - whiff.  david...?

David Rivers.

kingofdequeen

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RazorPiggie

RazorPiggie

IJ Ready would log more minutes than Wagner did.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 15, 2014, 12:27:56 pm

A recruiter won't make a difference in this case.

RazorPiggie

Letsroll1200

Does anybody think that maybe this kid might just have a desire to leave the state of Arkansas. We have great basketball history but its not recent history that kids are aware of. I hope we get K. Allen but if we don't it will not damage the program. I hope K. Allen makes the best decision for him and his family. As a Razorback fan I would love to have the kid but it's not the end of the world if we don't get him.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Porkatarian

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2014, 04:24:45 pm
A recruiter won't make a difference in this case.

You are correct sir.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Porked Tongue

Yeah, I'd not count on Allen.  Things do change though.

HognitiveDissonance

I'm not counting on Allen, either.

Preparing for that, but hoping for the best.

Would almost bet the farm that if he decided today, he'd be gone, but hopefully things might change.

Scott7703

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 15, 2014, 05:05:02 pm
Does anybody think that maybe this kid might just have a desire to leave the state of Arkansas. We have great basketball history but its not recent history that kids are aware of. I hope we get K. Allen but if we don't it will not damage the program. I hope K. Allen makes the best decision for him and his family. As a Razorback fan I would love to have the kid but it's not the end of the world if we don't get him.

Difference between not being the end of the world and it not damaging the program. It would absolutely damage the program to lose an in-state player like KeVaughn Allen. If you're a school like Arkansas (that doesn't recruit very strong nationally), you really need to try to keep every talented kid you can in the state. There's no debate about it.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2014, 06:28:02 pm
Difference between not being the end of the world and it not damaging the program. It would absolutely damage the program to lose an in-state player like KeVaughn Allen. If you're a school like Arkansas (that doesn't recruit very strong nationally), you really need to try to keep every talented kid you can in the state. There's no debate about it.

No, there's not a debate that it's a bad emerging trend.  What there is a legitimate debate is, as much as I hate to type it, whether or not it's in the kid's best interest to stay.  In today's world, when these blue chip kids are eyeing the NBA as quickly as they can get there, they want minutes and exposure.  Going to a big school with every major game on a major network, and getting more PT is something they're going to consider, because it's going to be ringing in their ears after being warned about MA's style by every school recruiting them.   

Like it or not, MA will always have to overcome that hurdle.  Under his style, you're not going to have a kid out there the entire game every game, which increases their chances to put up "ESPN worthy" type of numbers.  Yes...we have players do it from time to time, but instead of 25 in a good game, it's 17.  I think players can thrive in that system, and if they have surrounding talent, then they can get good numbers and cut down on wear and tear and injury risks.  Unfortunately, outside of arguably Portis, we haven't really seen that opportunity materialize.  We had plenty of guys on Nolan's teams do well in the NBA, so I think it's at least partly a ploy by our competition.   

I HATE it that these kids leave, but some are just ready to leave the state and expose themselves to other things in life.  That will always go on.  If we start winning big again, we'll see less of these kids leaving, but I still think with MA's style, it's always going to leave some doubt, and of course the other schools are bringing it up EVERY time they talk to them.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HawgnCorona

So long as you can bring an equal type player--in this case a Jimmy Whitt--it balances itself out.

Losing K. Allen isn't going to damage the program. He isnt the first to consider and play outside of the state and wont be the last.

Heck we have lost plenty of players that went on to play in the NBA. And the program is still moving right along. Dont get all worked up about it.

Wish the guy the best... GHG

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hawg Red

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 15, 2014, 06:53:28 pm
No, there's not a debate that it's a bad emerging trend.  What there is a legitimate debate is, as much as I hate to type it, whether or not it's in the kid's best interest to stay.  In today's world, when these blue chip kids are eyeing the NBA as quickly as they can get there, they want minutes and exposure.  Going to a big school with every major game on a major network, and getting more PT is something they're going to consider, because it's going to be ringing in their ears after being warned about MA's style by every school recruiting them.   

Like it or not, MA will always have to overcome that hurdle.  Under his style, you're not going to have a kid out there the entire game every game, which increases their chances to put up "ESPN worthy" type of numbers.  Yes...we have players do it from time to time, but instead of 25 in a good game, it's 17.  I think players can thrive in that system, and if they have surrounding talent, then they can get good numbers and cut down on wear and tear and injury risks.  Unfortunately, outside of arguably Portis, we haven't really seen that opportunity materialize.  We had plenty of guys on Nolan's teams do well in the NBA, so I think it's at least partly a ploy by our competition.   

I HATE it that these kids leave, but some are just ready to leave the state and expose themselves to other things in life.  That will always go on.  If we start winning big again, we'll see less of these kids leaving, but I still think with MA's style, it's always going to leave some doubt, and of course the other schools are bringing it up EVERY time they talk to them.

I don't disagree. The Hogs haven't given these kids very much reason to stick around in their lifetime.

-Blu

Quote from: RazorAg on April 15, 2014, 09:18:00 am
Close to two months ago, I was disappointed to learn that KeVaughn Allen, one of our main 2015 bball prospects, would be playing with Team Penny this spring/summer after closing out last AAU season with the Arkansas Wings.  I posted about it, and I mentioned that it's not all bad, considering that Anton Beard played on that team and that Todd Day is the head coach.  Still, if you want more of a chance to sign him, it's definitely better that he plays on the Arkansas Wings, which is a strong, strong pipeline for us.

All said, the Real Deal people are advertising that Allen is playing with a team called the Arkansas Hoyas this weekend.  No idea who that team is; perhaps it's an extension of his old team the Arkansas Soldierz and is being coached by Kahn Cotton.  I don't know.  Adrian Moore, a 2016 prospect and high school teammate, tweeted out awhile ago that Allen would be playing with him on the New Orleans Elite team this spring/summer, too.  So, it seems like no one knows who he's going to paly for.  He might jump around.  I hate that he may not play in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League b/c I think he deserves more recognition that he's gotten so far, and he will be seen by all of the national analysts if he plays in that league.

We'll see.

Not trying to change the subject off of Allen, but since you brought up the Arkansas wings, you heard anything on Donte Fitzpatrick lately? I read an article not too long ago and he named us in his top schools, he plays for the wings, and he said he wants to play in an up-tempo offense, have to think he'd be one of our priority targets in 2015.  It also was a guy on here that claimed to be his uncle, that said he really likes the hogs.  I don't know how legit he was or not though.

If we can't get Allen or McClure, Whitt and Fitzpatrick, who are both 4 stars wouldn't be a bad deal.  Both for sure will be 4 year guys, and fit our system well.  I wouldn't be mad at a combo of these two, and getting a good F/C as well in case Portis leaves.

And here's the article about Fitzpatrick I was referring to.

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/four-schools-sticking-out-for-donte-fitzpatrick-11777

Hawg Red

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 15, 2014, 06:54:09 pm
So long as you can bring an equal type player--in this case a Jimmy Whitt--it balances itself out.

Losing K. Allen isn't going to damage the program. He isnt the first to consider and play outside of the state and wont be the last.

Heck we have lost plenty of players that went on to play in the NBA. And the program is still moving right along. Dont get all worked up about it.

Wish the guy the best... GHG

But what if you can't bring in someone like Jimmy Whitt from out of state? And would you say the program is "moving right along" as if everything's been fine? I'd say we're just now starting to climb out of the pit we've been in and the guys we've missed along the way (like James Anderson and Archie Goodwin) could have helped us not get so deep down or helped us already be out of the hole. I mean, this is the first year since 2008 that we've seen any kind of postseason and it was just the NIT. I'm not sure I'd really say the program has been "moving right along." Still alive? Sure. But that's a pretty low bar for movement.

I understand we're in very good standing with Jimmy Whitt right now, but we could very lose out on him, King McClure and every other top guard target for the 2015, including KeVaughn Allen. That's why you gotta lock down the kids in your backyard. You just can't count on going out and getting someone like Jimmy Whitt (who, by the way, is from Columbia and grew up with Manny Watkins).

Breems

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 15, 2014, 04:24:26 pm
IJ Ready would log more minutes than Wagner did.

You know IJ Ready wasn't coming here without an elite recruiter.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

ricepig

Quote from: Breems on April 15, 2014, 07:30:38 pm
You know IJ Ready wasn't coming here without an elite recruiter.

I'd heard that.....

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2014, 07:11:35 pm
That's why you gotta lock down the kids in your backyard. You just can't count on going out and getting someone like Jimmy Whitt (who, by the way, is from Columbia and grew up with Manny Watkins).

What's your suggestion then?  Not much staff can do if he has no interest in Arkansas.  Believe it or not some kids just want to get out of Arkansas and experience something different, I got several friends that just went to schools out of state just to get out of Arkansas.  I've heard from a few people that claim to know a little bit about his situation including you, he's not too interested in Arkansas.  Actually only heard of one person that claimed he has some interest in Arkansas.

IMO be great to get Kevaughn Allen, but it isn't make or break like some are trying to make it out to be.  From everything I've heard from people in the know, including some recruiting guys, we're in a GREAT position for Jimmy Whitt, and TBH a guy like him may be overall better for us, because he'll be a 4 year guy.  Kevaughn Allen, should be a 4 year guy, but from what I've heard he's trying to get that draft stock up, and it could end up like a BJ Young situation where he leaves at the first sniff of having a chance at the league.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on April 15, 2014, 07:35:48 pm
What's your suggestion then?  Not much staff can do if he has no interest in Arkansas.  Believe it or not some kids just want to get out of Arkansas and experience something different, I got several friends that just went to schools out of state just to get out of Arkansas.  I've heard from a few people that claim to know a little bit about his situation including you, he's not too interested in Arkansas.  Actually only heard of one person that claimed he has some interest in Arkansas.

IMO be great to get Kevaughn Allen, but it isn't make or break like some are trying to make it out to be.  From everything I've heard from people in the know, including some recruiting guys, we're in a GREAT position for Jimmy Whitt, and TBH a guy like him may be overall better for us, because he'll be a 4 year guy.  Kevaughn Allen, should be a 4 year guy, but from what I've heard he's trying to get that draft stock up, and it could end up like a BJ Young situation where he leaves at the first sniff of having a chance at the league.

There's no suggestion to be made. My point in this is that it does damage the program when you lose highly rated in-state kids. Programs like Arkansas really have to bank on that talent when they have it in the state. Obviously you can't make kids comes to Arkansas but to try to act like it's no sweat if he doesn't is foolish, IMO. It will hurt. Even if we get Jimmy Whitt, it's still going to hurt -- just not as much. Just like it would have hurt if Anton Beard didn't flip to the Hogs. Just like it would have hurt if Bobby Portis went to a better program. So on and so forth. If you're Arkansas, it hurts when you lose nationally-recognized talent.

Danny J

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 15, 2014, 06:53:28 pm

I agree and I will also mention that CMA has shown in the past if he has somebody more experienced in a position over a true freshman that person will start most of the season and no clearer example of this than BJ coming off the bench his freshman year behind Wade and even more shocking....Scott. I went on and on about that a few years ago when it was clear that our best player was BJ even ahead of MP. It is hard to sell minutes and starting to a kid when evidence doesn't support the fact you are willing to start him as a freshman. Kids like Allen and Monk want to come in and start. Minutes are certainly important but starting is a big deal to these kids especially the ones who want to try and get to the NBA within a year or two.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2014, 07:11:35 pm
But what if you can't bring in someone like Jimmy Whitt from out of state? And would you say the program is "moving right along" as if everything's been fine? I'd say we're just now starting to climb out of the pit we've been in and the guys we've missed along the way (like James Anderson and Archie Goodwin) could have helped us not get so deep down or helped us already be out of the hole. I mean, this is the first year since 2008 that we've seen any kind of postseason and it was just the NIT. I'm not sure I'd really say the program has been "moving right along." Still alive? Sure. But that's a pretty low bar for movement.

I understand we're in very good standing with Jimmy Whitt right now, but we could very lose out on him, King McClure and every other top guard target for the 2015, including KeVaughn Allen. That's why you gotta lock down the kids in your backyard. You just can't count on going out and getting someone like Jimmy Whitt (who, by the way, is from Columbia and grew up with Manny Watkins).

Moving right along was the response to you saying he not coming here would damage the program, right. The point being KA not potentially choosing the UofA isn't going  to damage a thing. Now that is that...

And apparently you cant count on in state players either football or basketball. Is it true that nothing is for sure when it comes to recruiting? Seems that way...

Let me say this though. I would like to see us put a wall around the state when we have so few that we produce, in any sport. However, no state keeps 100% of it's athlete. To think we are any different in this day age is fools gold.

I can go back to a players like Jackie Ridgle--family ties here--or an Eddie Miles (both were All Americans), Deter Reed, Keith Lee, Michael Cage--check out his son Michael Cage Jr. here at Mater Dei High School and UK recruit.The point here is there has been a long line good quality players that choose to go elsewhere. All with different reasons for doing so.

However, the U of A has continued on...In the context of it "damaging the program" it does not. History shows that. It keeps moving right along.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hawg Red

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 15, 2014, 08:29:50 pm
Moving right along was the response to you saying he not coming here would damage the program, right. The point being KA not potentially choosing the UofA isn't going  to damage a thing. Now that is that...

And apparently you cant count on in state players either football or basketball. Is it true that nothing is for sure when it comes to recruiting? Seems that way...

Let me say this though. I would like to see us put a wall around the state when we have so few that we produce, in any sport. However, no state keeps 100% of it's athlete. To think we are any different in this day age is fools gold.

I can go back to a players like Jackie Ridgle--family ties here--or an Eddie Miles (both were All Americans), Deter Reed, Keith Lee, Michael Cage--check out his son Michael Cage Jr. here at Mater Dei High School and UK recruit.The point here is there has been a long line good quality players that choose to go elsewhere. All with different reasons for doing so.

However, the U of A has continued on...In the context of it "damaging the program" it does not. History shows that. It keeps moving right along.

Right.

So, basically, the bar for "moving right along" is just still functioning. Got it. In that case, nothing that happens on the court in terms of wins or attendance or anything will damage the program. We could get hit with sanctions and lose scholarships and it won't damage the program. We can't be damaged.

mbgrulz

My .02 is that we would be doing really good to get K. Allen.

He is very smooth and effortless. The game just comes easy to him. I'd call him an average shooter. His stroke looks a little funny and has a low release point. He will probably have to adjust this. He looked to be 6'2". Not a ton taller looking than Beard. I think he is an above average athlete and finisher on drives.  He is a VERY good player, but I'd be surprised if he is a 1 and done like Monk will likely be. Monk is a better shooter, athlete, and is a legit 6'4" SG.

I am hoping like crazy that we get KA, but I don't think there is a lot of separation between Whitt and Allen. We HAVE to get 1 of Whitt, Allen, or McClure. Can't whiff on 3 high level guards that you are in on.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 15, 2014, 08:29:50 pm
In the context of it "damaging the program" it does not. History shows that. It keeps moving right along....

...at a slower pace of success than it would/should if we could land the rare top 50 national players, from within our own back yard, to help this team get beyond living on the bubble annually in the coming years.

That damages the program's efforts to get back to where it wants to be.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2014, 07:57:25 pm
There's no suggestion to be made. My point in this is that it does damage the program when you lose highly rated in-state kids. Programs like Arkansas really have to bank on that talent when they have it in the state. Obviously you can't make kids comes to Arkansas but to try to act like it's no sweat if he doesn't is foolish, IMO. It will hurt. Even if we get Jimmy Whitt, it's still going to hurt -- just not as much. Just like it would have hurt if Anton Beard didn't flip to the Hogs. Just like it would have hurt if Bobby Portis went to a better program. So on and so forth. If you're Arkansas, it hurts when you lose nationally-recognized talent.

I disagree that it's damaging to the program, if anything in the past few years we've been doing really good at keeping Arkansas talent in state.  The majority of our team is Arkansas kids.  As we can see from guys like Hannahs, Harris, Gulley etc. who have transferred back into the program, these are guys that are/were excited about the direction of the program and wanted to be apart of it.  Now, you do have guys like Goodwin and Allen, who may be Hog fans, but see other opportunities as a better fit to help get them in the league.  That's not going to change.  Arkansas has never been a spot where guys that are "NBA Driven" go to fill out their NBA resume.  Nothing we can do about that, I don't think that hurts the perception either, because I mean no school is going to get all their instate talent 100%.

And to be honest with you, and we've talked about this before, I'd be more impressed with the coaching staff if we can start to get some 4 or 5 star talent that are out of state.  Don't get me wrong Kevaughn Allen would be a HUGE get, but I would love to see us get a pipeline in Memphis, and continue to bring in talent from the Dallas area.  We're always going to be in mix for Arkansas talent, but if we can start to get talent from these areas that manufacture elite D1 talent, I think we'd be in a much better situation with talent stability, because you can't always depend on Arkansas to get that elite talent, but you can depend on Dallas and Memphis to get elite talent every year, if you have a strong recruiting presence in those areas.  That's why I was asking about Fitzpatrick, he's a 4 star kid from Memphis, would love to see us starting to get some of these Memphis kids.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on April 15, 2014, 08:49:44 pm
I disagree that it's damaging to the program, if anything in the past few years we've been doing really good at keeping Arkansas talent in state.  The majority of our team is Arkansas kids.  As we can see from guys like Hannahs, Harris, Gulley etc. who have transferred back into the program, these are guys that are/were excited about the direction of the program and wanted to be apart of it.  Now, you do have guys like Goodwin and Allen, who may be Hog fans, but see other opportunities as a better fit to help get them in the league.  That's not going to change.  Arkansas has never been a spot where guys that are "NBA Driven" go to fill out their NBA resume.  Nothing we can do about that, I don't think that hurts the perception either, because I mean no school is going to get all their instate talent 100%.

And to be honest with you, and we've talked about this before, I'd be more impressed with the coaching staff if we can start to get some 4 or 5 star talent that are out of state.  Don't get me wrong Kevaughn Allen would be a HUGE get, but I would love to see us get a pipeline in Memphis, and continue to bring in talent from the Dallas area.  We're always going to be in mix for Arkansas talent, but if we can start to get talent from these areas that manufacture elite D1 talent, I think we'd be in a much better situation with talent stability, because you can't always depend on Arkansas to get that elite talent, but you can depend on Dallas and Memphis to get elite talent every year, if you have a strong recruiting presence in those areas.  That's why I was asking about Fitzpatrick, he's a 4 star kid from Memphis, would love to see us starting to get some of these Memphis kids.

Outside of the Day/Big O/Mayberry years (and we have no Memphis or Tulsa or Texas pipeline right now), all of Arkansas' success as come with top in-state talent. Got to get as much of it as you can and it does hurt when you miss out on one because that's one highly rated guy you're not likely to replace from out-of-state. Even in today's game where kids are much less loyal and often only care about getting to the NBA, schools like Arkansas are still expected to retain their top in-state players.

Will it damage the Hogs if we don't get Malik Monk? Damn right it will. Will it damage the Hogs if Kentucky gets Monk and Florida gets Allen? Oh boy...

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2014, 09:01:37 pm
Will it damage the Hogs if we don't get Malik Monk? Damn right it will. Will it damage the Hogs if Kentucky gets Monk and Florida gets Allen? Oh boy...

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 15, 2014, 03:59:27 pm
archie.
jamal jones
I'm amazed the walls of Bud Walton Arena are still standing without David Rivers' career averages of 3 pts and 3 rebs.

Hawg Red

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 15, 2014, 09:20:26 pm
I'm amazed the walls of Bud Walton Arena are still standing without David Rivers' career averages of 3 pts and 3 rebs.

Ha!

I really like David Rivers coming out of HS and wished that we had room for him, but his career at Nebraska has been nondescript. Maybe he would have been better in MA's system? We'll never know but that whole 2011 in-state class seems to have been a bust outside of Madden and he showed up pretty late to the party.

The Hogfather

From what I've seen of Allen, I think he'll end up being decent in college, but not great.  I'm not that worried about him one way or the other.

FATHAWG08

ok your point has been heard. No need to keep repeating yourself 3/4 times.
I love off season Football!!

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2014, 09:01:37 pm
Outside of the Day/Big O/Mayberry years (and we have no Memphis or Tulsa or Texas pipeline right now), all of Arkansas' success as come with top in-state talent. Got to get as much of it as you can and it does hurt when you miss out on one because that's one highly rated guy you're not likely to replace from out-of-state. Even in today's game where kids are much less loyal and often only care about getting to the NBA, schools like Arkansas are still expected to retain their top in-state players.

Again!

FATHAWG08

Again?