Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somewhere Roy McAvoy is smiling

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, April 14, 2014, 11:48:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

CallThemHawgs!

Haha, what is not to like about the dude?

kingofdequeen

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 14, 2014, 12:56:34 pm
everything. 

Oh, cmon now... dont let the hate consume you.

Your boy didnt even play, he was in bed watching and wincing as two hookers fed him grapes.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 14, 2014, 01:23:25 pm

Your boy didnt even play, he was in bed watching and wincing as two hookers fed him grapes.

the emotions i feel for both are mutually exclusive.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 14, 2014, 01:24:10 pm

Saw today where Tiger (per Steiny) is close to committing to some non-PGA tour team format tournament in Argentina in October.

Good to see that our boy expects to be well enough to chase some seven or eight figure foreign appearance fee money.  That'll look especially nice if he skips the Ryder Cup.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 14, 2014, 01:24:10 pm

Top button/Elkington
Go away, batin'

mr4pt

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 14, 2014, 12:51:20 pm

SEC boy - love
Owns a hovercraft - love
Owns the original General Lee - love
Self-taught - love

Top button - I hate him

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: mr4pt on April 14, 2014, 06:57:21 pm
SEC boy - love
Owns a hovercraft - love
Owns the original General Lee - love
Self-taught - love

Top button - I hate him

It does make me want to cut the top button off every damn one of his shirts

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 14, 2014, 01:23:25 pm

Haha!...or wenching...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Sir Oinksalot

...jeez, that's one big horse, ole Bubber is 6 3 and she had to bend down to huge him at the finish...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 15, 2014, 06:40:52 am

Just sayin

06.  and M-Frames more than make up for it.

Tont rocked it then too.

Dillar Dog

Your hypocrisy really does know no bounds.

Dillar Dog

Just so you know, if DD teed it up in a tournament this Thursday, that top button would be buttoned.  That's not even a little inaccurate.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 15, 2014, 10:34:06 pm
Just so you know, if DD teed it up in a tournament this Thursday, that top button would be buttoned.  That's not even a little inaccurate.

I would do it just for the awful looks he would be raining down from his ivory tower

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 15, 2014, 10:34:06 pm

[attachment deleted by admin]

PonderinHog

EastexHawg

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 14, 2014, 12:51:20 pm

How much time do you have?

Let me sum it up as succinctly as I can.  Based on my observation of him over the years, Bubba is an absolute shirt arse.  Actually I only had to watch him for about 30 seconds to arrive at that conclusion.

I would want to kill him within five minutes if I spent any time around him, especially on the course.  Everyone I know who has commented on him shares that opinion.

He can hit a golf ball a long way.  That's all the praise I can muster for him.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 16, 2014, 10:42:52 am

Let me sum it up as succinctly as I can.  Based on my observation of him over the years, Bubba is an absolute shirt arse.  Actually I only had to watch him for about 30 seconds to arrive at that conclusion.

I would want to kill him within five minutes if I spent any time around him, especially on the course.  Everyone I know who has commented on him shares that opinion.

I think a lot of the negative stuff that comes off of Bubba is a natural reaction of a small town guy not being comfortable in the spotlight, and I think he's gradually getting a little more comfortable with it.  But I remember watching the guys in the 18th tower interview him during his first year on tour after a round, and he looked like he was about to soil his pants he was so uncomfortable.  It was almost like he was mute; they were having to drag comments out of him.  Then I think he started overcompensating and became a bit of a blabbermouth, which isn't good when you aren't overly intelligent and you start spewing information that's inaccurate.  And I think the fact that he's ADD plays into it as well.  He has a hard time focusing and often says things without thinking them through.

Bottom line is that I think he's a good, decent redneck kind of guy who is still trying to get comfortable with all the success he's had.  We Arkansans, of all people, should know what that's like considering one of our own went through the same media glare about 20 years ago and didn't come out of it looking great.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 16, 2014, 10:42:52 am

I guess I dont watch him as closely as I should. I just see a normal dude who enjoys life and can smash a golf ball.

Who knows

EastexHawg

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 16, 2014, 01:03:31 pm
I guess I dont watch him as closely as I should. I just see a normal dude who enjoys life and can smash a golf ball.

Who knows

Maybe you're right.  Maybe I'm wrong.  It's just my impression of him based on what I've seen on the course and in interviews.

By the way, I rooted from John Daly from the very beginning.  To me John was different back when he overpowered Crooked Stick and the PGA.  He didn't come across to me as a smartass like Bubba does.

But at least Bubba wasn't in those epicly ghey Izod commercials like Webb Simpson and his at least metrosexual friends.

Hawgon

My impression of Bubba is that he is an irritating d-ick who is actually probably a nicer guy than he comes across as being once you actually get to know him.

EastexHawg

Steve Elkington concurs with my opinion of Bubba.  So would his caddy if you had asked him around the time Bubba finished his pouting "you made me hit it in the water" episode a year or two ago.  As Feherty and I think Faldo said, at some point the caddy feels like saying "you're the one who hit it, not me."

The extremely exaggerated arm motions/pointing, as if to say "it broke the wrong way"...designed to be sure EVERYONE watching knows it wasn't his fault...every time he misses a putt also get on my nerves.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 16, 2014, 02:20:52 pm
The extremely exaggerated arm motions/pointing, as if to say "it broke the wrong way"...designed to be sure EVERYONE watching knows it wasn't his fault...every time he misses a putt also get on my nerves.

Very Cablanasian.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 16, 2014, 02:20:52 pm
Steve Elkington concurs with my opinion of Bubba.  So would his caddy if you had asked him around the time Bubba finished his pouting "you made me hit it in the water" episode a year or two ago.  As Feherty and I think Faldo said, at some point the caddy feels like saying "you're the one who hit it, not me."

We don't agree very often, but our thoughts on Bubba are exactly the same. Seems like a huge Dbag to me. I read an article last year that said his caddy has threatened multiple times to quit on him if he didn't quit all the pouting and blaming everyone but himself for the bad shots.