76 (25.2%)
@ Missouri
142 (47%)
Ole Miss
80 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 302

Voting closed: April 21, 2014, 09:17:12 am

flynhog

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

trashcan maN

change poll option to allow multiple votes.

PowderedPig

flynhog

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

flynhog

Do it right the first time or do it again!

Doug

Another Mod fixed the poll, so you're good to go now, flynhog. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

LZH

weresoclose

LZH

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I see 3-4 wins. Schedule is tough.

PowderedPig

He has to find a way to 6 wins.  Must get to a bowl game.

MJ2

Really bad when it's still April and only see at most 3 wins coming our way and 1 of those is iffy.

popcornhog

Only 16.2% have us beating Nichols St?

I don't think the poll is calculating as intended.
WPS

Steef

Would have added OM if I could.

7-5

RazorPiggie

Quote from: MJ2 on April 14, 2014, 10:25:21 am
Really bad when it's still April and only see at most 3 wins coming our way and 1 of those is iffy.

You need help.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: popcornhog on April 14, 2014, 10:31:06 am
Only 16.2% have us beating Nichols St?

I don't think the poll is calculating as intended.

Yeah, I thought that for a sec as well before realizing the poll isn't a confidence poll. Just vote totals. So as of now, 89 of 90 voting members thought we would beat Nicholls St. Sounds more like it.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

PorkSoda

5 wins 1 of 3 split + ole myth and we win 7 next year.  its definitely doable.

as an aside

converted poll(% of voters who think we win each game) as of the time of this post

@ Auburn -    21   22%

Nichols State -    95   99% - W

@ Texas Tech -    72   75% - W

Northern Illinois -    93   97% - W

A&M in Dallas -    58   60% - Split

Alabama -    5   5%

Georgia in Little Rock -    37   39% - Split

UAB -    93   97% - W

@ MS State -    66   69% - W

LSU -    25   26%

@ Missouri -    49   51% - Split

total   96
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hoggish1

I guess we won't get to vote on beating old piss this year, or is it a unanimous win that doesn't need to be voted on...?

GuvHog

April 14, 2014, 03:24:34 pm #19 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:30:31 pm by Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb
I'll pick Ole Miss as a win too because it's a home game.

Barring injuries and looking at the talent on this team, if this team plays as well as they should they are capable of winning 8 games.

Losses to Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Justifiable Hogicide

Prestworthy

I actually came up with 8 wins.  Never would've thought that.  Losses to Auburn, Bama, MissSt, Mizzou

Wildhog

Anything less than 6 wins is unacceptable, imo.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Swineasaur

I see a solid 4 Wins. Hopeful to reach a bowl but now A days 6 wins might now get you in. 6 is iffy, 7 is impossible

flynhog

Added Ole Miss out of order at the bottom.

Mess up move up......I'm near the top!

flynhog

Quote from: Doug "Bear" Hazard on April 14, 2014, 09:21:03 am
Another Mod fixed the poll, so you're good to go now, flynhog. :)

Thanks Bear!

Danny J

Quote from: Wildhog on April 14, 2014, 04:05:49 pm
Anything less than 6 wins is unacceptable, imo.
See....I came up with 6 wins and I picked one huge upset maybe two and still can't believe I got to 6. If we can get to 6, I can't believe I am saying this, I will be happy but maybe that is because I have such low expectations.

Professor Psychosis

@Aub   L 31-32 (Gus wins on a swinging gate 2pt conversion with :00 left)
Nich    W 28-3  (the streak is over)
@Tech L 28-31 (TTU peaks early every season)
NIU     W 38-20 (not the BCS buster they were)
v aTm L  24-28 (bad fake punt call costs us the game)
Open
Bama   L 10-42 (at least we scored)
uGa(LR)L 17-31 (Hogville servers begin warming up)
UAB    W 12-0  (4 FGs, Hogville servers critically hot)
@aMm L  13-14 (blocked xp with :21 to go, Hogville servers melt)
Open               (Gruden Gruden Gruden Gruden Gruden)
LSU    W 42-24 (LSU suffers post-Bama game fatigue, we start off 21-0 and cruise)
Miss   W 41-38 (Suddenly the offense is clicking)
@Mizz W 41-17 (Amazing what a little confidence will do for a team)

Bowl  W 48-14 (vs. some CUSA 5th place team, but still, good to be in a bowl)

2015 recruiting class average ranking:
12th in nation, 5th in SEC
Includes all in-state "can't miss" recruits

That's how I would book it, if it were a fake "wrasslin" sport, for maximum mood impact.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Voting with brain, not heart
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

arcowboy

We don't play Texas A&m in Dallas.  Fayetteville game I believe.

bennyl08

@Aub: Lose. The team shows a lot of potential, and analysts use it so question auburn's ability to repeat this season. However, there are still some kinks to work out from a nearly complete overhaul of the coaching staff. That said, the hogs have had great success in the past of playing @auburn when they were ranked considerably higher than us. If this game were played near the end of the season, I would either say tossup/pick hogs.

Nich: Win, and in fantastic fashion. Talking about a 52-13 type victory. The potential shown in week 1 and the victory here has hogville at in an overall euphoric state.

#TTU: Win. They lose a whole lot of their receiving production from last year, and as receivers are not always easy to duplicate, as we know quite well. I also imagine that our DL will be much better than their OL, being able to pressure their qb and get into his head. Also, they lose a lot on defense, and coming from a team and coach that isn't really known for defense, our offense should be able to move at will. I'd guess about 38-13 around the start of the fourth quarter, but they get some long passes on us to finish the game, with the final score being closer than the game ever was.

NIU: Win. They not only lose an NFL athlete in their qb, but also and the leader of their defense in an NFL caliber safety. We

aTm: Lose. I think we have a realistic shot at winning this game, but as it stands right now, we are just below a toss-up. Last year they kept almost all of their offense but lost almost all of their defense. This year, they lose practically all of their offense, but keep almost all of their defense. This certainly plays to our favor as I trust our offense to be able to move on a good defense better than our defense to stop a good offense. That said, until proven otherwise, they do have highly rated players on their team which I will assume will live up to their potential.

Bama: Loss. Though, it will be closer than the past 2 season by a large amount. They lose most of their passing game including several of their top receivers. Meaning, their offense will likely be run heavy. That is what I trust our defense most to stop. Similarly, they lose a good amount of the secondary, while returning a good amount of the front 7. I trust our running game to have some success next year regardless, and so the I would rather face a strong DL and a weak secondary than vice versa.

UGA: Loss. Getting them at home and w/o Murray helps, but outside of Murray and arguably Lynch at TE, their team should be even better next season. If we could switch UGA and Auburn in the schedule, you would not be crazy to think we could win both games. However, playing auburn first and Georgia in the middle of the season hurts our odds.

UAB: Win, and by a lot more than 12-0.

@MSU: Toss up. They return practically everybody from their team last season. The only major departures were OG Gabe Jackson and the RB and QB who were already replaced before the season ended. Prescott is a very good qb, and Starkvegas is a tough place to play for anybody. That said, MSU has a habit of not playing up to their potential.

LSU: Toss up. This game is a tossup even if they are #1 and we are winless. Their offense was absolutely gutted by the NFL this season, but they keep most of their guys on defense, save for DT. Like Bama, we should see a strong dose of the run game from them, which I like our odds better with that than vs the pass. Later in the season, their DT's won't be as green, so moving the ball will be a tough order. This is a winnable game, as our offense should be firing on all cylinders. A good litmus test for our team.

Miss: Toss up. They return a lot of players from a mediocre team, and the team last year returned a lot of players from another mediocre team. That said, many of those players last year were true freshmen, so I am assuming they will greatly improve this year. However, like MSU, it is hard to ever trust Ole Miss to live up to any sort of potential.

@Mizz. Win. Last year was truly a perfect storm. They lose massive production at every position on the field this year, plus we tend to play better later in the year, while returning most of our production from last year.

Assuming we split the tossup games, we win 6.5 games next year. Plus, with the team improving each weak, we should be able to dominate the low tier bowl game we play in a la MSU last year and set ourselves up for a season in 2015.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Steef

Here's a question, prompted in part by Benny ' s research thread from the other day....

How many of our conference opponents will actually be BETTER this year, than they were last year?

Last year, most of the conference was stronger than it had been the prior year. Due in great measure, to experience in their 2 deep.

A lot of them will have new QBs this year.

Some of our games last year were close. LSU was VERY close. We got better thru the season. A few breaks and we win 6 last year.

It's not unreasonable to hope for a bowl this year.

7-5

goodguytex

I would like to see 6 wins and a bowl. From what I can tell, mistake and ole miss May be better along with Arkansas in the west. Saggies, Corn dog U, Bama and auburn a little May not be as good in the west. In the east, Tennessee should be better, as should Kentucky. I think Florida May be better... At least they better be. Cackalacky may be down a bit. Not sure. Georgia should be better. Vandy  should be worse. Mizzou will be worse.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: arcowboy on April 14, 2014, 08:10:15 pm
We don't play Texas A&m in Dallas.  Fayetteville game I believe.
Sat, Sep 27   Texas A&M *  Arlington, Texas    TBA 

goodguytex

Quote from: MorrellHog on April 14, 2014, 08:45:10 pm
  Sat, Sep 27   Texas A&M *  Arlington, Texas    TBA
Yeah, we have the rest of our ten year deal with jerry world to honor playing that series there.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: goodguytex on April 14, 2014, 08:46:36 pm
Yeah, we have the rest of our ten year deal with jerry world to honor playing that series there.

+or- in your opinion?

goodguytex

Quote from: MorrellHog on April 14, 2014, 08:48:23 pm
+or- in your opinion?
I think it was a big plus when we were non conference opponents. Now that we belong to the same conference again, I would rather play someone like Texas or ou in jerry world.. Or okie state. But we have faired very, very we'll in that building against them, so if playing there gets us a win every time... Then we better play there all we can.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: goodguytex on April 14, 2014, 08:46:36 pm

Unless we can figure out a way to get The Bear in there to shut off the tractor beam...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: goodguytex on April 14, 2014, 08:57:58 pm
I think it was a big plus when we were non conference opponents. Now that we belong to the same conference again, I would rather play someone like Texas or ou in jerry world.. Or okie state. But we have faired very, very we'll in that building against them, so if playing there gets us a win every time... Then we better play there all we can.
I would prefer to see A&M in Fayetteville every other year from a ticket holders standpoint. I do like our exposure in the Metro area so I'm OK with the Jerry World contract. I like your idea of Texas, OU, or OSU. Playing in JW needs to be against a top tier team. Overall it's a plus to play in that stadium with a high profile opponent.

" GO HOGS "

Prestworthy

Why is everyone picking a loss to A&M in Dallas?  2-0 vs the Aggs in Dallas and we hung tight with them when they had Johnny Football and Mike Evans.  I say a win is due this year.  They lost too much.

goodguytex

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 14, 2014, 10:27:45 pm
Why is everyone picking a loss to A&M in Dallas?  2-0 vs the Aggs in Dallas and we hung tight with them when they had Johnny Football and Mike Evans.  I say a win is due this year.  They lost too much.
Yeah... I think we should win that game. Very much love our chances.

Prestworthy