Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dykes hires Christy Smith

Started by The_Iceman, April 14, 2014, 08:33:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Jimmy Dykes has hired former Arkansas star Christy Smith as his top assistant. Smith led the Lady'Backs to the Final Four.

http://www.purduesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/smith_christy00.html

wbbfan32

hog63

Dwight_K_Shrute

April 14, 2014, 11:56:59 am #3 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:12:32 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
Great hire for many reasons.  Purdue just came off their 24th trip to the NCAA's.  This is a very solid program.  Their average attendance was just below 7,400 good for top 10 for 19th straight year.  They also finished 7th in RPI.  Purdue HC was named B10 coach of the year.   So Smith has been around a program that got it done on the court and in the stands.   

Also hats off to Purdue for handling it with class.  Often when an assistant leaves the school they are leaving just drop them from the website. Purdue's coach had nothing but good things to say.

"We couldn't be more thrilled for Coach Smith to have this opportunity," said Boilermaker head coach Sharon Versyp. "Being able to return to your alma mater in a coaching role is a very special thing, and we wish her the best in her new role at Arkansas."

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 14, 2014, 11:56:59 am
Also hats off to Purdue for handling it with class.  Often when an assistant leaves the school they are leaving just drops them from the website. Purdue's coach had nothing but good things to say.

Agreed.  Very classy!
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

3kgthog

Perfect. She'll be ready to take over after Jimmy gets fired.

Scott7703

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 14, 2014, 12:46:08 pm

Do everyone a favor and get lost.

Great hire by coach.

jackflash

IronMountainHog

Isn't/wasn't she married to David Barrett, ex-hog and nfl player?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pork in the whiskers

Quote from: IronMountainHog on April 14, 2014, 02:30:31 pm
Isn't/wasn't she married to David Barrett, ex-hog and nfl player?
Jeremy Flowers, if I remember correctly.

sadhogfan

You're kind of a doofus.

Jeffcphog

By getting Christy, Coach Dykes has shown he knows what direction he is going.  Great hire.

bobcat ball

Ignorance. But what else is new when you post.
WOO PIG

Danny J

Great hire...I have always liked the idea of bringing back people passionate about our program because we really need them to get out and promote. It is much easier to sell something you believe in.

tophawg19

this makes the Dykes hire much better , She is a proven coach at a very good school
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

MoHog74

Great hire.  You'll have to admit, UA WBB has a level of enthusiasm/interest we haven't seen for awhile.  It was enough to get  me to register and post.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on April 14, 2014, 03:03:38 pm
Jeremy Flowers, if I remember correctly.

He was never mentioned in the press conf and releases, so it makes me wonder if they're still together. Probably not...

Westcoasthog

Jimmy Dykes made a great hire in Christy Smith.

CallThemHawgs!

Troll move

Dude has like 5 practices under his belt

Move along

jackflash

I know going to watch the Lady Backs play this year. Will have to be a weekend game. Think we will like Coach Dykes style of play.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

grayhawg

Quote from: hoglady on April 16, 2014, 05:57:02 pm
Excited about this hire.
She was a tough guard as a razorback, she would go inside over and over knowing she was going to hit the floor hard.

hoglady

Quote from: grayhawg on April 16, 2014, 06:28:42 pm
She was a tough guard as a razorback, she would go inside over and over knowing she was going to hit the floor hard.

Yes, she's one of my favorite ex Lady Razorback players. She seems super excited about coming back to Arkansas.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

j-mann

Coach Dykes will be a good coach but its sad he had to leave broadcasting  was OUR only homer we could count on   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs