Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steelers 35-1

Started by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson, April 14, 2014, 07:58:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Steelers 35-1 odds winning it all. Might have to put a couple hundred on that.

Love those odds, the off season changes and the 6-2 finish last year.
Let's make some waves.

bennyl08

It is crazy how fast the steelers became entirely irrelevant in the NFL. Super Bowl and one of the most consistently good teams in the NFL one year, the next, irrelevant the next 3 seasons. They made the playoffs the next season, but as a wildcard and with the team devastated by injuries, a team that lost to Tebow of all people.

Luckily, Seahawks vs Niners quickly filled the void for the most exciting rivalry left by the loss of the Steelers Ravens rivalry.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 14, 2014, 07:06:38 pm
It is crazy how fast the steelers became entirely irrelevant in the NFL. Super Bowl and one of the most consistently good teams in the NFL one year, the next, irrelevant the next 3 seasons. They made the playoffs the next season, but as a wildcard and with the team devastated by injuries, a team that lost to Tebow of all people.

Luckily, Seahawks vs Niners quickly filled the void for the most exciting rivalry left by the loss of the Steelers Ravens rivalry.

Yep however I not only have them back in the playoffs this year, but figure they will go on a Steeler like run of 15 of 17 post season appearances with 2-3 Super Bowls mixed in. 
Let's make some waves.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on April 15, 2014, 05:53:47 am
Yep however I not only have them back in the playoffs this year, but figure they will go on a Steeler like run of 15 of 17 post season appearances with 2-3 Super Bowls mixed in.

They will need an offensive line that doesn't get injured every year, they need another rb besides Bell, and they need a lot more in the way of defense. They finally realized that they needed to cut some of their aging players the past 2 off seasons, but now they need to find people to replace them.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2014, 11:33:55 pm
They will need an offensive line that doesn't get injured every year, they need another rb besides Bell, and they need a lot more in the way of defense. They finally realized that they needed to cut some of their aging players the past 2 off seasons, but now they need to find people to replace them.

Yes O-Line needs to stay healthy, but even backups played well the last half of the year. Added Legarrett Blount at RB and Lance Moore at receiver. Seems like they picked up Cortez Allen at corner, but not certain on that.
Let's make some waves.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on April 16, 2014, 07:37:00 am
Yes O-Line needs to stay healthy, but even backups played well the last half of the year. Added Legarrett Blount at RB and Lance Moore at receiver. Seems like they picked up Cortez Allen at corner, but not certain on that.

Blount has talent. Not sure if he will be able to be reigned in or not though. Belelchik and Fisher are about the only coaches who I like the odds to get the best out of questionable players.

Saints receivers don't have a history of producing outside of NO. Case in point, Meachum. Moore is a talented guy, but I think is a bit younger than Meachum when he left? Not really worried about your WR's. Brown is a better WR than Wallace ever was, thought that was a great move on Pitt. Wheaton from OSU will be a good player too.

I think the Steelers can quickly become a playoff team again, but I think it will take several years to become real contenders again.

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 17, 2014, 04:06:29 am
Blount has talent. Not sure if he will be able to be reigned in or not though. Belelchik and Fisher are about the only coaches who I like the odds to get the best out of questionable players.

Saints receivers don't have a history of producing outside of NO. Case in point, Meachum. Moore is a talented guy, but I think is a bit younger than Meachum when he left? Not really worried about your WR's. Brown is a better WR than Wallace ever was, thought that was a great move on Pitt. Wheaton from OSU will be a good player too.

I think the Steelers can quickly become a playoff team again, but I think it will take several years to become real contenders again.

We shall see :)
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

unrelated, but played golf with a guy Tuesday that showed me he had 500 on Spieth to with the masters at 25/1

said he went to bed happy Saturday, then drank his blues away after that 8th hole sunday lol

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on April 17, 2014, 08:46:23 am
unrelated, but played golf with a guy Tuesday that showed me he had 500 on Spieth to with the masters at 25/1

said he went to bed happy Saturday, then drank his blues away after that 8th hole sunday lol

Would have been a hell of a nice hit!
Let's make some waves.