Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some (SEC) BBall Recruiting Stuff

Started by RazorAg, April 13, 2014, 11:11:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorAg

Those of us that follow bball relatively closely have been wondering about what big men were on the radar for the 2015 class. Ironically, about a month ago, I started doing some research on who could be on our radar, and I arrived at 6'7-6'8 PF Juwan Morgan out of Waynesville, Mo.  Thought to myself at the time, surely we're on the this kid, especially considering that he played in a tournament in this area during the high school season.  I then remembered that he visited us early in the season.  Well, a few weeks ago, Richard confirmed that we are indeed on him.  Right now, he only has offers from Missouri State and Tulsa, but should receive more offers when we get into the AAU spring swing.

Another guy that just came on the radar is 6'9-6'10 Juco post Malik Dime.  He goes to the Juco powerhouse Indian Hills.  Probably a long shot having read recent updates here and there.  He's highly recruited.

The Real Deal in the Rock is next weekend, and I'll make my annual drive down to take that in.  There's always fallout from the teams that are committed, but from what the Real Deal people have published as committed teams, I'm very, very excited.  If most/all teams come, it will be the best it's been in years.  Interestingly, they are saying that the Arkansas Wings will participate, which historically doesn't happen due to the tournament being run by main in-state AAU rival, the Arkansas Hawks.  The last time the Wings participated was when Madden, Mickelson and Ross were playing, and at the time, the explanation was that the team was too good for the public not to see on that type of stage.  This Wings team could be better than that team, and features Malik Monk, so perhaps they're using that explanation again.  As always, I'll provide a full report, although, I may not be able to stay for Sunday morning considering it's Easter Sunday.

Below, I've provided a list of 2015 prospects with updated rankings. Most should play in the Real Deal.

z1on

MGB1229

Nice!  I'm always interested in basketball recruiting.  I wonder if we will see any more fallout with the current roster and if so who we sign.

I liked Henry's game quite a bit, but don't know if he would even be an option anymore.  Anyway, thanks for the info.

Hollywood_HOGan45

any chance we grab one more player for next year?

jjdlc

I would have thought that if anyone else was leaving, it would have most likely came out last week, but anything is possible.  I was more interested in Henry than Hannah's, but I understand the need for a guard as well.  As far as I know, Henry hasn't committed yet, so we may still be on him.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

rzrbackramsfan

Thanks, it'll be interesting to see what you find out.  I remember you have great info after last years. I think it was you or rd that stated Malik Newman was somewhat interested is us.  I'm really hoping ma makes a move.  I'm thinking Newman wants go to a southern school so we have a shot.

mhuff

You always have good stuff. Thanks...... been looking forward to hearing from you

RazorAg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 13, 2014, 03:26:58 pm
any chance we grab one more player for next year?

I was going to respond with "I'm not sure", but check the Tyquone Greer post in this forum.

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 14, 2014, 01:02:29 am
Thanks, it'll be interesting to see what you find out.  I remember you have great info after last years. I think it was you or rd that stated Malik Newman was somewhat interested is us.  I'm really hoping ma makes a move.  I'm thinking Newman wants go to a southern school so we have a shot.

I wouldn't spend any energy here.  I think you can put a small degree of hope on King McClure.  Need to see that play out more this spring/summer.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: RazorAg on April 14, 2014, 09:52:34 am
I was going to respond with "I'm not sure", but check the Tyquone Greer post in this forum.

I wouldn't spend any energy here.  I think you can put a small degree of hope on King McClure.  Need to see that play out more this spring/summer.

Where do you think newman's going? Ole miss, miss. St., Kentucky? We can compete with all of them recruiting wise.

mhuff

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 14, 2014, 12:56:39 pm
Where do you think newman's going? Ole miss, miss. St., Kentucky? We can compete with all of them recruiting wise.

Not sure you are serious. However, I sure hope he has an interest in us. If we got him and a super duper small forward , we would be in good shape. Of course we have to get the Arkansas boys and Whitt.... But we've got lots of schollies...... Oh.... that's year after next.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: mhuff on April 14, 2014, 03:54:27 pm
Not sure you are serious. However, I sure hope he has an interest in us. If we got him and a super duper small forward , we would be in good shape. Of course we have to get the Arkansas boys and Whitt.... But we've got lots of schollies...... Oh.... that's year after next.

I think he's open to the idea of being recruited by us.  I hope me make a move at the rock.

RazorAg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 14, 2014, 12:56:39 pm

I don't have a good feel for where he will land, but the fact that Kentucky, Duke and Kansas are on him as hard as anyone tells me not to spend much energy on tracking his recruitment.  If there's a non-power-player that could have a chance, it's Miss State, since his Dad went there.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: RazorAg on April 14, 2014, 07:45:39 pm
I don't have a good feel for where he will land, but the fact that Kentucky, Duke and Kansas are on him as hard as anyone tells me not to spend much energy on tracking his recruitment.  If there's a non-power-player that could have a chance, it's Miss State, since his Dad went there.

Alriiight. Still, I dont think heaves the south. 

RazorAg