Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 37 Thread: #24 Arkansas (21-15, 6-8 SEC) vs. #8 LSU (27-8-1, 8-5-1 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 13, 2014, 09:10:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Mizzou has taken the series from Kentucky. The #12 team in the country is 1 game under 500 at the half way mark in conference play.

ucahogfan

Ibarra chases a filthy slider from Jackson.  Jackson's 2nd K and 3rd for Hog pitching.

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0   0   1          10   7   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0   1   1   0           4   4   2

Up for the Hogs
Anderson
Baxendale
Fisher

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 13, 2014, 03:36:55 pm
Was safe and it was not close. Now that was a horrible call.
It was a horrible call.  The ump was rewarding Bregman for a great effort which is still unacceptable in a 10-4 game as it takes away a hit and RBI from Serrano.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Anderson extends his hitting streak by lining a single into left.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Bax flies out to the RF in RCF.  Zone expanded a little on one of his strikes.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0   0   1   0     10   8   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0   1   1   0           4   4   2

ucahogfan

TMc

Going to take 1/3 from the Tigers, and had a chance to win one other. Not a bad weekend for the Hogs.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Laird works the count full, and he flies out to Serrano in foul territory near the Razorback bullpen.

HOGS WIN 10-4!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0   0   1   0     10   8   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0   1   1   0   0      4   4   2

W - Oliver (4-3)
L - Bouman (3-2)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

TikiHog

ricepig

tennesseehogwild

Bats are coming alive a little. Gutty effort from Oliver on a day when he wasn't his best...Happy happy happy! WPS!

Flatline

If these kids can figure out and put together a little run they could be dangerous in the post season.

ucahogfan

Today was a great win for the Razorbacks as they responded as well as anyone could expect after a tough loss yesterday.  I think Blake Baxendale has locked down the DH spot for the remainder of the season unless he hits a rough spot.  His salami was an absolute bomb.

I think the best definition for Chris Oliver today was that he was effectively wild.  Sure, he issued 7 walks and hit 2 batters in 7 innings, but he also only allowed 4 hits and gave up 4 runs while he offense gave him excellent run support for the 2nd weekend finale in a row.  He didn't have great control today, but showed a lot of toughness to fight through it and give us 7 innings of solid ball.

Eric Fisher is my player of the series and could be in the running for SEC Player of the Week.  First Hog to homer in 3 consecutive games probably since the bats have changed.  And he did it in SEC play against one of the top 10 pitching staffs in SEC play.  Hopefully he carries it into next week.

This offense came to play this weekend scoring 17 runs at Alex Box against the LSU pitching staff.  The 10 runs the Hogs scored today were the most LSU allowed at home this season (11 at Florida is a season high) and was the first time that had allowed more than 4 runs since March 2 and the 2nd time all season.  The 17 runs was 9 more than LSU has allowed in a weekend series all year at home although it would have been nice to pull yesterday out.  I like how we are being much more aggressive on the base paths and hope it continues as we are stealing bases at like an 80% clip or so in SEC play.

LSU used 13 pitchers this weekend which represents every single arm that has seen any action on their staff this season and it showed today.  The Hogs used 5 pitchers and it showed how fresh our staff was today.  That will play a big role come postseason play.  Let's carry this offensive momentum over against a SFA team that is normally very good and against Vandy next weekend.  We have a 9 game home stand upcoming and we need to win at least 7 games.

The Hogs just played 8 straight games against top 20 teams and came away from it 4-4.  About all you can ask for in that stretch and it shows how much this team has improved over the last couple of weeks.

Hawgzinbowlz

Knot2brite

After saying that this is not a good team yesterday, I have to come back today and say that they bounced back today with a vengeance. They did the same after Florida took the first two games at re beginning of SEC play. Take this momentum and keep it going. We have to play above .500 ball in conference from this point on.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ucahogfan

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 13, 2014, 04:18:25 pm
After saying that this is not a good team yesterday, I have to come back today and say that they bounced back today with a vengeance. They did the same after Florida took the first two games at re beginning of SEC play. Take this momentum and keep it going. We have to play above .500 ball in conference from this point on.
Going 7-8 in the first half of SEC play against the meat grinder we went through shows that this is a good team.  We have played 5 teams that are all in the conversation for hosting a regional and being a top 8 seed.  We play two of those type teams in the back half including one at home and the other 3 teams are projected to be left out of the field of 64 right now.  Anything less than being 15-15 in conference play at this point will be a huge disappointment and even 15-15 will be a disappointment IMO.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 13, 2014, 04:26:06 pm
Going 7-8 in the first half of SEC play against the meat grinder we went through shows that this is a good team.  We have played 5 teams that are all in the conversation for hosting a regional and being a top 8 seed.  We play two of those type teams in the back half including one at home and the other 3 teams are projected to be left out of the field of 64 right now.  Anything less than being 15-15 in conference play at this point will be a huge disappointment and even 15-15 will be a disappointment IMO.
Agree 100%

BigSexyHog

Good win today.  If no for a couple of errors we might have won this series.  You can see the talent coming through at times.  Just have to put it all together and start rolling.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

RPI jumped to 72 as of 4:40pm. There are still games being played so we could be in the 60's by tonight.

trippigs

Ive never seen DVH  leave a pitcher in like he did today. Circumstances allowed it and it showed a lot of confidence in Oliver who had earned it over the long haul. To struggle with control of all things. I like him and look forward to his next outing.

Nice win HOGS.

Flatline

I am hoping this is that confidence boost to get them going down the stretch. 

I don't know if it is because of the new coach but these guys are hitting the ball ten times harder than last year and are very aggressive at the plate.  We may not get there this year but I think we will make some noise.  Next year should be a lot of fun with the youth we have right now. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Sueie

Quote from: TikiHog on April 13, 2014, 03:14:51 pm
the strike zone didn't beat us on Friday....I would say errors and no timely hitting

HOW are you going to hit with a strike zone 8 inches off the plate?  One time it was a strike the next time it wasn't.  The plate umpire on Friday night was a Nola fan.  Best thing was when Wise wiped the chalk lines out after him having them redrawn.