Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 37 Thread: #24 Arkansas (21-15, 6-8 SEC) vs. #8 LSU (27-8-1, 8-5-1 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 13, 2014, 09:10:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0                     9   7   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0                         2   2   1

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on April 13, 2014, 02:47:41 pm
Wise and Fisher play unreal D
As long as they keep this up, both should be on the All-SEC defensive team at the end of the year and will be sorely missed next year.

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

jry04

Fisher is really coming on. His glove at first has bailed out a ton of bad throws, and now his bat is coming on to complement his defense. I believe I heard Chuck say on Friday that Fisher was batting .280 in SEC play, which was quite a bit higher than his overall batting average coming into SEC play.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Wild pitch allows Moore to move to 3rd.  I think it might have gone through the webbing of Wise's mitt.

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

ucahogfan

HamIAm

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 13, 2014, 02:55:16 pm
Only about 5,700 fans in Alex Box this afternoon.

They must have all gone to Starkville, attendance there today was 15,586.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0                     9   7   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0   1                    3   3   1

Up for the Hogs
Anderson
Baxendale
Fisher

TikiHog

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2014, 02:57:35 pm
Fisher is really coming on. His glove at first has bailed out a ton of bad throws, and now his bat is coming on to complement his defense. I believe I heard Chuck say on Friday that Fisher was batting .280 in SEC play, which was quite a bit higher than his overall batting average coming into SEC play.
He was hitting .279 in SEC play entering today with 6 XBHs which was the most on the team.  He is now the 2nd Hog to have double digit RBIs in SEC play with 10.  Plus, you can't beat his defense at 1B.

ucahogfan

New pitcher for LSU is Sophomore LHP Hunter Devall (0-0, 1.69 ERA).

ucahogfan

Anderson grounds it to 3B and the 3B boots it.  Anderson is searching for a hit to extend his hitting streak.  E5.

ucahogfan

Bax looks at strike 3 and Anderson is caught stealing 2-6 after a perfect throw by Scivicque.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0   0                9   7   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0   1                    3   3   2

ucahogfan

Arkansas has thrown only 4 pitchers so far this weekend while LSU has used 13 including 2 of those guys twice.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Break & Run

This series has been extremely close.  Hopefully our bats are coming around for good.  Our pitching has been good
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ucahogfan

Laird grounds out 6-3 as McMullen was in motion.  Would have been a 6-4-3 DP otherwise.

JHicks3636

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 13, 2014, 03:10:22 pm
McMullen draws the 6th walk issued by Oliver.

And coming into the game I think he only had 11 walks total

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

So, so close to a sweep of LSU. A 1 run 9th inning loss yesterday and a 6 foot wide strike zone Friday.

TikiHog

the strike zone didn't beat us on Friday....I would say errors and no timely hitting

ucahogfan

Bregman runs the count full, and he draws yet another walk.  Wise had been called out on strikes on a pitch in a very similar location earlier.

ucahogfan

Scivicque singles into center.  McMullen scores.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

9-4 Hogs.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0   0                9   7   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0   1   1                4   4   2

Up for the Hogs
Wernes
Wise
Bernal

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on April 13, 2014, 03:14:51 pm
the strike zone didn't beat us on Friday....I would say errors and no timely hitting
I would say Aaron Nola beat us Friday and errors.  Anderson had a pretty clutch hit in the 8th when we needed it.

ucahogfan

New pitcher for LSU is Sophomore LHP Henri Faucheux (2-0, 2.20 ERA).

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Wise sac bunt 1-3-4.  The P bobbled the ball, but the 1B was close enough to pick up the ball and get Wise.

JHicks3636

Oliver with 104 pitches through 7 innings. I doubt that we see him in the 8th.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Spoon runs the count full, and he walks to load the bases as the runners were off with the pitch.

ucahogfan

Benintendi lines one into CF for a sac fly.  Wernes and Bernal tag.  Wernes scores.  Benintendi's 17th RBI of the season.

10-4 Hogs.

ucahogfan

Serrano grounds out 6-3 on a nice play by Bregman.  Replay showed Serrano was safe.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Arkansas    4   0   0   1   4   0   0   1          10   7   0
LSU            0   2   0   0   0   1   1                4   4   2

ucahogfan

New pitcher for Arkansas is Freshman RHP Zach Jackson (2-1, 1 S, 2.42 ERA).

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Sciambra goes down swinging on a powerful fastball.  Jackson's 1st K and 2nd for Razorback pitching.