Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football totally closed this week

Started by Mike Irwin, April 13, 2014, 07:42:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Post practice interviews only.

They didn't give a reason but the answer is obvious. Bielema said after the scrimmage that they will devote this week to developing early game plans for Auburn and Texas Tech.

Sound like a good idea to me.

Henry Hogsome

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 13, 2014, 07:42:16 am

They didn't give a reason but the answer is obvious. Bielema said after the scrimmage that they will devote this week to developing early game plans for Auburn and Texas Tech.

I like the plan as well.  Those games are gonna be very important to us.

SquidBilly

I take this as a sign that they are comfortable that every player understands their role and have a good grasp of the schemes.  Now they can spend time installing game plan.  Still worried about talent and depth though.

ARtillahog

Quote from: ATLpiggie on April 13, 2014, 09:24:59 pm
I take this as a sign that they are comfortable that every player understands their role and have a good grasp of the schemes.  Now they can spend time installing game plan.  Still worried about talent and depth though.

I know you know recruiting only improves that.

swinesation

Quote from: ATLpiggie on April 13, 2014, 09:24:59 pm

Not sure they'd say every player has a good grasp of the schemes. BB said he wanted to mix things up a little bit to keep it from being too much of a grind.

HogFanatic

That means working on the sideline signal to flop in Auburn's case. Haha. I can't wait to see it.

SquidBilly

Quote from: ARtillahog on April 13, 2014, 09:46:46 pm
I know you know recruiting only improves that.

Yeah usually but I always hope that a guy or two on the current roster will have a break through where they finally "get it" and become a contributor as well.

gmarv

yeah we need to get that i,m injured play installed,cbb needs time to get
the gus malzhan i know nothing act down too.

MS_HogFan

Mike
Do you think that the razorbacks have a guy on the payroll that goes to other teams practices?
Do other teams do that?

SOOIE

DeltaBoy

Solid Move.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Professor Psychosis

Good deal.  I really really want to win the Auburn game.  Wouldn't even mind it if it were a 5-7 season as long as Auburn was one of those wins.

twistitup

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on April 14, 2014, 04:31:29 pm
Wouldn't even mind it if it were a 5-7 season as long as Auburn was one of those wins.

?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

SquidBilly

Quote from: twistitup on April 14, 2014, 04:40:12 pm
?

A lot of people feel that way.    I will say it a little differently though.  I'm looking for this team to realistically win 8 games but it won't feel as good if one of those wins isn't against Auburn.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: MS_HogFan on April 14, 2014, 12:57:35 pm
Mike
Do you think that the razorbacks have a guy on the payroll that goes to other teams practices?
Do other teams do that?
I doubt it. Most practices are closed.

Over 40 HS coaches from Arkansas were at an Auburn clinic last week. I'm pretty sure they saw practices. Whether any of them would talk to Arkansas coaches about what they saw is not something I would know.

Most schools televise their spring games. There's no deep secret about that.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 05:33:20 pm

Over 40 HS coaches from Arkansas were at an Auburn clinic last week. I'm pretty sure they saw practices. Whether any of them would talk to Arkansas coaches about what they saw is not something I would know.

Right. Wouldn't there be a ton more learned from a (most are televised) Spring game than from skel drills and tackling dummies during a practice? (Other than certain trick plays....)

JansterZ71

Installing super secret trick plays to beat Auburn... This pic says it all
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

nextlevel

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on April 14, 2014, 05:40:05 pm
Right. Wouldn't there be a ton more learned from a (most are televised) Spring game than from skel drills and tackling dummies during a practice? (Other than certain trick plays....)

Auburn's offense doesn't consist of a vast playbook. It does have about 10 plays ran out o 15 different formations.

Getting the players not to bite on the bait being sent or get caught up watching the smoke and mirrors is the defensive staff's biggest job in game planning for Auburn.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: HogFanatic on April 13, 2014, 11:08:29 pm
That means working on the sideline signal to flop in Auburn's case. Haha. I can't wait to see it.
A player or coach will be flopping around on the ground simulating a wounded bird (war eagle).

" GO HOGS "

870hogfan

Quote from: JansterZ71 on April 14, 2014, 06:18:56 pm

Just like this picture? 

[attachment deleted by admin]

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Maybe we can get Willy Robinson to call the defensive plays for that one game since his success rate is so high against Gus.  :)
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

twistitup

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on April 15, 2014, 05:53:14 am
Maybe we can get Willy Robinson to call the defensive plays for that one game since his success rate is so high against Gus.  :)

If we could get Big Willie and Dave Wan on the sidelines together the mustache power would be epic

Espn top 10 for sure

DeltaBoy

Quote from: nextlevel on April 14, 2014, 06:54:06 pm
Auburn's offense doesn't consist of a vast playbook. It does have about 10 plays ran out o 15 different formations.

Getting the players not to bite on the bait being sent or get caught up watching the smoke and mirrors is the defensive staff's biggest job in game planning for Auburn.

Truth be told it not much different from what Gus rain at Springdale or USC!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ldfergu

Quote from: JansterZ71 on April 14, 2014, 06:18:56 pm

Pittman and Bielema should try and benefit from the $375,000 salary we pay Coach Herb.  Dudes need to lose some weight

twistitup

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on April 15, 2014, 08:54:52 am
Pittman and Bielema should try and benefit from the $375,000 salary we pay Coach Herb.  Dudes need to lose some weight

A bit Farley - ish

DeltaBoy

Bret says don't tell me Good Game.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 05:33:20 pm

Now we need 40 HS coaches from Alabama attending our practice. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 15, 2014, 09:53:25 am

LOL!

3kgthog

Quote from: HogFanatic on April 13, 2014, 11:08:29 pm

If we're up by 17 with 1 minute to play, I'd love to see it no matter what kind of penalty or fine they want to give us. I'd send a check to the RF the next morning.

A Hog looks to the sidelines, BB holds up a sign (to mock Gus's use of signs) featuring Lebron James (king of the flop), and our guy hits the ground like a sack of potatoes. Instant Sportscenter Not Top 10 and free marketing.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 15, 2014, 10:03:30 am
If we're up by 17 with 1 minute to play, I'd love to see it no matter what kind of penalty or fine they want to give us. I'd send a check to the RF the next morning.

A Hog looks to the sidelines, BB holds up a sign (to mock Gus's use of signs) featuring Lebron James (king of the flop), and our guy hits the ground like a sack of potatoes. Instant Sportscenter Not Top 10 and free marketing.
Or just hold up a sign of the Auburn kid who flopped in the endzone last season laying there holding his knee.
All Gas, No Brakes!

goodguytex

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 15, 2014, 09:53:25 am
Yeah... I don't expect to ever see that happen.

goodguytex

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 15, 2014, 10:05:51 am
Or just hold up a sign of the Auburn kid who flopped in the endzone last season laying there holding his knee.
That would be a very funny moment and something us fans would never forget but always appreciate and love.

HogFanatic

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 15, 2014, 10:03:30 am

Any sort of fine levied against Arkansas for such an action would be met with an airtight rebuttal illustrating CLEAR bias against Arkansas.
It would be hilarious and the SEC would look foolish.

ETA: One thing is for sure...these two coaches really do not like one another. If Arkansas can beat them this year we could see a legitimate rivalry forming right in front of our eyes. Especially if we resort to cheap tactics like Gus.

code red

That and consider punting and kicking instead of faking.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou