Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen out to "prove" that he is the starter

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, April 13, 2014, 06:51:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Lazlo

Haven't watched a single spring practice. Typically I'd hold out on my reservations until after the spring game.  With that said, I predict Rafe Peavey will be the starter at some point this fall.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: footballmaniac on April 14, 2014, 10:42:17 am
Haven't watched a single spring practice. Typically I'd hold out on my reservations until after the spring game.  With that said, I predict Rafe Peavey will be the starter at some point this fall.

Let's hope if that happens it is due to his undeniable stellar play and not due to injury or poor QB play on the starter. If it is either of the last two then we are in trouble.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

razoredge178

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 10:27:50 am
Have to been to the scrimmages? If you have and if you have watched this sort of thing in the past you know that there has been nothing scripted for Brandon Allen this spring.

The opposite is true. They've been trying to make him fail by using the defense to confuse him.

Who is this 5 star freshman you refer to? There's not one on campus. Not even close.

I will agree with you on one thing. Brandon Allen is not a great college quarterback. The reason nobody is going to beat him out is because they are not good enough.

Matt Jones, as a true freshman, would have that job locked down. So would Ryan Mallett.

Rafe Peavey is not those guys.

As for your comment that somebody is going to leave, that's entirely possible. If I had a guess it would go like this:

If Peavey jumps past Austin Allen then Allen might leave. If a teammate with one less year in the system jumps you the handwriting is on the wall.

If Peavey doesn't jump Allen this spring I certainly don't see him leaving. I've met him. He's way too pumped up right now to leave after one semester.

If Ty Storey comes in a year from now and moves ahead of  AA and Peavey they both might leave.

None of those possibilities is a good reason to dump Brandon Allen. He's the best QB currently on campus. That may not be saying a lot but again don't confuse what you want with what you've got.

Cmon Mike...BA doesn't know his own teams playbook? Are you saying he would be just as strong right now if we put him on a jet to Baton Rouge and let him dress out for their Spring practice this afternoon? I don't think so.

And Rafe was a pretty strong 4-star, offered by Auburn, Missouri, Ole Miss, Nebraska, and so forth. At least listening to you guys on TV and the radio he was supposed to be our next big QB.

So when does he get to play? I for one lack confidence that BB can survive 2 more seasons of mediocrity with BA and then unveil another fresh QB with little to no SEC experience (i.e. 1-2 yrs. of what some here are saying BA is going through) for a total of 4+ more seasons of mediocre QB play.

History doesn't lie at Arkansas. At least in the last 10+ years. We HAVE to have a powerful, dynamic QB who can make snap-time decisions in the best conference in football. You either better have an arm, or you better have legs. Or if you're lucky, you have a good dose of both like MJ.

...yet to see either out of BA.

PorkRinds

God help us if he is...

Chief Mac

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 10:14:16 am
I like BB a lot and I firmly believe his success at Arkansas rides on the QB play over the next couple of years, especially if his apparent commitment to BA yields yet another Casey Dick. He absolutely WILL NOT get another 2-3 years beyond that to develop his next QB. So do you do it now? Or later? I think he has less chance of still be our HC if he goes with with the latter.

Its funny that folks call it bashing BA....he is in fact statistically terrible. Its not bashing if its the truth. And you can't blame his shoulder for making bad in-game decisions between the ears.

Clint Stoerner was statistically horrible as a first year sophmore starter in 1997, completing only 48% of his passes and throwing more ints than TDs.  Going on your thought process, Clint should never been allowed to start his junior year in which he improved in every area and set school records.

first year starters typically struggle....it is more a norm than not.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 14, 2014, 11:01:22 am
Clint Stoerner was statistically horrible as a first year sophmore starter in 1997, completing only 48% of his passes and throwing more ints than TDs.  Going on your thought process, Clint should never been allowed to start his junior year in which he improved in every area and set school records.

Especially if they are playing through an injury that directly effects arm strength and confidence.

Carl Lazlo

ChitownHawg

Nice try Chris, but he doesn't want to give much weight to game experience.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 14, 2014, 11:03:23 am
Especially if they are playing through an injury that directly effects arm strength and confidence.

HF he will come back the injury has nothing to do with his in game decisions. Which is true, but Chris' and my comments of game experience does. He cannot tie these two together.  ::)

The Hogfather

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 11:09:25 am
HF he will come back the injury has nothing to do with his in game decisions. Which is true, but Chris' and my comments of game experience does. He cannot tie these two together.  ::)

I think the injury DOES effect decisions.  If you don't have confidence in your arm, it is hard to be confident in ANY of your throws.  You start trying to determine where you THINK a WR will be open, so you can get the ball out on time.

He had a lot going against him last season.  It was his 1st full season as the starter, he had a very limited # of snaps prior to last season, he had a very suspect WR corps, he had basically a patchwork OL, including 2 true freshman for much of the season, he got injured before we even got into the SEC schedule and it lingered for the remainder of the season, etc.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 10:50:40 am
Cmon Mike...BA doesn't know his own teams playbook? Are you saying he would be just as strong right now if we put him on a jet to Baton Rouge and let him dress out for their Spring practice this afternoon? I don't think so.

Maybe it escaped your notice but there's a new defensive coordinator in town with a new philosophy and an array of blitzes and stunts. Brandon Allen doesn't sit in on the defensive meetings so no, he doesn't know their playbook.

You said the scrimmages were scripted and that makes Allen look better than he is. That is false.

They have been throwing the house at him trying to confuse him.

Since you brought up LSU I will add that I was standing on the field in Baton Rouge last fall when Allen played his best game of the year. LSU fans were screaming at their own defense, mad as hell. They would not have been doing that if Allen were the inept doof that some are suggesting here.

The kid played hurt. He played with the worst group of receivers since 2004. Bielema got so mad after the Alabama game that he told the media he was going to start benching receivers and using defensive backs if those guys didn't stop screwing up.

Predictably things got better after that.

Brandon Allen is a serviceable quarterback and if they fix several other problems between now and next September they will win a few more games than last year.

That ain't great but it is what it is.

ricepig

Quote from: salebow on April 14, 2014, 09:11:31 am
I will believe it when I see.... him not staring down receivers.

Tyler Wilson starred down Cobi on every pass, fact.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 14, 2014, 09:40:55 am
Lsu gave up 22 points a game last year. That's nowhere near their typical defensive output. Do I expect either of you to understand that? Not so much.

Giving up 22 points a game is better than the Hogs, for sure. Is there a gap between "something to write home about" and the Hogs defense? Oh yes, a wide one. I wouldn't call giving up 22 points a game, "vaunted." But to each their own, I suppose. 

Fact: LSU was a top 3 SEC defense in 2013. I would expect you to understand that because is factual and indisputable.

Your Opinion: LSU's defense is nothing to "write home about"

You really should quit trying to make your case before you make yourself look more ignorant than you already have.

ricepig

Never will take off the red shirt.

Wants2Win

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 11:25:21 am
Maybe it escaped your notice but there's a new defensive coordinator in town with a new philosophy and an array of blitzes and stunts. Brandon Allen doesn't sit in on the defensive meetings so no, he doesn't know their playbook.

You said the scrimmages were scripted and that makes Allen look better than he is. That is false.

Since you brought up LSU I will add that I was standing on the field in Baton Rouge last fall when Allen played his best game of the year. LSU fans were screaming at their own defense, mad as hell. They would not have been doing that if Allen were the inept doof that some are suggesting here.

The kid played hurt. He played with the worst group of receivers since 2004. Bielema got so mad after the Alabama game that he told the media he was going to start benching receivers and using defensive backs if those guys didn't stop screwing up.

Brandon Allen is a serviceable quarterback and if they fix several other problems between now and next September they will win a few more games than last year.

Things got better after the alabama game?

Prestworthy

I'd love to see BA succeed.  He's been through a lot.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 14, 2014, 11:33:54 am
I'd love to see BA succeed.  He's been through a lot.

From what some are writing on here he will go through even more this year - even if he improves. Sad.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on April 14, 2014, 11:27:31 am
Fact: LSU was a top 3 SEC defense in 2013. I would expect you to understand that because is factual and indisputable.

Your Opinion: LSU's defense is nothing to "write home about"

You really should quit trying to make your case before you make yourself look more ignorant than you already have.

Based on what?

Scoring defense - Ranked 5th in the SEC
Yards per game allowed/ 4th in the SEC
Rushing Yards allowed per game - 6th in the SEC

The only category LSU was Top 3 in was yards allowed passing.

LSU had a very solid defense but trying to defend them as an elite SEC defense last year is a stretch. The only statistically Elite defense in the SEC last year was Alabama. After that there were 8 teams that gave up between 20-24 points a game and LSU falls in the middle.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Wants2Win on April 14, 2014, 11:32:17 am
Things got better after the alabama game?
Yes. Allen's numbers improved against Ole Miss, Mississippi State and LSU mainly because the receivers started running the correct routes and catching the ball. That comes directly from Jim Chaney not me, although I was at those games and observed it myself.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: locusbug on April 13, 2014, 04:39:05 pm
I honestly do feel your pain and frustration. If this had happened after Nutt it might not have been so bad, but CBP did give us a short glimpse of the big stage. I think we will be back.

I know, absolutely, that we will be back!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WilsonHog

It has become painfully obvious around here that if football knowledge was water and some of our fans were standing in it, the bottom of their feet would be as dry as the Sahara.

razoredge178

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 14, 2014, 11:20:45 am
I think the injury DOES effect decisions.  If you don't have confidence in your arm, it is hard to be confident in ANY of your throws.  You start trying to determine where you THINK a WR will be open, so you can get the ball out on time.

He had a lot going against him last season.  It was his 1st full season as the starter, he had a very limited # of snaps prior to last season, he had a very suspect WR corps, he had basically a patchwork OL, including 2 true freshman for much of the season, he got injured before we even got into the SEC schedule and it lingered for the remainder of the season, etc.

Well according to Mike Irwin he has a hell of a lot going against him this year so I guess our QB friendly advocates are already building the case for him to drop his load on the field again this coming season and we'll be having the same back and forth discussion this time next year.

I used to like to think that a truly good leader, excuse me, I mean QB, brought an offense together as a unit? He didn't last year. According to MI, its not looking great so far this year.

So is he just one man standing amongst a group of 10 other men? Or is the captain of the offense?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 11:56:42 am
Well according to Mike Irwin he has a hell of a lot going against him this year so I guess our QB friendly advocates are already building the case for him to drop his load on the field again this coming season and we'll be having the same back and forth discussion this time next year.

I used to like to think that a truly good leader, excuse me, I mean QB, brought an offense together as a unit? He didn't last year. According to MI, its not looking great so far this year.

So is he just one man standing amongst a group of 10 other men? Or is the captain of the offense?

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 10:14:16 am
Its not bashing if its the truth.

Yep you ain't bashing him you are just being a truth-sayer.

And you suck.. Not bashing just telling the truth.  ;D

Kevin

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 10:08:34 am
The leading rusher (Collins) had less than 50 yards and some of that was against the twos.

Yes, the offensive line is struggling. Big time.

wasn't the scrimmage this past saturday, red zone & short yardage, mostly. i thought that was the plan.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

o-line, that is why i think ragnow thinks he as a chance to start at center.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razoredge178

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 12:15:23 pm
Yep you ain't bashing him you are just being a truth-sayer.

And you suck.. Not bashing just telling the truth.  ;D

So is it true or not Locus? From what I'm reading, just about everyone is making the case for him to 'be mediocre' again? Gosh, MI covered it all. Tailbacks. The O-line. So what do you have then? Another year gone...a senior QB...and who knows how many QB recruit defects?

So again I ask, is BA the QB building block for our future?

I haven't once said or disputed that he's is or isn't the best thing on the early April practice field. But are we building to beat Auburn this year...or NEXT year? Realistically?

PorkRinds

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 12:39:47 pm
So is it true or not Locus? From what I'm reading, just about everyone is making the case for him to 'be mediocre' again? Gosh, MI covered it all. Tailbacks. The O-line. So what do you have then? Another year gone...a senior QB...and who knows how many QB recruit defects?

I haven't once said or disputed that he's is or isn't the best thing on the early April practice field. But are we building to beat Auburn this year...or NEXT year? Realistically?

So when you said he took a dump on the field last year, that wasn't a value judgment?

razoredge178

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2014, 12:43:25 pm
So when you said he took a dump on the field last year, that wasn't a value judgment?

Did you see what you bolded? I said exactly what I said. He may or may not be the best QB on the practice field.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 12:39:47 pm

That was a pitiful attempt at deflection. The point was you are bashing and trying to shroud it in truth.

I will not chase your straw man argument. Stop bashing. There are posters who have concerns about BA but state without the bashing that you do. Now quit deflecting like a little boy with his hand in the cookie jar and stop bashing.

PorkRinds

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 12:45:11 pm
Did you see what you bolded? I said exactly what I said. He may or may not be the best QB on the practice field.

So you're suggesting that we should play Rafe, whether he's the best QB on the field or not? For the sake of the future?

goodguytex

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2014, 12:43:25 pm
One of our top receivers transferred last year, another went down hurt for the year. Our most experienced TE returning was down hurt for several games. None of them had really practiced or played significant minutes with BA before last year. It was mostly Tyler Wilson and Brandon Mitchell. We have Wilson back from being hurt, our experience from last year mostly back, with new talent coming in to provide depth. It takes time for a qb to get familiar with his receivers to the point that they can predict each other's movements... Unless you're a Ryan Mallett type... Who only comes along once every decade or so.. Maybe not that often.

If BA sucks the first half of the year, or first three games, I will be all for replacing him with someone else... Hopefully Austin Allen. But he deserves the chance to prove if he can do it, get the job done.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2014, 12:49:54 pm
So you're suggesting that we should play Rafe, whether he's the best QB on the field or not? For the sake of the future?

Yep that is what he is saying. Rafe cannot win it on his own, so he wants it given to him. I wonder how Rafe would feel about that?

Peter Porker

Sometimes pass plays are designed with simple routes for more protections. We ran that a lot last year. Remember Cam Newton describing a play on the Gruden QB Camp? Not all pass plays have multiple progressions. What you call staring down a receiver isn't always lack of progression.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

WilsonHog

I've been a Razorback fan for 30 years.

I've never seen our own fans vilify a Razorback quarterback the way they do Brandon Allen.

It's pathetic.

razoredge178

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2014, 12:49:54 pm

Brandon Allen got caught up neck deep in misfortune. As if the coach who recruited you getting fired isn't enough, but then topped off with a year of JLS.

What we're left with is a kid that didn't get the year of reps and offense orientation that Petrino had mapped out for him while Wilson finished up. Now you've got the really nasty leftovers of a kid that wasn't recruited for the BB system and didn't even get the luxury of a couple of years of orientation to any coaches system.

Its the nature of the beast and he is the defenseless bystander. With that said, yes, as a fan and donor, I would be very supportive of going 'young' this next season. While a bit late now, I would've both released Brandon Allen to look elsewhere, and supported him as well.

Next year is going to be nasty, whomever you get in the QB hole. And as a fan, I'm ok with it! But if you already know whats coming, do you sit back and get ran over, or start to build a team that can beat you the next go around?

Brandon Allen will graduate with 0 wins against Auburn, Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M.

So on the go-forward, do we want him to be 0-0, 0-1, or 0-2 against these teams?

I'll choose 0-0 and go with a fresh set of hands.

Chief Mac

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 01:14:03 pm
Brandon Allen got caught up neck deep in misfortune. As if the coach who recruited you getting fired isn't enough, but then topped off with a year of JLS.

What we're left with is a kid that didn't get the year of reps and offense orientation that Petrino had mapped out for him while Wilson finished up. Now you've got the really nasty leftovers of a kid that wasn't recruited for the BB system and didn't even get the luxury of a couple of years of orientation to any coaches system.

Its the nature of the beast and he is the defenseless bystander. With that said, yes, as a fan and donor, I would be very supportive of going 'young' this next season. While a bit late now, I would've both released Brandon Allen to look elsewhere, and supported him as well.

Next year is going to be nasty, whomever you get in the QB hole. And as a fan, I'm ok with it! But if you already know whats coming, do you sit back and get ran over, or start to build a team that can beat you the next go around?

Brandon Allen will graduate with 0 wins against Auburn, Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M.

So on the go-forward, do we want him to be 0-0, 0-1, or 0-2 against these teams?

I'll choose 0-0 and go with a fresh set of hands.

Tom is talking about you

Quote from: Tom Bennett on April 14, 2014, 11:56:23 am
It has become painfully obvious around here that if football knowledge was water and some of our fans were standing in it, the bottom of their feet would be as dry as the Sahara.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

nextlevel

Quote from: Tom Bennett on April 14, 2014, 01:04:05 pm
I've been a Razorback fan for 30 years.

I've never seen our own fans vilify a Razorback quarterback the way they do Brandon Allen.

It's pathetic.

I can recall a similar situation happening to Casey Dick...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 11:25:21 am

Mike, what do you see as the other problems the team has ?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

nextlevel

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 01:14:03 pm
Brandon Allen got caught up neck deep in misfortune. As if the coach who recruited you getting fired isn't enough, but then topped off with a year of JLS. .

He was coached by Petrino's hand picked candidate for the position, his wittle brudder Paul.

I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

razoredge178

Quote from: nextlevel on April 14, 2014, 01:21:46 pm
He was coached by Petrino's hand picked candidate for the position, his wittle brudder Paul.

And it turns out Paul was doing a lot more job searching than coaching. BA was just along for the train wreck.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 13, 2014, 04:08:51 pm
Yeah...I am usually pretty modest and reserved but keep in mind that over the last 5 years we have heard things during spring and fall camp like "our defense is going to be much better this year..our Dbacks our actually turning their heads and playing more aggressive", etc....So I am now simply taking the "I will believe it when I see it" approach. I guess that keeps me from getting my hopes up too high only to be let down. I am expecting 5 wins this year and if we do better then I will be happy with the progress especially with the brutal schedule we are playing.

I agree... Tired of all the talk especially the stupid Arkansas media saying everything should be better.  They don't have a freaking clue half the time.  Proof is in the results on the field.  I know there is some talent just have to put it all together.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ChitownHawg

Quote from: razoredge178 on April 14, 2014, 01:24:18 pm
And it turns out Paul was doing a lot more job searching than coaching. BA was just along for the train wreck.

And for that you are going to bash him? Or truth as you like to put it.

Jek Tono Porkins

This is such a solid post. People are quick to preach doom but if they would just do a bit of research they could find qb's that had really bad underclassmen years and turned into great quarterbacks...you don't even have to search outside of Arkansas to find such a quarterback.

Also, this. People don't realize what a disaster 2012 was. It was basically a lost year that put us one year behind the rest of the SEC in terms of development. Those coaches were interested in Tyler Wilson, Cobi Hamilton, Knile Davis, and getting a head coaching job whether it was at Arkansas or somewhere else. My guess is that besides those three guys and few other starters, everyone else was basically ignored. I wish that could be confirmed but that is my hunch.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

nextlevel

There was plenty of blame to go around, as there often is, JLS makes a great scape goat, but his actual role he was hired for the team was minimum in the coaching department.

ell oh ell

goodguytex

Allen hardly had a chance in 2012.... Thrust into action against Bama, and the whole program was in disarray. Just a big mess from start to finish. If Allen can't get it done through game three this year, it's time to make a change. We don't know yet. Austin was a four star qb recruited by Notre dame, by Bama... Among others. I would love to see what he can do. But I don't know how far along he is. It's the coaches decision to make. As it should be.

razoredge178

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 01:30:01 pm

Yah I've been around football for a long time, and yah, he is definitely mediocre, which computes to poor in the SEC powerhouse conference. That fact, combined with being man-handled across night and day offensive schematics, equal complete confusion and lack of confidence on Fall Saturdays.

ricepig

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 01:30:01 pm

Dude's the truth, haven't you figured that out yet??

razoredge178

Quote from: goodguytex on April 14, 2014, 01:37:48 pm
Allen hardly had a chance in 2012.... Thrust into action against Bama, and the whole program was in disarray. Just a big mess from start to finish. If Allen can't get it done through game three this year, it's time to make a change. We don't know yet. Austin was a four star qb recruited by Notre dame, by Bama... Among others. I would love to see what he can do. But I don't know how far along he is. It's the coaches decision to make. As it should be.

Why does he get three games? Why not four? Or two?

Three games is Auburn, Nichols State, and TT. If he does bad are  your thoughts that Northern Illinois is a good 'juncture' to bring in a new guy? I could get on board with that.

Assuming he earns a 3 game pass. If he bombs against Auburn I make the move then.

nextlevel

Quote from: goodguytex on April 14, 2014, 01:37:48 pm

The game before that you saw him being thrown into action with minimum prep leading up to that point.

Instead of putting him in a position to hand the ball off to one of the three NFL RBs on the roster, Paul decided a win wasn't good enough and put the rest of the game in Allen's hand via the pass until ULM took the momentum and brought themselves back into contention for the game.

Real confidence builder to start his college career...

ell oh ell

goodguytex

Quote from: nextlevel on April 14, 2014, 01:44:01 pm
The game before that you saw him being thrown into action with minimum prep leading up to that point.

Instead of putting him in a position to hand the ball off to one of the three NFL RBs on the roster, Paul decided a win wasn't good enough and put the rest of the game in Allen's hand via the pass until ULM took the momentum and brought themselves back into contention for the game.

Real confidence builder to start his college career...
Very true. One big screwup from start to finish. As far how much of a chance BA should get... These coaches are getting paid to coach this team. We aren't. It's not my or any of our decision to make how much of a chance he should get. I defer to coaches who have the experience. And are around these guys every day.