Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DGB to Auburn or Louisville?

Started by BigDrDon, April 12, 2014, 09:26:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDrDon

He has another year to be eligible . Sit a year the play one to get his stock back? , or be another stat?
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

wachhog

To Auburn  or Louisville?  I see what you did there, jealous zealot.

ChicoHog

I would think he might sit out a year and then apply for the draft. 

Break & Run

He may just go to a training facility for a year, stay out of trouble and go pro.  They know what he can do.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HOGINTENNESSEE

I see no reason he sits out next year to play another at NCAA level.

He will just train until the draft or go down a level, play this year and then go pro. He has already shown enough to be an NFL draft pick.

southeasthog

Quote from: Break & Run on April 13, 2014, 09:30:19 am
He may just go to a training facility for a year, stay out of trouble and go pro.  They know what he can do.
Assuming he is smart enough to do this.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

rljjr

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 13, 2014, 06:15:08 pm
He has already shown enough to be an NFL draft pick.

He's also shown enough why he shouldn't be one. In fact, he's shown more that way than the other.

DGB in 2013 was 70th in the NCAA in yards. 111th in average yards per catch. His best category is 10th in TDs scored, and he was 78th in receptions. To me that screams that there are a LOT of other guys who are just as capable as he.

Yes, I know you can make stats do lots of things, and they aren't the sole indicator of success -- but it is an indicator. Of course so is behavior, and his legal issues are probably greater than most of the WRs ahead of him or behind him. Unfortunately the NCAA doesn't keep those stats so I can't definitively prove that.

Hopefully he can get himself straightened out. Best thing for him as far as football goes is to drop down a division and work on his game -- while he is working on his self control.

WPS

ChicoHog

The name "thug" implies violence.  Like a "muscle man" for a mob moss.  they use violence or physical threats to get what they want.  Nothing to do with race. 

kingofdequeen

can't go to Auburn without sitting 2 years.

still has a redshirt, so he could transfer, sit, and play 2.

if it were me, i'd get far away from everything.  go to west coast.

thegrizz

My guess is DGB transfers to a small school, plays next year then enters the draft. Although MO State has already said they dont want him, there will be plenty who do. It cracks me up to see how many people who Im sure have been ripping Mizzou for not kicking him off team after the second ordeal are now screaming, TRANSFER HERE. And im not talking about you guys, from what Ive seen most of you would want nothing to do with him either. Kudos to Pinkel for booting him. Easiest thing would have been to make him go to counseling, suspend him for the first couple of meaningless games, then put him out there and pray he doesnt do anything else while there. Im glad he is gone.

hoggusamoungus

Da'Rick Rogers got booted at Tennessee, moved down I-40 to Tennessee Tech to avoid missing a year and made the Colts' roster last year.  DGB should follow that path.

jbcarol

The latest incident involved Green-Beckham in an incident where he forced open a door to see his girlfriend and allegedly pushed another women. No charges were filed.

DGB is one of the best receivers in college football, but can not leap to the NFL until after his junior season. Any team he goes to will have a risk of him bouncing after his year of sitting out.

The 6'6″, 225 lbs. receiver had 883 yards receiving and 12 touchdown catches last season for the Tigers. He was rated the best player in the 2012 class by Rivals.com.

He was recruited by Bobby Petrino while he was at Arkansas. Which have many people speculating he could wind up at Louisville. [Not the only reason people immediately thought Louisville...]

There is no doubt that DGB would be an amazing pickup, but is he worth the risk? That is the question any coach that is looking at him will have to ask.

http://kentuckysports.co/louisville-possibility-wr-dorial-green-beckham
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net