Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU coach for a day auction.

Started by jrulz83, April 08, 2014, 07:01:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

ricepig

BPsTheMan

would we get to stay in the head coaching parsonage?

ricepig

Quote from: BPsTheMan on April 08, 2014, 07:04:21 pm

They sold that, so no such luck.

jrulz83

Quote from: BPsTheMan on April 08, 2014, 07:04:21 pm

On your own for travel, lodging, and meals.

widespreadsooie

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on April 08, 2014, 07:08:14 pm
They sold that, so no such luck.

so the new coach will have to pay for his own internet while sending out resumes?

ricepig

Quote from: BPsTheMan on April 08, 2014, 07:45:39 pm
so the new coach will have to pay for his own internet while sending out resumes?

Probably just use the WiFi at MacDonald's

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hog1966

Quote0 bids.

hmm.

They may have to do an about face and pay someone to do it.

Seminole Indian

April 09, 2014, 05:59:53 pm #10 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:31:16 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Hog1966 on April 09, 2014, 02:08:36 pm
They may have to do an about face and pay someone to do it.
Probably not.

Will say they better be glad  they got the 3 million $ buyout in the new coaches contract, otherwise they would probably be looking at another one and done.

He, and Trooper Taylor, who I think played together at Baylor, are something else. Their whole staff seems to be high energy, although their OC, Bell, is more like Malzahn.

Malzahn and Freeze had ASU playing like 'gerbils on speed' but these guys have
managed to shift into an even higher gear, and they have the players for it.

Their little QB, Fredi Knighten, may not be big but he is dynamic. Kind of like a 'gerbil on speed' actually.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 09, 2014, 05:59:53 pm
Probably not.

Will say they better be glad  they got the 3 million $ buyout in the new coaches contract, otherwise they would probably be looking at another one and done.

He, and Trooper Taylor, who I think played together at Baylor, are something else. Their whole staff seems to be high energy, although their OC, Bell, is more like Malzahn.

Malzahn and Freeze had ASU playing like 'gerbils on speed' but these guys have
managed to shift into an even higher gear, and they have the players for it.

Their little QB, Fredi Knighten, may not be big but he is dynamic. Kind of like a 'gerbil on speed' actually.

Where's all those tejas team reports you said you were going to do? Seems like you're still stuck on the sam old team you claim not to be a fan of..........................................Funny how 99.9% of your posts are about them and how great they are.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

yraciv

Are they trying to set a record for most head coaches in 5 years? They've got to be close

jrulz83

$2500 and nobody has bid yet? I could care less about the Indians, ASU has been dead to me since they got rid of Runnin' Joe, but this is an interesting idea.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 10, 2014, 03:34:20 pm
Where's all those tejas team reports you said you were going to do? Seems like you're still stuck on the sam old team you claim not to be a fan of..........................................Funny how 99.9% of your posts are about them and how great they are.
Texas is my focus in recruiting, and I don't post much anywhere.

Not a fan of any school, but like ASU, and just know more about them.

Nothing against the Hawgs and if I found them interesting I would post something but for the most part they stopped being interesting about 20 years ago to me.

Do like this site it is a good source of information.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

ricepig

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2014, 05:43:46 pm
Sorry for your 1555 posts......
No problem with that, you are a good 'fan', and I know where you are coming from.

Arkansas is a good middle-of-the-pack SEC team (well maybe slightly below middle-of the-pack going forward), and they will need all the 'fans' like you they can muster going forward. They will still be rich.

ASUs prospects are a little different, they have a real chance of being one of the better G5 programs going forward (due in no small part to the fact they can now count on signing some in-state recruits that in the past would have been Razorbacks, but because the Razorbacks are having to upgrade their recruiting just to stay a middle-of-the-pack SEC team, are not). They will not be rich.

A school like Texas on the other hand will be both.

yraciv

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 10, 2014, 06:02:42 pm
No problem with that, you are a good 'fan', and I know where you are coming from.

Arkansas is a good middle-of-the-pack SEC team (well maybe slightly below middle-of the-pack going forward), and they will need all the 'fans' like you they can muster going forward. They will still be rich.

ASUs prospects are a little different, they have a real chance of being one of the better G5 programs going forward (due in no small part to the fact they can now count on signing some in-state recruits that in the past would have been Razorbacks, but because the Razorbacks are having to upgrade their recruiting just to stay a middle-of-the-pack SEC team, are not). They will not be rich.

A school like Texas on the other hand will be both.

Why does this clown still come around posting mindless ASU nonsense? I could have sworn you said your deal of being an Arkansas State fan was up, the posts would stop, and you were moving on to being a Texas fan on an OU board.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: yraciv on April 10, 2014, 07:00:29 pm
Why does this clown still come around posting mindless ASU nonsense? I could have sworn you said your deal of being an Arkansas State fan was up, the posts would stop, and you were moving on to being a Texas fan on an OU board.
Clearly said I was not a fan of any school. My recruiting 'interest' is Texas, and I did not pick them they picked me.

Like this site and have visited for a few years, and will post on a thread that is started and I may be able to contribute something. Might post something on General Sports that might be interesting to 'fans' of both schools (and there are more every year).

Would not hurt my feelings at all if the UorA returned to its glory days and became a fixture in the top 25 in football, but that is not going to happen for a lot of reasons. The primary one is they are a small school, in a small, poor state trying to play in the SEC. There is nothing their Administration can do to change that and they know it.

As far as ASU fans, enjoy the ride it is just beginning, and the best is yet to come.

Think they are over 10K on the ASU coaching job.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: yraciv on April 10, 2014, 04:06:07 pm
Are they trying to set a record for most head coaches in 5 years? They've got to be close
The winning bidder will be a better coach than John L. Smith and he RECEIVED a check.

Seminole Indian

$11,600

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=261446994108&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Jim Rome discussed it on his radio show so I guess there has been a surge in interest by aspiring coaches out there.

yraciv

Quote from: Kicking Wing on April 11, 2014, 12:42:14 pm
The winning bidder will be a better coach than John L. Smith and he RECEIVED a check.

Oh man you are hilarious! Don't be delusional.  What if his team beat's the assistant or GA whose coaching on the other sideline.  Will ya'll start calling for that guy's head?

josh_sec33

I'm surprised some of the football geniuses we have on here didn't pony up to show us all they knew how to coach...
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Kicking Wing

Quote from: yraciv on April 11, 2014, 02:36:44 pm
Oh man you are hilarious! Don't be delusional.  What if his team beat's the assistant or GA whose coaching on the other sideline.  Will ya'll start calling for that guy's head?
Yes, that is exactly what will happen.