Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why are the Hogs losing so much?

Started by Henry Hogsome, April 12, 2014, 03:14:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Hogsome

As a Hog fan I have to ask this question; Why are the Hogs losing so much. Well folks we have to face facts. First this is a weak hitting team. Not enough RBI'S, not enough runs being scored. In my humble opinion this is due to our players lack of getting key hits, and Coach Dave Van Horn's weak, bad recruiting effort. He does not have enough power hitters, and good hitters. Sad to see the Hogs lose so much. Now this is just my humble opinions, and just constructive criticism. Now our pitching has been really good both our starting, and relief pitching as well. I have to vent my frustration out after listening to the game today. Man being 6-8 in SEC play is no good, oh well wait till next year I guess. The Hogs can still make the NCAA, but they will have to play much better than today. This is all on CDVH lack of recruiting power hitters. Also 3 errors today.

Hogwop

I see you learned to not randomly CAPITALIZE WORDS in the middle of your sentences....
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogwop on April 12, 2014, 03:20:34 pm
I see you learned to not randomly CAPITALIZE WORDS in the middle of your sentences....

And a lot less number of periods.....but you can't take the country out of them.

ucahogfan

Why did you let people know how the game turned out in a veiled way?  You did something very similar last season by starting a thread shortly after every game with the final and it got you deleted.  I think the same thing should happen because people like reading the game thread without knowing the final score or the outcome of the game.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Hogwop

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2014, 03:22:16 pm
And a lot less number of periods.....but you can't take the country out of them.

A surprising dearth....OF QUESTION marks as well.....??
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

Henry Hogsome

Allright guys I get the message I guess. I will show class here, and not attack anyone. I am a Christian who loves the Hogs. I am old enough to remember back to the early sixties as a Hog fan. I will take constructive criticism if it is warranted. Look I am just frustrated with today's Hog baseball loss. Come on Hogs lets start playing, and Hitting better. They have got to start winning some series now. I will take, and listen to improve my posts. But please let us respect all other Hogvillian's post. Please no personal attacks on me, or anyone else.

Hogwop

For the record, MrCoolHog, I'm not attacking you, just busting your chops a little.
Pigga what?!

Knot2brite

I will defend the recruiting aspect. When the bats changed, DVH decided ( rightly so) that pitching was more important in the game. He went out ( sent Butler out...see I do give him some credit) and he brought some of the best pitching prospects that this school has ever seen. He also recruited several kids that decided to go pro rather than play college baseball. Several of those would have made a vast difference in our hitting and scoring. After they left he was forced to find the "diamonds in the rough" by which he had been fairly successful doing. The problem is that we have one I the top three pitching staffs and we haven't been as successful bringing in the hitting prowess. With the change in the ball next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start recruiting those players which can hit it with a little more pop and bring in fewer off speed pitchers
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Break & Run

Why are you back?  Have you ever read the rules?  I'm surprised they don't enforce the banned rules more often then not.  IT clearly states that if you were banned, YOU CANNOT COME BACK.  And here we are, with the same MrCoolHog55 threads...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Henry Hogsome

Hey ucahogfan I will try not to report the game on here. I did not realize others would look at threads. Sorry I forgot about it last year. The good thing about Hog sports is this. If the Hogs do good, or bad in 1 sport, then we as Hog fans have the next sport to look forward too. Like after this year's bad football record we had basketball to look forward too.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 12, 2014, 03:35:31 pm
I will defend the recruiting aspect. When the bats changed, DVH decided ( rightly so) that pitching was more important in the game. He went out ( sent Butler out...see I do give him some credit) and he brought some of the best pitching prospects that this school has ever seen. He also recruited several kids that decided to go pro rather than play college baseball. Several of those would have made a vast difference in our hitting and scoring. After they left he was forced to find the "diamonds in the rough" by which he had been fairly successful doing. The problem is that we have one I the top three pitching staffs and we haven't been as successful bringing in the hitting prowess. With the change in the ball next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start recruiting those players which can hit it with a little more pop and bring in fewer off speed pitchers
I think this 2014 class is a shift in the right direction from a hitting aspect depending on who all makes it to campus.  Pretty much all of the hitters we have signed are known to be excellent hitters and not great athletes who could develop into solid hitters.  Bonfield could be a .400 type hitter by his junior year should he make it to campus with his hitting approach.  Wiggins has some big time power and has hit at a high level for a long time.  McKinney could be a solid power hitter as well as a weekend starter should he turn down a 2nd-3rd round type pick and come to school.  I could go on and on, but this 2014 class is a step in the right direction in trying to fix the offense.

Offense seems to be way down across the board in college baseball right now especially in the SEC.  I think the big reason is the pitching has gotten so much better.  It seems like everyone in the SEC throws 90+ or is a crafty lefty who is tough to hit and the pitching is at an all-time high right now.

And our pitching getting better came at the same time where in-state pitching was at an all-time high IMO.  Sure, we have had a ton of great out-of-state pitchers the last couple of year, but the majority of this staff is from the state of Arkansas including our closer and all 3 weekend starters this season.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 12, 2014, 03:41:22 pm
Hey ucahogfan I will try not to report the game on here. I did not realize others would look at threads. Sorry I forgot about it last year. The good thing about Hog sports is this. If the Hogs do good, or bad in 1 sport, then we as Hog fans have the next sport to look forward too. Like after this year's bad football record we had basketball to look forward too.
But the thing is the reason why you got deleted was because of multiple offenses after being warned by Wilson to not do it and you are doing it again.  I already know the outcome of the game, but other posters could real frustrated when they see the outcome before reading the game thread.

And baseball is a sport where you can look forward too.  Every team loses multiple games unlike other sports and literally any team that makes the field could win a national title (well, except for the SWAC team).  And why all the moaning and groaning after two hard fought battles on the road against a top 10 LSU team?  It doesn't make sense.  Now, if we get swept, I can understand, but going on the road to Baton Rouge and winning a series is near impossible.  I don't remember the last time the Hogs won a series in Baton Rouge.

Henry Hogsome

This is not mrcoolhog. I am sorry that I posted early,and gave the final score before it ended. I am sorry about this rant thread. Just tired of losing baseball
. THIS IS NOT MRCOOLHOG.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 12, 2014, 04:02:28 pm
This is mrcoolhog. I am sorry that I posted early,and gave the final score before it ended. I am sorry about this rant thread. Just tired of losing baseball
. THIS IS MRCOOLHOG.

Fify

popcornhog

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 12, 2014, 03:14:03 pm
As a Hog fan I have to ask this question; Why are the Hogs losing so much. Well folks we have to face facts. First this is a weak hitting team. Not enough RBI'S, not enough runs being scored. In my humble opinion this is due to our players lack of getting key hits, and Coach Dave Van Horn's weak, bad recruiting effort. He does not have enough power hitters, and good hitters. Sad to see the Hogs lose so much. Now this is just my humble opinions, and just constructive criticism. Now our pitching has been really good both our starting, and relief pitching as well. I have to vent my frustration out after listening to the game today. Man being 6-8 in SEC play is no good, oh well wait till next year I guess. The Hogs can still make the NCAA, but they will have to play much better than today. This is all on CDVH lack of recruiting power hitters. Also 3 errors today.

Did you major in literature at UACC-M with Robert Shields and Mr. Cool Hog?
WPS

Henry Hogsome

Quote from: popcornhog on April 12, 2014, 04:08:20 pm
Did you major in literature at UACC-M with Robert Shields and Mr. Cool Hog?
For the last time I am not mrcoolhog. I am out of this stinkin cesspool.

popcornhog

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 12, 2014, 04:10:54 pm
For the last time I am not mrcoolhog. I am out of this stinkin cesspool.

That's why I asked if you studied literature with him.
WPS

Dr. Starcs

This lasted longer than I figured.
(In before "that's what she said")