Started by ricepig, April 12, 2014, 02:21:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv

it seems that at the time word around here was mitchell said
start me or i,m gone. does anybody know how it really ended
last spring with mitchell leaving?

ricepig

Quote from: lchog on April 13, 2014, 01:11:37 pm
No, him being gone is evidence that he didn't want to play WR.

This has nothing to to do with Duwop and my point actually has very little to do with BM. It is more about BB continuing to make decisions that simply do not make sense. BB gave up on BM for Derby and put us in a bad situation that an injury highlighted. It appears that he could be doing the same thing again this year.

He is moving our only experienced back-up and hoping that BA stays healthy until one of the kids can develop. If BA gets hurt early we will have to either play a youngster that is probably not ready or play an experienced back-up that has been practicing at a different position. Neither seems to be a good option.

We really need to enter the season with a fully prepared back-up QB. Last year I personally thought that should have been BM, this year I think it should be Derby. BB said that neither of the young guys are ready. I just hope that Murphy doesn't bite us again!

You mean, they don't make sense to you. He didn't tell BM he couldn't play QB, he told him he could get on the field at WR, BM said he wanted to play QB and transferred. You are probably the only one wanting Derby to be the backup QB, where have you been in all the threads about him?

Steef

Steef

So in a thread about yesterday's scrimmage, we have Brandon Mitchell in the conversation.

Again.

Because that horse isn't quite dead enough yet.

Seriously?

bennyl08

Quote from: steefhog on April 13, 2014, 02:06:30 pm
So in a thread about yesterday's scrimmage, we have Brandon Mitchell in the conversation.

Again.

Seriously?

You may want to take it easy on the dead horse comments given the Lake thread...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Steef

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 13, 2014, 02:21:11 pm
You may want to take it easy on the dead horse comments given the Lake thread...

LOL

I'm staying out of there.

Liked YOUR thread, though.

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 12, 2014, 09:05:09 pm
You're entitled to your opinion M.I., but don't act like it's better than ours.  You were often terribly wrong in your analysis and outlook of the basketball team this last year.  I still enjoy your coverage and what you have to say.

His opinion is certainly more informed than ours. He's been at practices, spoken to coaches and players, and has been covering college football for several decades.

There's a reason professionals are professionals, whether it's scientists, doctors, or journalists.

bennyl08

Quote from: steefhog on April 13, 2014, 02:33:51 pm
LOL

I'm staying out of there.

Liked YOUR thread, though.

Problem is I'll probably forget about it and make the same thread come fall time. It's always interesting to me to see the actual lost productions. Really brings to light how much backups contribute to a team. Generally, anything above 40% lost is worth noting.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

YankHog

Quote from: MorrellHog on April 12, 2014, 06:11:57 pm

I am not advocating BA, AA, or RP. I want to win. Period.
better.  ;)

" GO HOGS "

totally agree with this, just want to see the hogs win, obviously BA has a huge leg up on the rest of the team with his game experience, I would've just liked to have seen more improvement from the beginning of last season to the end of the season in his reads and just playmaking ability in general, we did come close a few of those last games but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades, not on the football field, curious to how long his leash will be if we start out struggling...

GuvHog

Quote from: steefhog on April 13, 2014, 02:06:30 pm

Again.

Seriously?

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good Grief! It's past time to move on.   ::)
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

sportster365

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 12, 2014, 03:33:51 pm
For those that care:

B Allen 17/25, 157 YDS, 5 TDs 2 INTs
A Allen 5/10, 39 YDS, 1 TD O INT's
R Peavey 4/6 49 YDS, 0 TDs, 1 INT

This is actually not all that bad overall despite the 2ints. 68% comp. - 9 yds per catch is on par. Certainly not what some have come accustomed to under Petrino as far as ypc goes, but it's definitely not bad.

Just from observing the above numbers, the receiving stats and reading scrimmage results it appears the longest pass of the day was a 20yd td pass (aside from Peavey 28 yarder to Mitchell), everything else was pretty much dink and donk.

This dink and donk, 25 passing attempts per game is all Bielema in my opinion. Chaney's been known to run more of a pass happy offense. I'm not sure how much better or worse our passing game would be if he had full range to incorporate his offense. Or per say BA production in Chaney's system which is more inline with what he was recruited to play under Petrino.

An average of 150 yds a game means that we'll need to avg. well over 250 on the ground according to some of the stats that were posted on here concerning winning SEC teams avg a total of 400 or more yds per game.

The only realistic way I see our team winning games throwing just over 150 yds a game would be to have a dual threat QB in some ways like Auburn. Last year we avg 149 yds a game and well we all know how that turned out.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: sportster365 on April 14, 2014, 04:45:33 pm
This is actually not all that bad overall despite the 2ints. 68% comp. - 9 yds per catch is on par. Certainly not what some have come accustomed to under Petrino as far as ypc goes, but it's definitely not bad.

Just from observing the above numbers, the receiving stats and reading scrimmage results it appears the longest pass of the day was a 20yd td pass (aside from Peavey 28 yarder to Mitchell), everything else was pretty much dink and donk.

This dink and donk, 25 passing attempts per game is all Bielema in my opinion. Chaney's been known to run more of a pass happy offense. I'm not sure how much better or worse our passing game would be if he had full range to incorporate his offense. Or per say BA production in Chaney's system which is more inline with what he was recruited to play under Petrino.

An average of 150 yds a game means that we'll need to avg. well over 250 on the ground according to some of the stats that were posted on here concerning winning SEC teams avg a total of 400 or more yds per game.

The only realistic way I see our team winning games throwing just over 150 yds a game would be to have a dual threat QB in some ways like Auburn. Last year we avg 149 yds a game and well we all know how that turned out.

I think they have been working on red zone, so this may be the reason.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Golfer

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 12, 2014, 05:45:50 pm
I disagree. the idea that B. Allen is our only chance of winning is bull in my opinion. and if that is true. then we are in worst shape than i thought.

How many practices have you witnessed?  The same number as me, NONE.  So what are you basing on how prepared  the backup QB is to the point that he is a winning QB and B. Allen is not?

Golfer

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 12, 2014, 05:54:31 pm
Good post. i see very little wrong with your post. but here is the problem. what if B. Allen is not much better than last year and we keep losing. then what? i say move on. do you say even if we are heading to 4 and 8, we should just ride it out again?

And WHAT IF that is the case, and we put Peavey in and he doesn't get the job done, or gets hurt? 

Steef

When Bret first stepped foot on our campus, the QB situation for 13/14 was pretty much already set.

No one from the staff was ever gonna SAY that, but it's true.

I hope BA sets the world on fire. But in a five year (or even 4) rebuilding plan, Rafe and/or Ty. ..we were always gonna have to wait 2 years.

We're still rebuilding, guys. 2014 is not a "We're there now" year.

sportster365

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 05:42:16 pm
I think they have been working on red zone, so this may be the reason.

That just may be, but practice is for situationals, scrimmages are to simulate games. I just think its somewhat underwhelming and thats w/o comparing the 3 and 400 yd scrimmage numbers we were used to seeing tw and rm get. Not to say ba can't because I honestly think he can. Give him 20 more attempts and he throws for 300. But in the same vein does he throw 2 more picks? BA throws for 300 and fan perception changes. And there no better way to help a gunshy qb than to let go of the reigns and let him sling it 35 - 50 times in practices and scrimmages. To throw himself out of the slump and rebuild his confidence in his ability. U don't harness it and hold him back when he's already shaky and questioning himself.

LZH

Quote from: steefhog on April 14, 2014, 06:19:31 pm
When Bret first stepped foot on our campus, the QB situation for 13/14 was pretty much already set.

No one from the staff was ever gonna SAY that, but it's true.

This.  I said in another thread that I don't mind criticizing BB for a lot of things....but this ain't one of them.

And why this B. Mitchell thing has hung around so long is a mystery to me, too.  If he was the best QB we had, then he'd have been the starter.  Apparently, he didn't exactly light it up at NC State, so why do some guys still think he would have done any better against SEC defenses?

Oklahawg

Quote from: sportster365 on April 14, 2014, 10:03:13 pm
That just may be, but practice is for situationals, scrimmages are to simulate games. I just think its somewhat underwhelming and thats w/o comparing the 3 and 400 yd scrimmage numbers we were used to seeing tw and rm get. Not to say ba can't because I honestly think he can. Give him 20 more attempts and he throws for 300. But in the same vein does he throw 2 more picks? BA throws for 300 and fan perception changes. And there no better way to help a gunshy qb than to let go of the reigns and let him sling it 35 - 50 times in practices and scrimmages. To throw himself out of the slump and rebuild his confidence in his ability. U don't harness it and hold him back when he's already shaky and questioning himself.

No, it was mostly red zone. His numbers were very good, especially when we add to it the obvious and observed fact he is being thrown everything and the kitchen sink to get him and the OL ready for 2014.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 14, 2014, 10:26:07 pm
This.  I said in another thread that I don't mind criticizing BB for a lot of things....but this ain't one of them.

And why this B. Mitchell thing has hung around so long is a mystery to me, too.  If he was the best QB we had, then he'd have been the starter.  Apparently, he didn't exactly light it up at NC State, so why do some guys still think he would have done any better against SEC defenses?

Agreed. To conclude anything else about BM is to engage a massive conspiracy theory.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig In The City

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 14, 2014, 10:26:07 pm

It hangs around because Hogville likes living in the past.  The Petrino situation has been talked to death to the millionth degree.  You can still find derailed threads re-hashing the same tired arguments over and over and over.  So now I guess it is BM. 

When one is unhappy, it is easy to criticize from the Lazy-Boy.  Whatever happened to just being a fan?  Folks should take their foot of the gas and coast a bit.  These posts are not fun to read anymore and at one time, this board was fun to read. 

I come on here to see the interviews with coaches and players.  I like to hear what the coaches have to say.  Weird, I know.

Sivad

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 13, 2014, 12:09:54 am
Jones would drive Nutt crazy. Nutt would send a play into the huddle. Jones would stand there for a few seconds and then say, "No. That'll never work." Then he would call his own play.
+100 to Matt.

Mike Irwin

Some fans want simple explanations for complicated issues. The easiest way to explain 3-9 is to bash Brandon Allen. That way you don't have to list the dozen or so other reasons why this team didn't win an SEC game.

Virtually anybody whose ever played quarterback knows that bad season is going to be blamed on them.

They'll also tell you that they can rarely succeed without big time help from the offensive line, receivers and the running game.

Matt Jones could pull stuff out of thin air.

I can't think of any other Hog QB who could do that.

Some people throw the term "deer in the headlights" around like Brandon Allen invented it.

Any quarterback can have that look if everything around them is going to hell. How'd Peyton Manning look in the Super Bowl?

If Peyton Manning can look clueless any QB can.

Brandon Allen needs help. A crapload of it. Here is a quote from him earlier this spring.

"It makes a big difference when you can trust your receivers to be where they're supposed to be and trust them to catch the ball when it comes to them. Your confidence grows when that happens."

kodiakisland

One thing that concerns me is I've already read of several great catches where the ball was thrown behind the receiver by BA.  That was part of the problem last year.  Yeah, I get it.  He was hurt.  He's not now.  I hope his accuracy is improving.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Gettin Hogwild

I am not convinced BA is the answer. He painfully proved that last year. Although to his credit the receiving corps wasn't great. Is there anything that gives you confidence now or is he just the only answer? What about rafe?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 14, 2014, 10:43:45 pm
No, it was mostly red zone. His numbers were very good, especially when we add to it the obvious and observed fact he is being thrown everything and the kitchen sink to get him and the OL ready for 2014.

So it's ok to throw picks if it's in the redzone and the defense is throwing everything they have?

Can't wait to cuss everybody out of the room this year lol.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: kodiakisland on April 14, 2014, 11:28:29 pm
One thing that concerns me is I've already read of several great catches where the ball was thrown behind the receiver by BA.  That was part of the problem last year.  Yeah, I get it.  He was hurt.  He's not now.  I hope his accuracy is improving.
He's certainly not on target with every pass. But guess what? Last year those off target passes were not being caught. That's been my point all along. So far he's been getting much better support from his receivers and that's huge.

I would much rather see a bad pass caught by a great receiver than a great pass dropped by a bad receiver.

kodiakisland

I would too.  Great receivers make everyone look better.  I just hope the timing is a bit better this year so those receivers don't have to be great.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 11:18:55 pm
Some fans want simple explanations for complicated issues. The easiest way to explain 3-9 is to bash Brandon Allen. That way you don't have to list the dozen or so other reasons why this team didn't win an SEC game.

Virtually anybody whose ever played quarterback knows that bad season is going to be blamed on them.

They'll also tell you that they can rarely succeed without big time help from the offensive line, receivers and the running game.

Matt Jones could pull stuff out of thin air.

I can't think of any other Hog QB who could do that.

Some people throw the term "deer in the headlights" around like Brandon Allen invented it.

Any quarterback can have that look if everything around them is going to hell. How'd Peyton Manning look in the Super Bowl?

If Peyton Manning can look clueless any QB can.

Brandon Allen needs help. A crapload of it. Here is a quote from him earlier this spring.

"It makes a big difference when you can trust your receivers to be where they're supposed to be and trust them to catch the ball when it comes to them. Your confidence grows when that happens."

Yes, the excuses are too complicated for some people to want to accept.

This brings me to something that has kind of been bothering me.  The QB needs to accept responsibility and I'm sure there were many times that receiver was where he needed to be but the pass was errant. 

As a qb, go ahead and chew your receiver out in a game or practice, but not interviews. 

Mike Irwin

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 14, 2014, 11:41:05 pm
Yes, the excuses are too complicated for some people to want to accept.

This brings me to something that has kind of been bothering me.  The QB needs to accept responsibility and I'm sure there were many times that receiver was where he needed to be but the pass was errant. 

As a qb, go ahead and chew your receiver out in a game or practice, but not interviews.
You read that quote with an agenda and jumped to the conclusion you were looking for.

He wasn't chewing anybody out. He was explaining why he has looked more confident this season. I've heard Clint Stoerner and many other quarterbacks say a version of that same thing.

If you paid the slightest bit of attention to actual quotes from Brandon Allen you would know that he's about as far from being an excuse maker as you can get.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 11:51:44 pm
You read that quote with an agenda and jumped to the conclusion you were looking for.

He wasn't chewing anybody out. He was explaining why he has looked more confident this season. I've heard Clint Stoerner and many other quarterbacks say a version of that same thing.

If you paid the slightest bit of attention to actual quotes from Brandon Allen you would know that he's about as far from being an excuse maker as you can get.

This thread gets dumber by the minute.

Miscommunication.  I meant, go ahead and chew your receivers out in practice or the game.   However, to the media, go ahead and accept full responsibility. 

Because let me translate this:

Translates to: last year my receivers didn't know where they were supposed to be and that is why the mistakes were made. 

He should've accepted full or partial responsibility, he didn't, it's a SMALL mistake.  Maybe it won't be made again.

Mike Irwin

I don't recall a single time last season where Brandon Allen criticized his receivers. His coaches did. All the time.

But last year is last year.

When he gets asked why he is looking more confident this spring and he gives an honest answer how can that be viewed as excuse making?  Actually he was complimenting the receivers by publicly revealing just how important they are and how much more confident he is because of them.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 15, 2014, 12:05:44 am
I don't recall a single time last season where Brandon Allen criticized his receivers. His coaches did. All the time.

But last year is last year.

When he gets asked why he is looking more confident this spring and he gives an honest answer how can that be viewed as excuse making?  Actually he was complimenting the receivers by publicly revealing just how important they are and how much more confident he is because of them.

Why is he waiting this long to blaim his receivers for last year anyways?  Because your right, he never did blaim his receivers last year.

It may be honest answer, but how can you argue that it's the right thing to do? 

Along with needing to take responsibility, how do you think the receivers are going to react if they see that?  I bet they're like ahhhhh nooooo.  I was wide open and you threw it 4 feet over my head!! 

We have a fundamental disagreement if you think that was a compliment, and I'll stop arguing my point because neither one of us is going to sway each other if we interpret that quote at extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 15, 2014, 12:16:07 am
Why is he waiting this long to blaim his receivers for last year anyways?  Because your right, he never did blaim his receivers last year.

It may be honest answer, but how can you argue that it's the right thing to do? 

Along with needing to take responsibility, how do you think the receivers are going to react if they see that?  I bet they're like ahhhhh nooooo.  I was wide open and you threw it 4 feet over my head!!
I don't even know how to respond to what you are suggesting.

He's not blaming last year's receivers. He's complimenting this years receivers. The ones coming back already know they stunk it up last year.

You're making some assumptions that have no basis in reality. There's not a receiver on this team that is mad at Brandon Allen. They are all concentrating on getting their own jobs done.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 13, 2014, 12:09:54 am

Nutt spent four years trying to find a better QB than Matt Jones. He kept trying. They kept failing.

Ryan Sorahan? Really?

I have a friend who played on those teams. He said Jones would drive Nutt crazy. Nutt would send a play into the huddle. Jones would stand there for a few seconds and then say, "No. That'll never work." Then he would call his own play.

Lol....now that's funny....& heard the same story.  Matt Jones:  Better QB.....& play caller than Hootie.  Bet that did make Hootie hot.....but Jones just kept making plays out of nothing.  Hootie would get hot at Matt for changing plays, but would sure take the credit  when they were successful.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on April 15, 2014, 01:00:57 am
Lol....now that's funny....& heard the same story.  Matt Jones:  Better QB.....& play caller than Hootie.  Bet that did make Hootie hot.....but Jones just kept making plays out of nothing.  Hootie would get hot at Matt for changing plays, but would sure take the credit  when they were successful.....

There are many quotes by Stoerner indicating he changed the play frequently too.  Not to mention, on the "and I called that play" quote by Nutt, the QB actually said he checked out of the called play on that particular play.  :)

MuskogeeHogFan

I'm pretty sure that if they felt that his confidence were lacking in passing the football, they would address that. You are speculating that his confidence isn't already "re-built".
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Your comments triggered a sore spot with me on now CBP never gave a crap about defense. One of the reasons, beyond more attempts, you saw more yards in practice under CBP was the defense was never allowed to play defense. They were never allowed to throw the kitchen sink at the offense. It was a choreographed Kabuki dance.

From what is being reported now the defense is purposely trying to confuse BA. This can also help his confidence as he succeeds against a DC calling plays intended to confuse BA.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 14, 2014, 10:43:45 pm

You beat me to the issue people overlook about how the defense is practicing as well.

ChitownHawg

Kevin

I don't think taking a wait, and prove it in a game approach is bashing him.

Whether it was the injury or not, he did not show very good pocket awareness

If, he steps up in the pocket, and makes plays,  that will show big time improvement

It is just a different mentality when you know you cannot be hit
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 14, 2014, 11:36:58 pm
So it's ok to throw picks if it's in the redzone and the defense is throwing everything they have?

Can't wait to cuss everybody out of the room this year lol.

Show me the quote of someone saying the picks were ok? Also coaches will tell you it can sometimes be easier to teach when things go wrong, like an INT, than go right. Better to have those learning experiences in the Spring than October.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 11:51:44 pm

Mike very true. The BA complainers have used BA's unwillingness to use the injury as evidence the injury was not part of the issue. Now BA gives another reason and the BA complainers want to complain he doesn't take responsibility.

Which is proof they just want to complain. Rafe and AA better get prepared because these guys will come after them when they are the starters. Just have to have something to complain about.

I actually would be embarrassed to make some of the lame complaints they do. But they seem to enjoy it!  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Kevin on April 15, 2014, 05:52:12 am
I don't think taking a wait, and prove it in a game approach is bashing him.

Whether it was the injury or not, he did not show very good pocket awareness

If, he steps up in the pocket, and makes plays,  that will show big time improvement

It is just a different mentality when you know you cannot be hit

And many times it has been said the "wait and see" is a legitimate arguments. It is the adjectives used in the sentences that make it bashing. Your comments here I have no problem with. The awareness can be an experience issue which you won't know until game time - just as you are saying.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Gettin Hogwild on April 14, 2014, 11:34:56 pm
I am not convinced BA is the answer. He courageously painfully played through an injury proved that last year. Although to his credit the receiving corps wasn't great good. Is there anything that gives you confidence now other than he's a year older, has spent another year in the system, is healthy, and has more talent around him or is he just the only answer? What about rafe?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

I don't understand the Brandon Allen hate. The kid played with an injury to his throwing shoulder! !!!

Any other fan base would be calling him gritty,  courageous,  tough,  etc. Not ours. No. We hate the kid. I know it's not all of us, but it's enough to, once again, make our fan base look like idiots.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ChitownHawg

Kevin

I think what hurts BA on this board, is the over the top positive reporting going on this spring

I just think it is different, especially for qb's, because they know they cannot get hit.

Every qb should have a great spring.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Kevin on April 15, 2014, 06:14:29 am
I think what hurts BA on this board, is the over the top positive reporting going on this spring

I just think it is different, especially for qb's, because they know they cannot get hit.

Nope over the top reporting cannot justify bashing a player. Also the bashers are getting caught contradicting themselves which doesn't agree with your theory of "to positive reporting".

And if they are actually seeing positive results on the field then what do you want them to do? Lie and say they suck?

Chief Mac

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on April 15, 2014, 06:10:33 am
I don't understand the Brandon Allen hate. The kid played with an injury to his throwing shoulder! !!!

Any other fan base would be calling him gritty,  courageous,  tough,  etc. Not ours. No. We hate the kid. I know it's not all of us, but it's enough to, once again, make our fan base look like idiots.

you can pretty much see that most that are bashing Allen are also part of the Bielema hate group as well.  Basically, just another way to bash Bielema but this route is at the expense of a player
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Steef

Quote from: Kevin on April 15, 2014, 06:14:29 am

I disagree with your assessment of the reporting. "Over the top" might be "he's gonna light up the SEC this year"...etc.

All that's being said really, is that he's healthy, showing improvement and is the clear #1.

Now "clear #1" might be hyperbole is we had a bench full of experienced 5 stars, like Pete Carroll had at USC. But we have a RS freshman and a true freshman.

As you said, every QB ought to have a good spring (though some dont). Sounds like BA is. Good for him and us.

But "good spring" is the gist of the reporting.