Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How a Safety is supposed to play the run...Atwater vs. Okoye

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, April 12, 2014, 09:05:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rude1

I remember this play well. Atwater  tackled Okoye earlier in the game with a simple hit and helped him up. At water teammates asked why you helping him up? Atwater screamed don't worry about it, it's a mind thing, it was like he knew the big hit was coming, and sure enough on that play he lit Okoye up like you had never seen him lit up before.

MissippHog

What many don't realize is The Nigerian Nightmare was on a rampage through the NFL those days.  That hit sent shockwaves and a message to the rest of the NFL that you do not come into to Atwater's area and not pay for it.

We've had some very hard hitting safeties for sure.  Surprised no one has mentioned Hamlin yet.  I guarantee you Donte Stallworth hasn't forgotten him  :)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MissippHog on April 14, 2014, 06:29:51 pm
What many don't realize is The Nigerian Nightmare was on a rampage through the NFL those days.  That hit sent shockwaves and a message to the rest of the NFL that you do not come into to Atwater's area and not pay for it.

We've had some very hard hitting safeties for sure.  Surprised no one has mentioned Hamlin yet.  I guarantee you Donte Stallworth hasn't forgotten him  :)

Gimmineeeeee, great lick he put on Stallworth! Ouch!
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.