Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Derby day at Oaklawn Park in my hometown

Started by Lanny, April 12, 2014, 08:53:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ifghog

My hometown too buddy. I will be there! Going to be an awesome day for it!

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SpaCityHawg

k.c.hawg

Man I miss me some Oaklawn. My family has had a second home in Hot Springs from the early 70's because my mom and dad did about 80% of the Oaklawn calender. They had a lot of friends that were owners and I learned the love of racing when I was an early teenager....finally started getting to go at 16 and have loved horse racing every since. Thank goodness the legislature did what was necessary to save horse racing in Arkansas. It is very sad to see what has happened to horse racing in all the areas that didn't value it as much. All my family has migrated to Hot Springs now and I'm the only missing link!! Man I miss the Racing Festival of the South. Use to spend the whole week there enjoying some of the best racing on earth!! Good luck to all you Derby goers!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ifghog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 12, 2014, 10:22:53 am
Man I miss me some Oaklawn. My family has had a second home in Hot Springs from the early 70's because my mom and dad did about 80% of the Oaklawn calender. They had a lot of friends that were owners and I learned the love of racing when I was an early teenager....finally started getting to go at 16 and have loved horse racing every since. Thank goodness the legislature did what was necessary to save horse racing in Arkansas. It is very sad to see what has happened to horse racing in all the areas that didn't value it as much. All my family has migrated to Hot Springs now and I'm the only missing link!! Man I miss the Racing Festival of the South. Use to spend the whole week there enjoying some of the best racing on earth!! Good luck to all you Derby goers!!
Hot Springs is a great town to live in and raise a family. It gets a bad rap at times but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.