Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice writeup about ASU on Foxsports

Started by Seminole Indian, April 11, 2014, 06:27:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

April 11, 2014, 06:27:51 pm Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:42:18 pm by Seminole Indian
Does not ignore the reality of what the program has been during most of its time as an FBS school ,but does not ignore the fact that the perception of who Arkansas State is has changed.

"Pinpointing the precise moment Arkansas State shed its skin of mediocrity and broke through to a level of respectable prominence outside its Sun Belt confines is a purely subjective exercise, but anchoring it to Gus Malzahn seems appropriate."

I'm not sure when the precise moment was, just that it happened, and that is all that matters.

"The good thing is Arkansas State has put itself in position to get another Gus, because it's become a place coaches want to go. It's become something of a good career move with a chance to be more"

"If Anderson has a lot of success and Arkansas State has to do this all again in a year or two, then it'll do it all again and keep on. All it will mean is the Red Wolves are again quite good and another step closer to finding the guy who sticks around awhile to wreak hell on the BCS."

Will not shock me at all for ASU to grow into what it says it wants to be  and that is the  best G5 program. The National media has already taken notice and that will be even more evident going forward.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/spring-ball-arkansas-state-s-fight-to-be-more-than-bcs-feeding-ground-030414
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

But, you don't care, remember? Why don't you post this on Burialgrounds?

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2014, 07:12:14 pm
But, you don't care, remember? Why don't you post this on Burialgrounds?
Don't have to they are pretty much up on all things ASU.

While I realize that, like every other aspect of life in America today, the fringe element of both fan bases would prefer to 'filter' any information that is contrary to their narrow view, I find most people to be rather open minded. 

In Arkansas I find the vast majority of the fans of either schools wish the other school well, something the haters cannot tolerate.

I do find ASU's fan base a little negative, considering the fact they have positioned their football program to have a good chance to win the SBC Championship every year for the foreseeable future.

I find the Razorback fan base to be somewhat  unrealistic when it comes to recognizing how their program stacks to the top programs in the SEC.

I still prefer for fans to be unrealistically optimistic, verse pessimistic, but don't like the fact they get a little grumpy when reality rears it's ugly head.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2014, 04:00:53 pm
Ok, post it on Orangebloods then.
Have never even visited a Texas message board, and all I need to know about recruits is provided.

If you want to know something about the Razorbacks you have to visit these sites, or have access to the Arkansas media. The National media simply does not cover middle-of-the-pack P5 programs even those in the SEC.

I enjoy keeping up with the Hawgs.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 12, 2014, 04:24:10 pm
Have never even visited a Texas message board, and all I need to know about recruits is provided.

If you want to know something about the Razorbacks you have to visit these sites, or have access to the Arkansas media. The National media simply does not cover middle-of-the-pack P5 programs even those in the SEC.

I enjoy keeping up with the Hawgs.

Yeah, sure, isn't it about time for another backhanded compliment? You're a tool and a troll.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2014, 04:28:16 pm
Yeah, sure, isn't it about time for another backhanded compliment? You're a tool and a troll.

And those were complimentary for him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 12, 2014, 05:54:19 pm
And those were complimentary for him.
As long as I'm not called a 'fan', of any school, I'm good.

The only member of my family that played college football played for the Razorbacks, and was pretty good, and I have known many college coaches (including some Razorback coaches), and they think less of fans than I do. Far less.

You guys are good fans.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 12, 2014, 07:48:21 pm

The only member of my family that played college football played for the Razorbacks, and was pretty good, and I have known many college coaches (including some Razorback coaches), and they think less of fans than I do. Far less.

You guys are good fans.

Fan.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkRinds

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 12, 2014, 07:48:21 pm

You guys are good fans.

This identity you've created is pretty entertaining.  Obviously fake, but entertaining.