Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley Jr. - So who wins the fight?

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 11, 2014, 04:28:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Dillar Dog

Quote from: majestic on April 11, 2014, 06:00:11 pm
Until either beats/fights Mayweather....... who cares?

Yep.  They should cancel the fight.

Go ahead and cancel every other fight too.

Roctavious

yraciv

Quote from: Roctavious on April 13, 2014, 12:33:23 am
FIFY

That's pretty spot on.  I think Mayweather is the best, but certainly think his party is what has held off the Pac fight.

JayBell

Quote from: yraciv on April 13, 2014, 12:39:58 amThat's pretty spot on.  I think Mayweather is the best, but certainly think his party is what has held off the Pac fight.

Had to.  As much money as the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight would have made, Manny and Top Rank actually stood to make more on their own by getting fighters from within their own ranks, which is what they did with Marquez and Bradley.  Other matches for Mayweather were not as financially advantageous to him as other matches were for Pacquiao.  And we all know money is the No. 1 factor for Mayweather and his camp.

JayBell

I thought Bradley was much better this fight and he was actually fighting a bias against him based on the result of the first fight.  I saw a lot of folks making a lot out of Pacquiao's flurries in the early rounds despite many of his punches landing on Bradley's arms, gloves and shoulders.  I think Bradley deserves to be fighting the best of fighters below the likes of Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Unfortunately, Dan Rafael for ESPN is reporting that the winner of the May 17 fight between Marquez and Mike Alvarado will be the mandatory challenger for Pacquiao.  I was really, really hoping that this win would make the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight finally happen.

I think Mayweather wants the fight.  He wants the money, he's tired of the questions and he probably saw a version of Manny Pacquiao that cannot beat him.  He doesn't have the power he did 5-6 years ago.  There's no way I'd rather see Pacquiao fight Marquez for a FIFTH time instead of seeing him fight Mayweather in a fight people have literally been waiting to see for more than five years.  They can push the Marquez fight to next spring if they have to.

WILL CLINTON

last I heard, Pac wasn't down with the type of drug testing Mayweather was wanting. I'm trying to find the article, but something about Pac didn't want blood testing so close to the fight or something crazy.

Edit: reading where the drug testing was opposed by Pac the first time the fight was brought up, and the 2nd time Pac wouldn't settle for $40 million because he thought they should split everything down the middle.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.