Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What was Dave Wanndstedt doing at practice?

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, April 11, 2014, 01:49:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: opineonswine on April 12, 2014, 03:39:06 pm
Uh oh. The Petrino Defenders ain't gonna like that.

Uh, Petrino has been gone for 2 years.  Are you seriously saying the last 2 years weren't a dumpster file?

twistitup

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 12, 2014, 07:39:23 pm
Uh, Petrino has been gone for 2 years.  Are you seriously saying the last 2 years weren't a dumpster file?

The Dumpster Files

A peek into the last 2 years
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Sivad

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 12, 2014, 03:03:48 pm
Essentially he's an unpaid member of the coaching staff for the next several days. He sits in on meetings and observes practice. The only thing he doesn't do is coach the players.

Bielema said he brought him in to get a fresh perspective on the defense. He said he prepared a list of questions in advance and after watching the rest of the spring he wants Wannstedt to answer those questions. 
Seems like a real positive to me.

Fatty McGee

Maybe he's just there to show the Arkansas coaches how a man grows a bitchin' mustache.  Hopefully he showed up in a Camaro, with the T-tops OPEN. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 12, 2014, 07:21:22 am
He was awful.   ...at every level. He needs to stay away. Far far away.

Apparently he is good enough to land a job at the highest level of his chosen profession.  I'm fairly sure that is a hell of a lot more than you have done or ever will do.  Think about that, if you are capable, before you post something totally ignorant again.   

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: CattleCorn on April 12, 2014, 04:50:45 am
I asked Dave if this rumor was true, and he responded, "Who is Robert Shields?"

I can't believe Shields hasn't already come out with a line of T-Shirts with this on them...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on April 12, 2014, 09:31:39 pm
The Dumpster Files

A peek into the last 2 years

LOL.. +1

Call the File dept..! They need to pull out the names..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LZH

So he sat in on meetings, watched practices, and did zero coaching.....sounds just like what Ash did last year.

grayhawg

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 13, 2014, 08:44:06 pm
So he sat in on meetings, watched practices, and did zero coaching.....sounds just like what Ash did last year.
+1

EastexHawg

Quote from: hoglady on April 12, 2014, 06:50:17 am
That basically 2 years of a dumpster fire are hard to recover from.

I see he read and was able to quickly regurgitate the talking points memo.

Two years?  That 2012 "dumpster fire" that featured Tyler Wilson, Knile Davis, Dennis Johnson, Jonathan Williams, Cobi Hamilton, Chris Gragg, Alvin Bailey, Travis Swanson, Chris Smith, Trey Flowers, and Robert Thomas...among others...would have stomped the shirt out of any squad Wannstedt ever put on the field at Pitt if they had had a coach.

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 14, 2014, 09:11:00 am

Two years?  That 2012 "dumpster fire" that featured Tyler Wilson, Knile Davis, Dennis Johnson, Jonathan Williams, Cobi Hamilton, Chris Gragg, Alvin Bailey, Travis Swanson, Chris Smith, Trey Flowers, and Robert Thomas...among others...would have stomped the shirt out of any squad Wannstedt ever put on the field at Pitt if they had had a coach.

4-8 is a dumpster fire, no matter who you blame it on.

ChitownHawg

Not with JLS coaching.   ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jgphillips3

I think Frank Broyles recommended that we hire him as a "consultant" just in case there is a Citadel moment in 2014. ;)

hoglady

I was repeating what he said on Bo's show.
And he did use the words "2 year dumpster fire".
I don't think he was referring to individual players just the turmoil the program's been under the last 2 years - and the lousy win/loss record.
At least that's the way I took it when he said it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality