Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 35 Thread: #24 Arkansas (21-13, 6-6 SEC) vs. #8 LSU (25-8-1, 6-5-1 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 11, 2014, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Stevenson grounds out 6-3 as Fisher makes a nice dig on a low throw by Bernal.

PoconoHog

Wow....Bernal got lucky there...Fisher saved another error on a bad throw
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Blutoblutarsky

ucahogfan

Ibarra grounds to Bernal who boots a routine ground ball.  Time for McAfee to get his back healthy.  E6.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    0   0                                        0   0   2
LSU            2   0                                        2   1   0

LOB
Arkansas - 1
LSU - 0

Up for the Hogs
Wise
Bernal
Spoon

jry04

Quote from: TikiHog on April 11, 2014, 07:40:12 pm
I cant imagine being a Fan of any sport and turning the game off because of a umpire
Good for you. When there are 6+ awful calls in one inning, it is pretty obvious how the game will go.

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on April 11, 2014, 07:44:15 pm
Bernal cost us 2 runs
Maybe, depending on how we pitched Bregman with a runner on 2nd with 1 out instead of 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs.

TikiHog

Quote from: jry04 on April 11, 2014, 07:48:31 pm
Good for you. When there are 6+ awful calls in one inning, it is pretty obvious how the game will go.

so if you were at Baum and didn't like the plate umpire in the 1st you would get up and leave

jry04

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 07:48:52 pm
Maybe, depending on how we pitched Bregman with a runner on 2nd with 1 out instead of 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs.
Or if the ump calls balls and strikes the way they are supposed to be called they don't have a runner on to do a hit and run and may have never got the 2nd runner on either.

ucahogfan

Wise runs the count full (strike 2 was 6 inches off the plate), and he lines out to the RF.

TikiHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 07:46:28 pm
Ibarra grounds to Bernal who boots a routine ground ball.  Time for McAfee to get his back healthy.  E6.

DVH said at the Swatters Club that McAfee would be rested the next 2 weeks and see how he is...he also said the doctors cant figure out whats wrong

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    0   0   0                                   0   0   2
LSU            2   0                                        2   1   0

LOB
Arkansas - 1
LSU - 0

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: TikiHog on April 11, 2014, 07:50:27 pm
so if you were at Baum and didn't like the plate umpire in the 1st you would get up and leave

No one is saying this. If the game is on TV I might turn it off. I'm not leaving the actual game if I am there.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Razorback_Mack

jry04

Terrible comparison. The game is not at Baum. I am still following, but without the added frustration of seeing terrible calls made. If I take the time to go to the game of course I am staying.

Let's not get into a pissing match on here. I have two degrees from the U of A, and have spent more time in the athletic department than most on this board.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on April 11, 2014, 07:50:54 pm
Or if the ump calls balls and strikes the way they are supposed to be called they don't have a runner on to do a hit and run and may have never got the 2nd runner on either.
True, or we get runners on the top of the 1st for Anderson and take an early lead.  The strike zone in the 1st is playing a huge part in this game right now, but we have to come back and overcome it.

Blutoblutarsky

Looking like a school record night for Nola. Prob flirt with 15-18Ks

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 07:54:25 pm
Spoon swings through a very hittable fastball.
Not according to announcers.  They are almost enough to make me switch from cox cable to AT&T....

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on April 11, 2014, 07:51:35 pm
DVH said at the Swatters Club that McAfee would be rested the next 2 weeks and see how he is...he also said the doctors cant figure out whats wrong
I know that and those 2 weeks can't past fast enough.  Heck, move Anderson over to SS or put Wernes there and put Eagan at 3B.  Just get Bernal out.

TikiHog

I guess since I'm a oldtimer the Umps don't bother me...back in the day in the SWC umpires didn't travel so for example when you went to Austin it was the same crew Christol, Henderson and Bible...total home cooking

ucahogfan

McMullen hits one just over the RCF wall.  Killian hung a breaking ball and McMullen made him pay.  It just snuck over the wall.

4-0 LSU.

Blutoblutarsky

Otis

He ruined every game thread during basketball season bitching and moaning about the refs too. Now he's going to complain about the umpires. That's all he does is say the refs,umps,are horrible, cheating us, biased against us, etc...

ucahogfan

Quote from: Otis on April 11, 2014, 07:58:56 pm
He ruined every game thread during basketball season bitching and moaning about the refs too. Now he's going to complain about the umpires. That's all he does is say the refs,umps,are horrible, cheating us, biased against us, etc...
Did you even watch the 1st inning?  That would have shined some light on why he was complaining.

ucahogfan

TikiHog

ok understand now

jry04

Riiiight. Care to bring these posts up? I avoided most game threads during the games considering I was at them and could not stand the constant MA bashing.

Back on topic.

ucahogfan

jry04

Just checked my post history all the way back to December 31...

No posts in game threads. You are either mistaken or stupid. I went to all home games, and recorded road games to watch/delete after I knew the score, therefore no posting during the games.

ucahogfan

Laird steals 2nd on a breaking ball in the dirt.  Wise did all he could to make a good throw.

ricepig

Killian struggling, he was like that in high school, we might score 6 in an inning, or not get one out of the infield for 7.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

trippigs

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2014, 08:05:53 pm
Killian struggling, he was like that in high school, we might score 6 in an inning, or not get one out of the infield for 7.
He has pitched well this season.  He may not be as sharp this game but he has done well overall.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    0   0   0                                   0   0   2
LSU            2   0   2                                   4   2   0

LOB
Arkansas - 1
LSU - 1

Up for the Hogs
Benintendi
Serrano
Anderson

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2014, 08:05:53 pm
He has given up 2 hits.  Bad thing is both hits drove in 2 runs.  He needs to fill the zone up more.

ricepig

Quote from: ROBLYNNM on April 11, 2014, 08:09:19 pm
He has pitched well this season.  He may not be as sharp this game but he has done well overall.

Oh, I agree, but he has these outings at times.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Serrano doubles over the head of the CF.  His 7th double of the year.

ucahogfan

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 08:15:20 pm
Serrano doubles over the head of the CF.  His 7th double of the year.

I just said to my daughter..."We have nothing for Nola tonight"   So I am now saying it to you guys....lol

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    0   0   0   0                               0   1   2
LSU            2   0   2                                   4   2   0

LOB
Arkansas - 2
LSU - 1