Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 35 Thread: #24 Arkansas (21-13, 6-6 SEC) vs. #8 LSU (25-8-1, 6-5-1 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 11, 2014, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Wernes grounds a single into right on a perfectly executed hit and run.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

trippigs

ucahogfan

Wise singles into left and Eagan is cut down at 3B 7-5-6 as Vitello was waving him home, but then called him back.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.  Huge play right there and Eagan is being coach up by DVH in the dugout.

Meeting on the mound for the Tigers.

Junior LHP Zac Person warming in the pen.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

catfish07

"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

ucahogfan

Bernal blown away by some high smoke.  13th K by Nola tonight and more than likely his last pitch of the evening.

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    0   0   0   0   1   0   0                1   4   2
LSU            2   0   2   0   0   0                    4   3   1

LOB
Arkansas - 5
LSU - 1

catfish07

-General Philip Sheridan

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 09:09:36 pm
Wise singles into left and Eagan is cut down at 3B 7-5-6 as Vitello was waving him home, but then called him back.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.  Huge play right there and Eagan is being coach up by DVH in the dugout.

Meeting on the mound for the Tigers.

Junior LHP Zac Person warming in the pen.

Should have sent him....Not sure it would have even drawn a throw home with Tigers up 3 runs...UGGGGGGGGGGGH

ucahogfan

Stevenson lines the 1st pitch of the bottom of the 7th into right for a single.  It was Killian's 88th pitch.

ucahogfan

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 11, 2014, 09:14:12 pm
Should have sent him....Not sure it would have even drawn a throw home with Tigers up 3 runs...UGGGGGGGGGGGH
Wise hit it pretty hard.  Eagan would have almost certainly have been gunned down.

ucahogfan

Ibarra singles into center on a hit and run.  Stevenson winds up at 3B and Ibarra is cut down 8-6-3 at 1B.  Runner on 3rd with 1 out.

catfish07

-General Philip Sheridan

ucahogfan

Moore IBB.  Runners on the corners with 1 out.

Junior RHP Jacob Stone warming in the pen.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 09:15:23 pm
Wise hit it pretty hard.  Eagan would have almost certainly have been gunned down.

Down 3 thats a chance I would have taken....Gunned at home most certainly better than what happened UCA.....Agree/Disagree?

ucahogfan

Robertson flies out to Spoon who makes a hell of a diving catch.  Moore was off with the pitch and is doubled off 8-4-3.  That will almost certainly be a #SCTop10 for sure.

catfish07

-General Philip Sheridan

elksnort

Great defense though, seriously good defense. The defense seems to be playing better than in the past several years.

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    0   0   0   0   1   0   0                1   4   2
LSU            2   0   2   0   0   0   1                5   5   1

LOB
Arkansas - 5
LSU - 2

Up for the Razorbacks
Spoon
Benintendi
Serrano

catfish07

-General Philip Sheridan

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Bama has lost to Auburn so we will at least not lose ground on first place. Still 2 games back.

ucahogfan

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 11, 2014, 09:19:56 pm
Down 3 thats a chance I would have taken....Gunned at home most certainly better than what happened UCA.....Agree/Disagree?
An out is still an out.  Eagan should have held up on a ball hit that hard to begin with.

hawgtahm

This is my only way to follow. Why did Eagan hold at 2nd on a perfectly executed  hit and run to right?

trippigs

Quirky baseball is entertaining.  But would like to have that run back

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Paul Maineiri out to the mound as Nola's night is over.

New pitcher is Junior LHP Zac Person (1-1, 2.70 ERA).

ucahogfan

Quote from: catfish07 on April 11, 2014, 09:24:23 pm
Run scored correct?
Yeah, I would have thought with the force play at 1st that it wouldn't have counted, but it did.  Thought force outs nullified runs no matter when they were scored.

ucahogfan

Quote from: hawgtahm on April 11, 2014, 09:25:33 pm
This is my only way to follow. Why did Eagan hold at 2nd on a perfectly executed  hit and run to right?
RF wasn't playing very deep and you never make the first out at 3B.

TikiHog

Quote from: hawgtahm on April 11, 2014, 09:25:33 pm

This...Eagen should have been standing on 3rd and scored on Wise hit

ucahogfan

TikiHog

it was a slow 3 hopper and Eagen was 1 step from 2nd when it was still bouncing through the infield

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on April 11, 2014, 09:30:17 pm
it was a slow 3 hopper and Eagen was 1 step from 2nd when it was still bouncing through the infield
We are an aggressive team on the base paths and Vitello probably didn't think Eagan would have made it safely.

ucahogfan

Serrano draws a walk to put runners on 1nd and 2nd with 1 out for Anderson.

Junior RHP Joe Broussard warming in the pen for the Tigers.

hawgtahm

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 09:28:04 pm
Yeah, I would have thought with the force play at 1st that it wouldn't have counted, but it did.  Thought force outs nullified runs no matter when they were scored.

Never heard of a force at first.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Anderson doubles into the RCF gap.  2 runs score.  Anderson's 10th double of the year and his 30th and 31st RBIs.  It was a hell of an AB and he almost hit it out.  Anderson extends his hitting streak to 11 games.

5-3 LSU.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

trippigs

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 09:25:07 pm
An out is still an out.  Eagan should have held up on a ball hit that hard to begin with.

WHEN we come back and win this one I will admit you were right amigo......BTW U do a helluva job on PBP!

ucahogfan

RS Freshman Blake Baxendale will pinch hit for Eagan.

LSU will counter by bringing in their closer Junior RHP Joe Broussard (0-0, 7 S, 0.56 ERA).

YtownHog

catfish07

-General Philip Sheridan

jry04

Quote from: hawgtahm on April 11, 2014, 09:34:59 pm
Never heard of a force at first.
When a fly ball is caught, the runner on first is forced to run back to first. Any out that does not require a tag is a force out...

May be wrong, but I don't think the run should have counted.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S