Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 35 Thread: #24 Arkansas (21-13, 6-6 SEC) vs. #8 LSU (25-8-1, 6-5-1 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 11, 2014, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

First pitch is set for 7:05 this evening.  Tonight's game will be televised on CST.  Arkansas is starting Sophomore RHP Trey Killian (1-5, 2.70 ERA) who has suffered for a huge lack of run support so far this season.  It doesn't look like it will be any better tonight as LSU will start reigning SEC Pitcher of the Year, reigning SEC Co-Pitcher of the Week, and the midseason Pitcher of the Year by just about every college baseball site out there in Junior RHP Aaron Nola (6-1, 0.47 ERA).  I should be able to do PBP tonight.

bighog2255

Just keep it close Trey and lets scratch out a few runs against Nola. He's due to give up a few right?

kennymayne

It looks like Razorvision is going to have the feed from CST on tonight.

yraciv

Damn Nola is rolling again, but I like Trey to keep it close.  Maybe we'll get some breaks this one.

JHicks3636

Runs should be at a premium tonight. I expect DVH to bunt everytime that we get a leadoff hitter on base. He may even do it each time we get a man on 1st with 1 out in an attempt to scratch out a run with a 2-out hit. I know that many on here don't like that strategy, but I don't see DVH changing in a game like this.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 11, 2014, 05:45:09 pm
Runs should be at a premium tonight.
I would say so. Nola has given up 3 runs in 8 appearances and over 50 innings. Ouch!

ucahogfan

LSU Starting Lineup
McMullen        LF
Laird              RF
Bregman        SS
Scivicque        DH
Hale               1B
Stevenson       CF
Ibarra             3B
Moore              C
Robertson        2B

On the mound - Junior RHP Aaron Nola (6-1, 0.47 ERA)

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Arkansas    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0      0   0   0
LSU            0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0      0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
LSU - 0

pigture perfect

Maybe somebody can spike the LSU Gatorade and Nola will drink about half of it. Good luck tonight Hogs.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

warriorlion

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on April 11, 2014, 07:00:27 pm
Why not Eagan
Nola has a plus change while his slider is more of an average offering.  Means Nola might be tougher on lefties than he is on righties.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Benintendi caught looking on a fastball that almost hits him.  It looked a couple of inches off the plate.

ucahogfan

Serrano caught looking as this home plate ump will let Nola live 6 inches off the plate this game.  All 3 of the pitches Serrano saw should have probably been called balls.

ucahogfan

Arkansas    0                                             0   0   0
LSU                                                          0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
LSU - 0

Blutoblutarsky

ucahogfan

McMullen works the count full, and he draws a leadoff walk.  A couple of balls McMullen took Nola got.  Killian is getting squeezed.  It was an 11 pitch AB.

ucahogfan

Laird grounds to Bernal on a hit and run and makes a very wild throw to 2B.  Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs.  FC and E6.

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

TikiHog

ucahogfan

Bregman lines a very tough 2 strike pitch right back up the box.  2 runs score.  Bregman advances to 2nd on the throw home.

2-0 LSU.

yraciv

Well hate to say it,  but there is the game. See  ya'll tomorrow!

ucahogfan

Scivicque flies out to Serrano.  Sounded a whole lot better off the bat than where it landed.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Quote from: yraciv on April 11, 2014, 07:24:31 pm
Well hate to say it,  but there is the game. See  ya'll tomorrow!
Especially if Nola gets a strike zone double what Killian gets.

ucahogfan

jry04

I turned it off already. Not going to watch this POS ump squeeze us while giving them balls in the dirt or over the batters box. Somebody should check the images from last week where MSU was called out on pitches a foot off the plate @ LSU.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Arkansas    0                                             0   0   1
LSU            2                                             2   1   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
LSU - 0

Up for the Hogs
Anderson
Wilkerson
Fisher

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on April 11, 2014, 07:29:03 pm
I turned it off already. Not going to watch this POS ump squeeze us while giving them balls in the dirt or over the batters box. Somebody should check the images from last week where MSU was called out on pitches a foot off the plate @ LSU.
You know it is bad when the analyst who is former LSU All-American Ben McDonald is questioning the zone.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 11, 2014, 07:26:07 pm
Especially if Nola gets a strike zone double what Killian gets.
You know calls behind the plate are not being called the same when Coach is already mad and it's only the first inning....

Doesn't excuse the bad throw on our player though...

ucahogfan

Anderson draws a leadoff walk.  Ball 4 was about the same location as strike 3 on both Benintendi and Serrano.

Danny J

Inconsistent ref'ing/ump'ing in the SEC? You would think the most powerful conference in the history of college sports could afford better but I guess not.

ucahogfan

Blutoblutarsky

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

TikiHog

Quote from: jry04 on April 11, 2014, 07:29:03 pm

I cant imagine being a Fan of any sport and turning the game off because of a umpire

TikiHog

ucahogfan

Wernes down swinging as he tries to check his swing on a slider.

ucahogfan

Arkansas    0   0                                        0   0   1
LSU            2                                             2   1   0

LOB
Arkansas - 1
LSU - 0

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: TikiHog on April 11, 2014, 07:40:12 pm
I cant imagine being a Fan of any sport and turning the game off because of a umpire

I can if Perry Costello is the umpire.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ROBLYNNM on April 11, 2014, 07:32:45 pm
Doesn't excuse the bad throw on our player though...
I'm not making an excuse for the bad throw.  Bernal should have known a hit and run was on and his only play was to go to 1st, but he tried to make the superb play and cost us at least 1 run.

TikiHog

ucahogfan

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on April 11, 2014, 07:42:12 pm
I can if Perry Costello is the umpire.
I thought after the 1st that this home plate ump was Perry, but he was a little better in the top of the 2nd.

TikiHog