Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Times have most Definitely Changed in CFB

Started by WilsonHog, April 11, 2014, 01:05:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Somehow I can't see the legends of the profession in a dance-off with their players.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvSSCwRdJU

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Tom Bennett on April 11, 2014, 01:05:54 pm
Somehow I can't see the legends of the profession in a dance-off with their players.

That's really interesting.  I remember back in the 80s, on the bus ride back from a win, we would beat-box and rap(very simple rhymes, similar to Run DMC, Beastie Boys, etc.) about the game.

So although the "dance-off" may be new to some of us, I think each generation has its unique style/culture, and the coaches let them blow off steam and incorporate something that is their own.  Kudos to the coaches, IMO.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tom Bennett on April 11, 2014, 01:05:54 pm

I doubt that can be called the Bear Bryant shuffle.........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogShat

Quote from: Notshavin on April 11, 2014, 01:11:15 pm
That's really interesting.  I remember back in the 80s, on the bus ride back from a win, we would beat-box and rap(very simple rhymes, similar to Run DMC, Beastie Boys, etc.) about the game.

So although the "dance-off" may be new to some of us, I think each generation has its unique style/culture, and the coaches let them blow off steam and incorporate something that is their own.  Kudos to the coaches, IMO.

+1

Ol Butch got that ball (na na na nah) Man he was kickin'! (na na na nah) Coach Lily said he runs like...(na na na nah) a big scary chicken!!!

That was on the bus circa 1987 and I still remember it like it was yesterday! Butch Jones was a stud running back at Fairview, but he hated being tackled. Ran like a scared chicken lmao.... Thanks for the memory jog Notshavin!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: HogShat on April 14, 2014, 03:24:45 pm
+1

Ol Butch got that ball (na na na nah) Man he was kickin'! (na na na nah) Coach Lily said he runs like...(na na na nah) a big scary chicken!!!

That was on the bus circa 1987 and I still remember it like it was yesterday! Butch Jones was a stud running back at Fairview, but he hated being tackled. Ran like a scared chicken lmao.... Thanks for the memory jog Notshavin!

Awesome.  Yeah, everything was a drum, shoulder pads, helmets...

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07