Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarrett Lake Arrested

Started by OptimusHog, April 11, 2014, 09:46:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OptimusHog

For Aggravated Animal Cruelty...on phone so can't link to WASHCO. Pretty sick if true.

PowderedPig

WASHINGTON COUNTY, AR -- Former University of Arkansas linebacker Jarrett Lake was arrested Thursday on animal cruelty charges after police found one of his dogs dead, and another extremely malnourished.

On December 29, 2013, Animal Control Officers were dispatched to 2483 N. Jeremiah Place in Fayetteville to investigate a complaint of animal abandonment.  According to the police report, when officers arrived they found feces covering the garage floor, and a dead dog lying beside a baby stroller.

Officers also say they found a black dog that appeared to be starving in one of the upstairs bedrooms.  The dog was taken to the Fayetteville Animal Shelter and it was determined it was extremely thin due to lack of feeding.

A necropsy revealed the deceased dog had only a small piece of black plastic in its stomach, with no food present.

When contacted by officers, Lake said he was out of state attending a football camp.  Lake admitted he was the owner of the dogs, and they were his responsibility.

Lake was arrested Thursday on aggravated animal assault charges and held on a $2500 bond.

Lake played in 38 games and had 104 tackles as a linebacker for the University of Arkansas football team.

DeltaBoy

What a Moron to leave your pets at home with out Food or Water.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LZH

There's already one thread on this in the trash can.....so watch out.

urkillnmesmalls

People...let's not jump to conclusions on this.  We have no idea if someone else was asked to look after them and there was confusion, or what was going on.  Let it play out...
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

The_Iceman

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 11, 2014, 10:00:47 am
People...let's not jump to conclusions on this.  We have no idea if someone else was asked to look after them and there was confusion, or what was going on.  Let it play out...

Agreed. Let's wait and get the whole story.

Hog_Fink

that's disgusting & absolutely disgraceful.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: PowderedPig on April 11, 2014, 09:50:20 am
WASHINGTON COUNTY, AR -- Former University of Arkansas linebacker Jarrett Lake was arrested Thursday on animal cruelty charges after police found one of his dogs dead, and another extremely malnourished.

On December 29, 2013, Animal Control Officers were dispatched to 2483 N. Jeremiah Place in Fayetteville to investigate a complaint of animal abandonment.  According to the police report, when officers arrived they found feces covering the garage floor, and a dead dog lying beside a baby stroller.

Officers also say they found a black dog that appeared to be starving in one of the upstairs bedrooms.  The dog was taken to the Fayetteville Animal Shelter and it was determined it was extremely thin due to lack of feeding.

A necropsy revealed the deceased dog had only a small piece of black plastic in its stomach, with no food present.

When contacted by officers, Lake said he was out of state attending a football camp.  Lake admitted he was the owner of the dogs, and they were his responsibility.

Lake was arrested Thursday on aggravated animal assault charges and held on a $2500 bond.

Lake played in 38 games and had 104 tackles as a linebacker for the University of Arkansas football team.

This pisses me off to no end. He should be given the same treatment as he gave the dogs while serving 10-20 years in the pen. I have no sympathy for animal and child abuse and the penalties should be very, very harsh.

Choctaw Hog

April 11, 2014, 10:05:34 am #9 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:27:51 am by Choctaw Hog

No excuse. They are his dogs and his responsibility and if someone else is involved they are both equally guilty. It takes a long time for a dog to starve to death and he's already admitted they are his dogs. That's all I need to know about his involvement.

LZH

People...let's not jump to conclusions on this. 

I agree....I mean, he has completed his eligibility.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 11, 2014, 10:07:25 am

Don't get me wrong...I have NO interest in defending him.  But that was from December of last year?  Even if it was a "watch my dogs while I'm gone" message to someone that was never received, you would think that if he was gone that long he would have called to check in on them right? 

Odd.  And sad.  Mostly sad. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

acey33

Let's not jump to conclusions??? He didn't take care of HIS responsibilities (His Dogs) and they suffered a whole lot due to HIM, that's the bottom line and in my opinion it should be a Felony for these idiots who commit these type of crimes

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: acey33 on April 11, 2014, 10:23:01 am
Let's not jump to conclusions??? He didn't take care of HIS responsibilities (His Dogs) and they suffered a whole lot due to HIM, that's the bottom line and in my opinion it should be a Felony for these idiots who commit these type of crimes

See above please....

immahog

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 11, 2014, 10:00:54 am
Agreed. Let's wait and get the whole story.

HA yea right this is hogville witch means jarrett lake is the second coming of M vick
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

plumbhog

Quote from: immahog on April 11, 2014, 10:30:43 am
HA yea right this is hogville witch means jarrett lake is the second coming of M vick
Well it appears both tortured dogs to death. If he is convicted that puts them about equal.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

PowderedPig

Jarrett Lake ran a 5+ second 40.  Let's not go putting him in the same sentence as Michael Vick.

plumbhog

Quote from: PowderedPig on April 11, 2014, 12:09:51 pm
Jarrett Lake ran a 5+ second 40.  Let's not go putting him in the same sentence as Michael Vick.
This thread is comparing them as a pos not an athelete.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

PorkRinds

Quote from: plumbhog on April 11, 2014, 12:00:44 pm
Well it appears both tortured dogs to death. If he is convicted that puts them about equal.
Not trying to defend Lake's actions, but abandoning dogs and fighting dogs are not the same thing.  Lake didn't torture them to death, he just failed to take care of them.  One is done with intentional malice, the other is just not caring enough to take care of them.  There is a difference. There's no excuse for either, but they aren't the same thing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2014, 01:38:07 pm
Not trying to defend Lake's actions, but abandoning dogs and fighting dogs are not the same thing.  Lake didn't torture them to death, he just failed to take care of them.  One is done with intentional malice, the other is just not caring enough to take care of them.  There is a difference. There's no excuse for either, but they aren't the same thing.

Starvation is torture........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkRinds

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 11, 2014, 01:56:12 pm
Starvation is torture........................................

No doubt it's bad, but it isn't the same as dog fighting torture.  Not only that, Vick was part of a dog fighting RING and they found 65 dogs and a dog fighting ring on his property.  Let's not try and compare that to what happened with Lake.  It's horrible, and he should be charged.  But he's no Michael Vick.

RazorPiggie

The Boar War

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on April 11, 2014, 10:02:08 am
This pisses me off to no end. He should be given the same treatment as he gave the dogs while serving 10-20 years in the pen. I have no sympathy for animal and child abuse and the penalties should be very, very harsh.

He wouldn't see that kind of time for manslaughter.

trashcan maN

Forcing something to fight for  its life in an arena and slowly starving it to death over the course of weeks and making it die in its own Miss and feces are equally brutal forms of torture.

I dont think the people who starved in Auschwitz thought they were done a service by not being sent to the torture chamber.

farmhawg

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on April 11, 2014, 10:05:34 am
No excuse. They are his dogs and his responsibility and if someone else is involved they are both equally guilty. It take a long time for a dog to starve to death. He's already admitted they are HS dogs. That's all I need to know about his involvement.
This.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

rusvegashog

Max punishment and starvation are what he deserves. What a low life. Pork Rinds couldn't be more wrong. What is the mentality that allows something like this to happen?

PorkRinds

Quote from: rusvegashog on April 11, 2014, 05:16:41 pm
Max punishment and starvation are what he deserves. What a low life. Pork Rinds couldn't be more wrong. What is the mentality that allows something like this to happen?

I'm wrong huh? Being part of a dog fighting ring and having the fights on your property where 65 dogs are found is the exact same thing as abandoning two dogs? As I've said from the beginning, it's horrible. Inexcusable. Horrific. But it isn't on the same level as Michael Vick. Not even close.

trashcan maN

You implied that starving them thru negligence was lesser than killing them thru dog fighting. Its ur opinion, so ur not wrong, but I strongly disagree.

Vick and Lake arent comparable because, like you said, Vick killed dozens of dogs. Had Lake starved dozens to death, it would have been just as bad.

PorkRinds

Quote from: kj0N on April 11, 2014, 05:45:41 pm
You implied that starving them thru negligence was lesser than killing them thru dog fighting. Its ur opinion, so ur not wrong, but I strongly disagree.

Vick and Lake arent comparable because, like you said, Vick killed dozens of dogs. Had Lake starved dozens to death, it would have been just as bad.

I agree with that completely.

rusvegashog

April 11, 2014, 06:29:24 pm #29 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:18:26 am by rusvegashog
My apologies PorkRinds I had just opened up the thread, saw a few statements and I guess I was just piling on. Still the utilities had been turned off and he had moved. He left those dogs to starve(be tortured) to death.

redeye

I really hate people who abuse dogs.

That's all.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on April 11, 2014, 02:29:14 pm

I know but he should.

icouldntthinkofagoodname

i assumed he was choking a chicken.  happens a lot in college.

kingofdequeen

used to live on Jeremiah.  good times.

hoglady

This just makes me mad.
Mad at Lake, mad at whoever was supposed to be feeding them and mad at the person who waited too long to intervene. It would have been more humane to take a gun and shoot them in the head. Starving an animal is about as cruel as it gets.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Wish I hadn't even seen this thread.
I'll be pissed off all night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

OptimusHog

Quote from: hoglady on April 11, 2014, 11:07:12 pm
Wish I hadn't even seen this thread.
I'll be pissed off all night.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Lord of the Styes

hoglady

Quote from: OptimusHog on April 12, 2014, 12:17:59 am
Don't shoot the messenger.

That wasn't meant to be a knock on you.

gmarv

nothing sadder than abuse of helpless things (children, animals).
i,m afraid it won,t be ,but punishment should be severe and swift.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2014, 02:07:10 pm
No doubt it's bad, but it isn't the same as dog fighting torture.  Not only that, Vick was part of a dog fighting RING and they found 65 dogs and a dog fighting ring on his property.  Let's not try and compare that to what happened with Lake.  It's horrible, and he should be charged.  But he's no Michael Vick.

I never said he was Vick. However torture is torture.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2014, 02:07:10 pm

PorkHinds, this is sad and terrible. I'm glad his eligability is done because I don't want this clowne on my football team. Sad...

hogmaniak10

Quote from: The Boar War on April 11, 2014, 02:29:14 pm

If he's guilty give him a year in jail. Remember people they are just dogs. We kill human babies every day the same way we kill slugs and we go crazy when someone kills a dog ( not supporting in any way just sayin ).

happyhawgal

If he moved and knew he was not going to come back, then do the right thing and take them to a shelter. At least they would be fed and have a chance to get a new home. I hate to think about the pound type shelters, but at least they would have a chance. Poor dog eating plastic to survive. SMH
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

KlubhouseKonnected

That's pretty **. I bet he thought one of his f up friends was watching them. I love dogs, but dog people are fanatical.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Justagp

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 11, 2014, 10:07:25 am

I have to disagree with you on this one. My dog, Henry, has been with me for 15 years now. He's so old and he's my dearest friend - would I ever forget to feed him or go out of town and just leave him with whomever? Are you kidding ?

LZH

Quote from: Justagp on April 13, 2014, 08:29:10 pm
I have to disagree with you on this one. My dog, Henry, has been with me for 15 years now. He's so old and he's my dearest friend - would I ever forget to feed him or go out of town and just leave him with whomever? Are you kidding ?

Yeah.  I am.

I just thought if I took the position of "he's not an active player anymore - so it's all good - no worries" that someone would surely say something sooner or later.

goodguytex

Shows how irresponsible and cruel He is to do this. I work 50 hours a week and live alone so I don't have a dog anymore. They need time and attention to care for them. If you can't take care of a pet, don't own one. Have a heart.

panhandlepig

I can not  imagine how any one could go off and leave 2 creatures to die like this. How could you not know?

And yes, I googled how long does it take for a dog to die of starvation. Apparentely it takes a while. Lack of water could be a few days to a week.

The dog that was still living was mal-nourished. This was not a case of "Oops  my neighbor forgot to feed my dogs". Any one who can do this is sick and twisted.

goodguytex

Quote from: panhandlepig on April 13, 2014, 09:18:34 pm
   I can not  imagine how any one could go off and leave 2 creatures to die like this. How could you not know?

And yes, I googled how long does it take for a dog to die of starvation. Apparentely it takes a while. Lack of water could be a few days to a week.

The dog that was still living was mal-nourished. This was not a case of "Oops  my neighbor forgot to feed my dogs". Any one who can do this is sick and twisted.

I agree! Anyone with any moral integrity or is responsible at all doesn't do this.