Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Barkley at halftime

Started by rzrbackramsfan, April 11, 2014, 12:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Said he wanted to give dirk 50k to play for auburn, it would've been a great investment just like cam was hahaha. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 11, 2014, 12:46:30 am
Said he wanted to give dirk 50k to play for auburn, it would've been a great investment just like cam was hahaha.

That's is what he said, not my interpretation.

online-with-swine

Barkley is never afraid to speak his mind.

Hoggish1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 11, 2014, 12:47:13 am
That's is what he said, not my interpretation.

Normally, I am a Barkley fan, but that comment and the one where he blatantly invited high school players to play for Bruce at Pearle's house down at Auburn, really made me mad!

outlawhogeywells

should not be able to use his platform to recruit for Auburn.  but of course it is Auburn and you know how they like to keep within the lines of the rule book.

immahog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 11, 2014, 07:56:17 am
Normally, I am a Barkley fan, but that comment and the one where he blatantly invited high school players to play for Bruce at Pearle's house down at Auburn, really made me mad!

made you mad ????? um WHY???
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

immahog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on April 11, 2014, 08:39:10 am
should not be able to use his platform to recruit for Auburn.  but of course it is Auburn and you know how they like to keep within the lines of the rule book.

again WHY ??
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Hoggish1

Quote from: immahog on April 11, 2014, 12:01:14 pm
made you mad ????? um WHY???

Areu trying to be funny, or just dense?  Anybody of his stature that pimps Auburn on a national broadcast  is not doing the Hogs any favors, right?

Athog

Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 11, 2014, 07:54:50 am
Barkley is never afraid to speak his mind.

No he is not. The problem on most subjects is the logic ends there! He may be right here !

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 11, 2014, 01:33:37 pm
Areu trying to be funny, or just dense?  Anybody of his stature that pimps Auburn on a national broadcast  is not doing the Hogs any favors, right?

It was commical, why would you take it so serious??? If it had been Corliss or DMAC up there saying the same thing you would be fine with it.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

HawgJD

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 11, 2014, 01:33:37 pm

Current high school recruits were 2-4 when Barkley hung up his sneakers.

Hoggish1

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 13, 2014, 08:11:23 pm

Yeah it kind of is, what Charles said has no impact whatsoever on Arkansas or Auburn recruiting.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkerOinker on April 13, 2014, 11:20:36 pm
Yeah it kind of is, what Charles said has no impact whatsoever on Arkansas or Auburn recruiting.

It had an impact on me.  Whether he was joking or not, someone in his position can't say stuff like that on a national telecast.  Save that stuff for Tomer's Corner...

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 14, 2014, 09:06:21 am
It had an impact on me.  Whether he was joking or not, someone in his position can't say stuff like that on a national telecast.  Save that stuff for Tomer's Corner...

Apparently you are the only person in the country that took offense to it, and  I guess he can say stuff like that, because CBS has yet to punish him for it.

kingofdequeen

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkerOinker on April 14, 2014, 02:40:31 pm
Apparently you are the only person in the country that took offense to it, and  I guess he can say stuff like that, because CBS has yet to punish him for it.

I get that you're an Auburn troll.  But, regardless, you still miss the point.

JansterZ71

Why can't a broadcaster be openly happy about his ALMA MATERS basketball team THAT HE PLAYED FOR?  No problem with throwing a line out here and there.  It's not like it's a 24/7 deal. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 14, 2014, 09:59:51 pm
I get that you're an Auburn troll.  But, regardless, you still miss the point.

Hilarious that you think I am an Auburn troll! I'm not missing any point, I'm just pointing out your the only person on the face of this earth making a big deal out of nothing!

870hogfan

Quote from: JansterZ71 on April 14, 2014, 10:19:00 pm
Why can't a broadcaster be openly happy about his ALMA MATERS basketball team THAT HE PLAYED FOR?  No problem with throwing a line out here and there.  It's not like it's a 24/7 deal.

I be ashamed if I played at Auburn if I was him.

JansterZ71

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

870hogfan

Quote from: JansterZ71 on April 15, 2014, 07:32:00 am
No you wouldn't

Yes I would.  The only decent year Auburn has ever had in basketball is in 99..

JansterZ71

Quote from: 870hogfan on April 15, 2014, 07:39:03 am

Yes I would.  The only decent year Auburn has ever had in basketball is in 99..
& when Barkely & chuck Persson were there.  But yes Auburn basketball historically has sucked

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkerOinker on April 14, 2014, 10:42:07 pm
Hilarious that you think I am an Auburn troll! I'm not missing any point, I'm just pointing out your the only person on the face of this earth making a big deal out of nothing!

LOL  So, you were not just a little pissed when CB pimped Pearle and Auburn to the nation?  That's what's hilarious.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 15, 2014, 08:42:37 am
LOL  So, you were not just a little pissed when CB pimped Pearle and Auburn to the nation?  That's what's hilarious.

Nope I sure wasn't because. What's hilarious is if you think Barkley saying these things will help Auburn in any way.