Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for HV.

Started by Hogsforlife1990, April 10, 2014, 11:43:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsforlife1990

In 2010 arkansas ran a play against GA that I cannot remember the name of. It was a loaded I formation set with either 2 or 3 TE's. Chris Gragg was on the strong right side on 3rd & 4 from our 45 I believe. We sold run hard and play faked the handoff to Dennis Johnson to the weak side. And Chris Gragg left the LOS untouched with no coverage for a 55 or 60 yard TD. After the game mallet said the name of the play and then later it was mentioned on his QB camp with Jon Gruden (I believe) I can hear Ryan saying it in his thuggish like country boy accent, "Y Right 22..." And I can't remember the rest. Me and my dad were talking about it and I was hoping someone could answer this question for me so I can sleep tonight.

Dr. Starcs

You're asking hv for actual help about actual football?  Good luck!  Lol

Seriously though, I remember the play. Pretty sure it was fourth and less than 1 around midfield. I don't recall the actual name of the play though. Sorry.

Fayettechill or a select few of others might though

Uncommon

Quote from: Hogsforlife1990 on April 10, 2014, 11:43:56 am
In 2010 arkansas ran a play against GA that I cannot remember the name of. It was a loaded I formation set with either 2 or 3 TE's. Chris Gragg was on the strong right side on 3rd & 4 from our 45 I believe. We sold run hard and play faked the handoff to Dennis Johnson to the weak side. And Chris Gragg left the LOS untouched with no coverage for a 55 or 60 yard TD. After the game mallet said the name of the play and then later it was mentioned on his QB camp with Jon Gruden (I believe) I can hear Ryan saying it in his thuggish like country boy accent, "Y Right 22..." And I can't remember the rest. Me and my dad were talking about it and I was hoping someone could answer this question for me so I can sleep tonight.
Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee90-beelxM&t=0m52s

Was a 3rd and 1 situation.  They lined up in a Goal Line offensive formation.  After the snap, play action to the running back.  Chris Gragg's route on this play was a delayed fly route where he sold block first then released.  Perfect play call against the defense they were currently facing on this particular down.  Looked like a 4-3 Over or Under with safeties playing towards the line of scrimmage.  The play action made the linebackers and safeties bite and the corner, that Gragg was selling block to then release, did not stick with him therefore wide open Gragg down the field for the score.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Hogsforlife1990 on April 10, 2014, 11:43:56 am

Y right 22 we suckered your arse.  DJ Williams had caught passes on each of the two previous plays.  Watch three guys jump him and leave Childs open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSHLJeeHvww