Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't rush to anger without conceding reality

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 10, 2014, 11:41:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 17, 2014, 08:19:09 pm
while all opinions are welcome, I tend to appreciate ones that have some solid information behind it.  Take this team for instance.  Even if this guy had a differing opinion from mine, I would still value it above my own or any other jackwagon on here that is neither a coach nor has attended practices.  That is why cosmo said "ban everyone but this guy...including me".  Did you miss that "including me" part? 
Actually, yea I thought he said except me. And I thought the guy had a good post. But I still think BB is not going to be the man to take us to championships. And that is just based on my opinion, which is backed only by my own knowledge of the game. Pretty much like everyone else.

chitwnhog

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 17, 2014, 09:03:45 pm
Whachyoo talkin' bout Willis?  I've been on my best behavior lately.  Besides, it looks like the temper tantrums and the namecalling is rockin' along quite well whether I started it or not.  :P

Lolz...you have been on your best behavior lately...you feelin ok???

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on April 17, 2014, 10:06:19 pm
Actually, yea I thought he said except me. And I thought the guy had a good post. But I still think BB is not going to be the man to take us to championships. And that is just based on my opinion, which is backed only by my own knowledge of the game. Pretty much like everyone else.

What knowledge of the game? I don't have that knowledge. I'm just pulling things straight out of my butt.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: locusbug on April 17, 2014, 03:40:08 pm
I think you missed the point about the fantastic job Snyder did building something out of nothing.

Twice!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Chief Mac

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on April 17, 2014, 10:06:19 pm

well, if he doesn't take us to championships, he will have something in common with Petrino ;)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 17, 2014, 04:50:49 pm
Unfortunately this post will be lost on many here. It's a brilliant summation of the state of the program right now.

From someone that IS a REAL coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Chief Mac

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 18, 2014, 07:16:40 am
From someone that IS a REAL coach.

and has watched the team this spring.  Something, most of us haven't done
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Pork Twain

April 18, 2014, 07:21:44 am #607 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:09:09 am by BeoPig™
Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 18, 2014, 07:19:15 am
and has watched the team this spring.  Something, most of us haven't done
Probably like 5 guys on here that have done this but there are 50 that act as if they were right there and are experts at breaking down players and coaches.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Inhogswetrust

April 18, 2014, 07:26:39 am #608 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:15:45 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on April 17, 2014, 04:22:37 pm
Most of Saban's success has nothing to do with his offense. It has to do with his defense. When your team is so strong defensively year in and year out, you do not want to be a passing team. That is one thing BP needed to learn, and I am sure he would have. I do not think our defenses under BP were, great, but they were probably better than they looked simply because we passed the ball a lot and often times put them in bad situations.

Bingo to some degree. Saban DOES usually have a good defense. He also usually DOES have a good offense. THAT is a true balanced football team. IF we had fielded D's even close to his we would not be having conversations about our coaches both past and present.

P.S. I also think you are forgetting how efficient AND good his offense is. Just because he doesn 't score 50 points a game every game doesn't mean they aren't good. Look at who he has had running his offenses and at the skill positions also. AJ was a pretty high ranking recruit. His RB's are always high ranking recruits. He even gets high ranking recruits as WR's. But the piece de resistance is the unbelievably high rankings and numbers of OL recruits. The main thing is he does his homework recruiting wise and most of his players do as well as they were recruited. He doesn't have very many recruiting "busts" either offense or defense.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 18, 2014, 07:21:44 am
Probably like 5 guys on here that have done this but there are 50 that act as if they were right there.

I thought it was like 3, but it seems like 10.   ;)   Sort of like the three guys who jump in every thread to start their crusade of "I just don't think BB is the guy who's going to get it done here." 

No patience.  They're that guy behind you who is honking the split second the light turns green when the car in front of you hasn't even moved yet.   ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 18, 2014, 07:26:39 am
Bingo to some degree. Saban DOES usually have a good defense. He also usually DOES have a good offense. THAT is a true balanced football team.

P.S. I also think you are forgetting how efficient AND good his offense is. Just because he does 't score 50 points a game even game doesn't mean they aren't good. Look at who he has had running his offenses and at the skill positions also. AJ was a pretty high ranking recruit. His RB's are always high ranking recruits. He even gets high ranking recruits as WR's. But the piece de resistance is the unbelievably high rankings and numbers of OL recruits. The main thing he does his homework recruiting wise and most of his players do as well as they were recruited. He doesn't have very many recruiting "busts" either offense or defense.

"Just because he doesn't score 50 points a game against anyone other than Arkansas, doesn't mean they aren't good."

FIFY
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on April 17, 2014, 08:00:01 pm
I was actually not referring to him. If I was I would have quoted his post. Either way, informed does not mean correct. It's still opinion, and I respect his. But I make my own, thanks. See how that works? I have a mind of my own without being a smartass to anyone.

I'll take informed opinions for 1,000,000 Alex............................ The chance of it being more unbiased, rational, logical and correct are greater.

Chief Mac

Probably like 5 guys on here that have done this but there are 50 that act as if they were right there.

precisely.  I can say that, based on past performances of this staff at other programs, I HOPE and think we will be better this year.  How much better is going to be determined on improvement on defense and at the QB position. 

Based on the same information and my knowledge of football, I think Bielema will turn this thing around and be very successful.....IF he continues to improve recruiting.  I have not watched one single practice nor have any inside information that leads me to my conclusion.   

My opinion....may or may not turn out to be reality.  I'm in wait and see mode for this year and further but I understand its not a quick fix regardless who the coach is or could have been

Now off to the gym!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 18, 2014, 07:33:37 am
precisely.  I can say that, based on past performances of this staff at other programs, I HOPE and think we will be better this year.  How much better is going to be determined on improvement on defense and at the QB position. 

Based on the same information and my knowledge of football, I think Bielema will turn this thing around and be very successful.....IF he continues to improve recruiting.  I have not watched one single practice nor have any inside information that leads me to my conclusion.   

My opinion....may or may not turn out to be reality.  I'm in wait and see mode for this year and further but I understand its not a quick fix regardless who the coach is or could have been

Now off to the gym!

Chris....I think there are those who are like me who are not going to predict anything until we see if the defense is better.  I was convinced that we would have to be better with a stable coach here last season too, but that didn't pan out. 

It pains me to say it, but I think one of our best chances to be better this season is for some other SEC teams to be worse than last year.   :(

Pork Twain

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 18, 2014, 07:26:51 am
I thought it was like 3, but it seems like 10.   ;)   Sort of like the three guys who jump in every thread to start their crusade of "I just don't think BB is the guy who's going to get it done here." 

No patience.  They're that guy behind you who is honking the split second the light turns green when the car in front of you hasn't even moved yet.   ::)

Much like on here, those guys just force me to sit at the light longer.  It is either that or get out and beat them to death.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Inhogswetrust

Probably like 5 guys on here that have done this but there are 50 that act as if they were right there and are experts at breaking down players and coaches.

Yep. The same 50 guys that watch highlights on ESPN and think they can breakdown film like an NFL coach!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 18, 2014, 08:17:19 am
Yep. The same 50 guys that watch highlights on ESPN and think they can breakdown film like an NFL coach!
Or the same 50 that read two message boards and believe they are qualified to hire and fire coaches with any amount of accuracy.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 18, 2014, 08:47:30 am
Or the same 50 that read two message boards and believe they are qualified to hire and fire coaches with any amount of accuracy.

Same guys!

Steef

ChitownHawg

Quote from: steefhog on April 18, 2014, 11:20:16 am
It's an elite club.

Just ask em.

Yep to join this club you must be an independent thinker, non koolaid drinker, a realist, and call em like you see em.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Steef

Quote from: locusbug on April 18, 2014, 11:24:11 am
Yep to join this club you must be an independent thinker, non koolaid drinker, a realist, and call em like you see em.

They need to write a book, to help us poor group thinkers grasp what's really going on.

Pork Twain

Quote from: steefhog on April 18, 2014, 11:25:58 am
They need to write a book, to help us poor group thinkers grasp what's really going on.
Pretty sure their leader has written a few.  What is his name again?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 18, 2014, 11:28:11 am

I'm not sure but you can recognize him by the sound of the ocean between his ears................................

LZH

Quote from: chitwnhog on April 18, 2014, 12:52:28 am
Lolz...you have been on your best behavior lately...you feelin ok???

Ha.  I'm just gettin' some rest....it's gonna be a long summer.                  :)

Steef

LOL

No. He's in a league by himself.

Different group.

Hogpkins

Tim in Little Rock

Inhogswetrust

Pork Twain

moses_007

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 10, 2014, 01:53:53 pm
I don't make predictions if I can avoid it. Sometimes Wess and Michael Smith will pin me down and force me to say something. Usually whatever it is ends up being stupid.

Nobody can predict college football consistently with any degree of accuracy unless you're saying something no brainer like, Alabama will be good this year.
The Tide's offense should not be nearly as good with a green quarterback.  We might have a good chance of beating them this year in Fayetteville... really our best chance in several years. 

Chief Mac

Quote from: moses_007 on April 19, 2014, 07:25:40 pm
The Tide's offense should not be nearly as good with a green quarterback.  We might have a good chance of beating them this year in Fayetteville... really our best chance in several years. 

Unless Coker is dramatically better than the QBs on the team now, I agree.

LZH

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 20, 2014, 10:29:03 am
Unless Coker is dramatically better than the QBs on the team now, I agree.

They were slobberin' all over him on ESPNU Friday.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: moses_007 on April 19, 2014, 07:25:40 pm

Don't look now, but most said that about the 2011 game when McCarron took over for McElroy, and we all thought maybe that was our year.  That didn't pan out too well. 

Chief Mac

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 20, 2014, 11:45:04 am
They were slobberin' all over him on ESPNU Friday.

From what I saw of him at FSU, he is decent but he is stepping into a different system that requires different things from its QB.

We shall see

LZH

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 21, 2014, 04:48:37 pm
From what I saw of him at FSU, he is decent but he is stepping into a different system that requires different things from its QB.

We shall see

The little guy (Schad?) who is one of the analysts on College Football Live said he had as good an arm as he's seen in years.  Considering he's been doing CFB for ESPN for quite some time, that's pretty high praise.

Chief Mac

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 21, 2014, 05:06:21 pm
The little guy (Schad?) who is one of the analysts on College Football Live said he had as good an arm as he's seen in years.  Considering he's been doing CFB for ESPN for quite some time, that's pretty high praise.

well, there have been alot of kids with great arms but zero touch or feel for the game.  Not saying that Coker fits that description, but if his arm is that good and he was a good game manager I doubt Jameis would have overtaken him last spring.   

I take Schad and the rest hyping Coker as usual Bama hyping....

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 21, 2014, 06:37:50 pm
well, there have been alot of kids with great arms but zero touch or feel for the game.  Not saying that Coker fits that description, but if his arm is that good and he was a good game manager I doubt Jameis would have overtaken him last spring.   

I don't care how good his arm is as long as he's throwing it long and accurately...to our players.   ;)

LZH

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on April 21, 2014, 06:37:50 pm

Probably right.  They all talked about how close he was to beating out Winston for the job, yada yada yada.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: locusbug on April 18, 2014, 11:24:11 am

Funny, but I manage to do all those things without having the sameness of opinion that the chronic naysayers have. They are far from independent thinkers.
[CENSORED]!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 21, 2014, 08:32:51 pm
Funny, but I manage to do all those things without having the sameness of opinion that the chronic naysayers have. They are far from independent thinkers.

chronic naysayers.  I've always gone with perpetual antagonists, but I think your description is better and I'm just warning you that I'm going to shamelessly "borrow" it moving forward.   ;)