Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ajay Turner Update

Started by Dwyane Wade, April 10, 2014, 11:14:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwyane Wade

Source close to Ajay Turner says Arkansas State coaches made him leave practice because he hits too hard and hurt someone.  ;D this is hilarious. That's what happens when you get a man on campus!

RazorPiggie

What??

Oh you meant AJ Turner the guy that transferred to ASU.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

secneahog

Leave practice?....sounds like a lil more to it to me.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Sounds like ASU-J was lacking in players. Oh, General Sports, too.

Dwyane Wade

Pretty sure his name is Ajay. Seeing as how I know the guy. Nice try though little dude.

He is a former Hog so, MMQB.

PowderedPig

Who name drops a transfer that couldn't hack it on THIS team?

Dwyane Wade

Couldn't hack it?? He was freshman all-sec. You are a tool sack and obviously don't know why he left. He made a few mistakes off the field.

Hans Gruber

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on April 10, 2014, 12:03:49 pm
Couldn't hack it?? He was freshman all-sec. You are a tool sack and obviously don't know why he left. He made a few mistakes off the field.

lol okay.

Hey look at me.  I'm friends with Jim Youngblood.

Don't get your feathers ruffled there, sport.

The Boar War

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on April 10, 2014, 11:14:31 am
Source close to Ajay Turner says Arkansas State coaches made him leave practice because he hits too hard and hurt someone.  ;D this is hilarious. That's what happens when you get a man on campus!

Somebody got hurt?  That's hilarious!  ::)

Dwyane Wade

My feathers aren't ruffled a bit. I was posting this as a jab at ASU. But certain people want to turn it into a pissing match for no reason.

Hans Gruber

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on April 10, 2014, 11:59:19 am
Nice try though little dude.

yeah, you wanted to turn it into a pissing match. 

Seminole Indian

Very nice player, athletic,  aggressive, and fast but so are all their LB's.

Monte Coleman's kid is a very impressive athlete, but their MLB is the one that catches your attention. He is a stud.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

PorkRinds

Pretty sure his name is Ajay. Seeing as how I know the guy. Nice try though little dude.

So was your source him?  Cause I'm gonna go ahead and doubt they made him leave practice...

secneahog

I know why he left. I'm very close to epc.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 10, 2014, 12:14:59 pm
Very nice player, athletic,  aggressive, and fast but so are all their LB's.

Monte Coleman's kid is a very impressive athlete, but their MLB is the one that catches your attention. He is a stud.

I thought you were moving on to a tejas team...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

immahog

My god if I didnt kno any better I'd swear half the posters here are 8 and 9 yr olds
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

RazorPiggie

Congrats. Never seen it listed as Ajay before. Not according to the UofA or ASU or Rivals or 24/7 or Scout, sorry I didn't know Mr. Badarse.

Mike Irwin

AJ was hurt for most of last season but the decision to let him transfer was one of the biggest screw ups I saw last season. That kid can flat play. Ash said he didn't line up right. I don't care where he lined up he got to the ball and he knew how to tackle when he got there.

Uncommon

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 10, 2014, 01:33:46 pm
AJ was hurt for most of last season but the decision to let him transfer was one of the biggest screw ups I saw last season. That kid can flat play. Ash said he didn't line up right. I don't care where he lined up he got to the ball and he knew how to tackle when he got there.
Very true.  However, you need to perform off the field (showing up on time for classes/lifting sessions and keeping up grades) as well.  Mike, would you say the injury or the off the field things hampered his development/cause of transfer more?

cmiller01

Certainly a valid point considering our depth (Or lack of) at LB.

The_Boot_stops_here

agreed

ricepig

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on April 10, 2014, 01:36:55 pm
Very true.  However, you need to perform off the field (showing up on time for classes/lifting sessions and keeping up grades) as well.  Mike, would you say the injury or the off the field things hampered his development/cause of transfer more?

Yep, off field issues were the reasons for problems, not incorrect alignments.

PowderedPig

Gotta say, though.  If you can't handle your business off the field, you'd sure better line up correctly.

yraciv

So it's Ajay now? Can't say I've ever seen it as anything other than AJ. Is that pronounced ah-jay? Excuse my mistake for thinking it was just another abbreviation name

rusvegashog

I'm pretty sure it's Ayjay. On a side note I was told that DH was asked to leave Texas Tech because he scored too many points in practice.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2014, 01:39:17 pm
Yep, off field issues were the reasons for problems, not incorrect alignments.
All the way back in the spring of 2013 Turner and Otha Peters were placed down the depth chart. Those two were one of the few bright spots in the 2012 season. I asked Ash about that one day and he said he never looked at video of the previous season.

I thought that was crazy.

Anyway when talented players start dropping down the depth chart off the field issues often follow.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: rusvegashog on April 10, 2014, 04:34:10 pm
I'm pretty sure it's Ayjay. On a side note I was told that DH was asked to leave Texas Tech because he scored too many points in practice.
Turner lettered in 2012. He's listed in the press guide as A.J. Turner.

rusvegashog

Yeah I' was just being ridiculous playing off of some of the original posts. Like that his name was Ajay and that he was asked to leave practice cause he hits too hard and hurt someone. Just my lame attempt at humor. 

JayBell

A.J. Turner was definitely a bright spot as a freshman.  The potential for Arkansas to have he and Otha Peters on the field last year would have been a boon for that defense.  Too bad they were both injured.

Turner had all-SEC potential, but it doesn't seem like he or the coaches went about the situation in the best way possible.  I hope he has success on and off the field at ASU.

clutch

Stupid argument, but he definitely spells his name Ajay. Everyone else always lists him as A.J.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

yraciv

Quote from: clutch on May 05, 2014, 11:15:47 am
Stupid argument, but he definitely spells his name Ajay. Everyone else always lists him as A.J.

Those EPC guys and names. Can Rashad/Ky Madden just pick one already?

acey33

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on April 10, 2014, 12:03:49 pm

That said...There's more to being a man than playing football