Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So let me get this straight?

Started by checkraiser88, April 10, 2014, 10:50:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: The real Hogules on April 10, 2014, 11:09:33 am
Some of us would have preferred to replace a player who had a better chance of getting splinters from sitting on the bench, than he did of incurring an injury from actual game time participation with someone who could contribute THIS FALL.

What we got was an unknown that won't even see the floor for more than a year.

I'm not unhappy with CMA's decision, but it is a little bit puzzling as to why Hannahs, when he is ineligible this Fall and isn't exactly a scoring machine, nor a defensive whiz.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that some players are worth the wait, while some simply are not.

True, it would've been better to get the Harrison twins to transfer in. Real impact players.

What was MA thinking?
WPS

TT222

Dudeman

93% Ft shooter. Good to have when trying to close out close games.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

The real Hogules

Quote from: popcornhog on April 10, 2014, 10:02:36 pm
True, it would've been better to get the Harrison twins to transfer in. Real impact players.

What was MA thinking?

Maybe you can't grasp the concept of a message board, but a BIG part of message board postings is opinions and open discussion.

Oh, and I'd say that there is a wide divide between what the Harrison twins bring to the table and the help that Dusty Hannahs will be able to provide to our program in TWO years.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Pork Twain

Quote from: TT222 on April 10, 2014, 10:05:56 pm
Haha not one of my brightest moments to say the least.
Not only did you call out the owner of the board, but you were also completely wrong.  Instant classic...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MountieDawg

Quote from: GlassofSwine on April 10, 2014, 02:24:58 pm
Yeah, Kentucky type recruiting classes are not coming to Arkansas. Hannah won't be asked to be a superstar when he gets here, he will be asked to come off the bench and deliver some scoring. When he is cold and not playing well, he will probably sit on the bench but I would bet that there will be at a handful of games a year where he is a major contributor.

Players choose a coach not a University... MA needs to step us his recruiting game...
SEC!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: MountieDawg on April 11, 2014, 07:58:22 am
Players choose a coach not a University... MA needs to step us his recruiting game...
So Calipari would recruit just as well if he were coaching South Carolina Upstate?

The coach has a lot to do with recruiting. The school also has lots and lots to do with recruiting.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: mhuff on April 10, 2014, 04:59:33 pm
I know Babbs and Durham shot 43% on 3's. I believe Bell will shot better than the 33% he posted this year.
With all due respect big guy, you aren't exactly being fair with these comparisons. You're taking the 37% Hannahs shot from 3 in the B12 and comparing it to what Babb shot in high school and what Durham shot in juco? Also, you give Bell the benefit of the doubt that he'll improve his 3pt % but not give Hannahs that same courtesy?

TT222

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 11, 2014, 07:40:26 am
Not only did you call out the owner of the board, but you were also completely wrong.  Instant classic...

Nah I wasn't wrong back then, he did stay put and tried to make it work. That post is from like 2 years ago..a lot can change in that amount of time.

hogsanity

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 11, 2014, 09:29:34 am
So Calipari would recruit just as well if he were coaching South Carolina Upstate?

The coach has a lot to do with recruiting. The school also has lots and lots to do with recruiting.

I basketball a good recruiter can turn a "small" program into a title contender.  With the NCAAT being wide open, yea, someone that can recruit like Crapilari can could go to a school like scus and make some noise.  Would he recruit just as well as at KY?  doubtful, but he really would not have to, just get one or 2 good recruits.  It is not like football where you need to have 20-30 really good players.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on April 10, 2014, 02:36:27 pm
Having 2 decent outside shooting threats will lessen the time teams play zone against us. That will in turn open up our offense and allow us to decrease those horrendous scoring lulls we always have.

We had many guys this season who shot around the same % as Hannahs.  Madden, Clarke, Wade, Haydar, Gulley, and Qualls all shot around the same % as Hannahs did this past season. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: TT222 on April 11, 2014, 10:26:00 am
Nah I wasn't wrong back then, he did stay put and tried to make it work. That post is from like 2 years ago..a lot can change in that amount of time.
My bad for not checking the date.  Someone did some real digging there
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkSoda

Quote from: azhog10 on April 10, 2014, 11:21:11 am
People aren't really complaining about getting Hannahs. They are just complaining bc they don't like the coach. Before the news on Hannahs was announced, there was a ton of folks saying we should get him because he is better than Wagner and he can shoot. Now that we got him, folks are complaining bc he will have to sit out a year and he doesn't add anything more than what Haydar did for this team. So they say Haydar was a walk-on therefore we are getting walk-on material. However they refuse to acknowledge that Haydar would have been on scholarship if needed. But he's a freak genius and was on an academic scholarship that allowed the basketball team to use that scholly elsewhere. So we label him a walk-on because it makes CMA sound more inept as a coach and recruiter since we have a "walk-on" playing a decent amount of minutes for a coach who has been here for 3 years.......

Typical hogville logic.
errr, I don't think you can do that
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 11, 2014, 03:32:04 pm
We had many guys this season who shot around the same % as Hannahs.  Madden, Clarke, Wade, Haydar, Gulley, and Qualls all shot around the same % as Hannahs did this past season.
4 of those 6 are already gone and no less than 5 of the 6 will be gone by the time Hannahs is eligible.

You might as well mention Pat Bradley with those guys b/c outside threats who are no longer on campus don't really factor in at this point.

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: Porkatarian on April 10, 2014, 03:00:24 pm
It looks like we'll get one of those four.  Coach A knows what he's doing.

Porkatarian out...

I graduated HS at Conway with King's dad, Leroy.  He was a very good player all his own. For that reason alone I would like for him to be a Hog, let alone the fact he is a very good player in his own right!