Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What was the single loudest moment...

Started by peckerwood#3, April 10, 2014, 10:16:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

peckerwood#3

So I was just watching our highlights from the 2010 Bama game, and I still get chills after seeing the Mallett to Wingo TD on the 2nd play of the game. I can remember watching it on tv and being blown away by how loud our crowd was. Even though the end result of that game didn't go in our favor, I'm very jealous that I didn't get to experience that single moment live in person. So just curious, what are some of the loudest moments you guys have ever heard RRS live in person? and I'm not talking loud like yay we scored, I mean ears ringing LOUD... lol

Mike Shelton

I was at the Ark / Tx game in the bleachers seated in the inzone when Matt Jones was our QB. Single handedly the GREATEST game atmosphere I have ever been to. It was so LOUD I couldn't hear myself think or talk. Sucks we lost though :(

linkshog

This.  It was so cool to hear the roar grow when he broke past the safties.  Still one of my favorite highlights of his.  Hate that it was followed by the Trindon Holliday KO return for a TD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JOefOOWtis

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

PowderedPig

Easily the best atmosphere I've personally seen in RRS.

peckerwood#3

Yea, Dmac's 80 yarder against LSU in 06 is another one I would have liked to have seen live.

southhog

2004 texas game. Matt Jones to Carlos Ousley

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: peckerwood#3 on April 10, 2014, 10:16:57 am
So I was just watching our highlights from the 2010 Bama game, and I still get chills after seeing the Mallett to Wingo TD on the 2nd play of the game. I can remember watching it on tv and being blown away by how loud our crowd was. Even though the end result of that game didn't go in our favor, I'm very jealous that I didn't get to experience that single moment live in person. So just curious, what are some of the loudest moments you guys have ever heard RRS live in person? and I'm not talking loud like yay we scored, I mean ears ringing LOUD... lol

Jones to Birmingham in the Miracle on Markham got pretty loud.

DefenseslessNUN

I still tell everyone I meet to this day about that Alabama game. We were lined up for over a mile outside of the stadium the night before. The cheering never stopped.

Another time while I was in school when the crowd went crazy was in 2007 vs. South Carolina.

DMAC ran for like 320 yards. On one play specifically I remember he had 3 or 4 defenders on him while he carried the pile for another 5 yards and the crowd went berserk.   

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Texas 04. Hillis as a true freshman runs in for our first score. I probably listened to Paul call that play 100 times on the arsn website

rljjr

For me, if you are talking beginning to end nuts, it had to be the 81 game when we thrashed #1 (ha) Texas. It was a constant fever pitch. Left that game unable to speak.

LZH

When Jones hit Birmingham in the endzone at the end of the LSU game in '02, that was the single loudest noise at a ball game I have ever heard in my life.

Henry Hogsome

RRS was the 1999 tenn game. WMS was the 2010 Lsu game. I was deaf the next day after those games. #WPS

goodguytex

Top 5 I was a part of...
1. 2004 texass game without a doubt
2. 1999 Tennessee game
3. 2010 Bama game
4. 2007 South Carolina game
5. 2011 Tennessee game... When Adams ran that punt all over the field and wound up scoring... Everyone went completely nuts and stayed that way rest of the game. I hear the 2011 South Carolina game was very loud too, as was the 2011 auburn game.

MJ2

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 10, 2014, 11:18:50 am
When Jones hit Birmingham in the endzone at the end of the LSU game in '02, that was the single loudest noise at a ball game I have ever heard in my life.
Agree

mevskithog

This would make a great youtube compilation.

PowderedPig

Not in RRS, but the blocked punt at the end of the Sugar Bowl...

...that was one of the most intense moments ever for me as a fan. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: rljjr on April 10, 2014, 11:14:25 am
For me, if you are talking beginning to end nuts, it had to be the 81 game when we thrashed #1 (ha) Texas. It was a constant fever pitch. Left that game unable to speak.

Works for me. :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Inhogswetrust

I couldn't remember the year so thanks that was a good one!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

chitwnhog

Agreed..I left the game in the same condition.

thebignasty

1999 Tennessee and 2010 Alabama are the best atmospheres I've been at.  Place blew apart at the seams on that Stoerner to Lucas touchdown late.

mhsbc59

WMS vs. Kentucky 1998 loudest start to finish ever i have been to all the other loud ones talked about in here as well
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

hawgsalot

Same here it was one heck of a roar!

swinemaster

Both the 2010 Alabama and 2004 Texas games were the loudest at one point I've ever heard and the quietest.  :'(

2006 or '07 (i can't remember) Tennessee when Dmac went off was pretty insane as well.  Gameday buildup all day.  It was one of the few Hog games I've ever been to when I had no doubt going in we were going to mop up a tough SEC opponent.

pigroots

Teddy Barnes south end zone in WMS in about 1975. Sounded like a literal explosion when he came down with that ball. Still get excited all these years later thinking about it

pigroots

1977 or 79 when #1 Texas missed a field goal that would have tied it on the games last play would be in there somewhere also.

thesmalltownhog95

Adams return against Tenner. The "Houdini" return

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: pigroots on April 10, 2014, 01:20:52 pm
1977 or 79 when #1 Texas missed a field goal that would have tied it on the games last play would be in there somewhere also.

1979.  I was sitting in the south ez so the kick was headed our way. A full bottle of booze exploded off the crossbar when it came up short and on the way through the parking lot, I saw a guy dancing on a cop car slip off and Theisman his leg.  Can still see that bone and the sick look on his face.   

BigBen

I was at the Adams punt return game and that was by far the loudest I've heard the stadium. I haven't been to a whole lot of games but that was crazy. Everyone was moaning and groaning when he was dancing around and running backwards but when he broke down the sideline that place exploded. I will never forget how loud that moment was.

zebra

99 Tennessee- Stoerner redemption, before the end zone was closed, but crazy loud.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on April 10, 2014, 10:56:44 am
Jones to Birmingham in the Miracle on Markham got pretty loud.

This..!

I lived on Cedar St. In little rock, at the time, and ran outside to see if I could hear the crowd, and Yes..! From a couple of miles away you could hear the roar. I saw more than a few neighbors doing the same. There were many shouts of Pig Sooie, Hell Yeah etc...

+1 OP great thread..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cresthog

Quote from: PowderedPig on April 10, 2014, 11:55:01 am
Not in RRS, but the blocked punt at the end of the Sugar Bowl...

...that was one of the most intense moments ever for me as a fan. 

This. Woke me up from a full blackout slumber. Was seriously insane.

Hollywood_HOGan45

2010 Alabama, 04 Texas, and 99 Tennessee. David Barrett blew the place up after breaking up martins pass.

Fayettevillian

April 10, 2014, 02:44:18 pm #32 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:18:26 pm by Fayettevillian
Ive been to every home game since 2004 and believe the 2010 Alabama game was the loudest.  The loudest I've ever heard our fan base was when we played #2 Oklahoma and Blake Griffin in Bud Walton.  It was so loud in there it was deafening, could hear my ears squeaking. Oklahoma didn't stand a chance that day.  I imagine our glory days were similar.

arkfan81

April 10, 2014, 03:08:03 pm #33 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:49:00 pm by arkfan81
 :razorback:
Have faith...

DLUXHOG

The 2010 Alabama game was the most amazing environment I think I have ever been in......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

razorhog52

2002 vs. Alabama just before Shaud Williams took it to the house. Of course, it may have seemed especially loud compared to 10 seconds later :)

tphigh2001

2010 Bama game I swear the whole stadium was swaying. My favorite was the Florida game where about a third of the stadium was flowing out of the stadium and Matt Jones started the come back. For the crowd size it was LOUD and everyone was stomping the bleachers until that terrible unsportsmanlike call!

Tooth

This. I was there. It was almost as loud on Dickson after.

bcdrules

2010 Bama game was the loudest game ever. One of the best and worst games ever.

Uncommon

I'm a youngin' so for me here have been the loudest moments so far in attending games:
1. 2010 Alabama ("Fast Start") -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74W1nvoQlSY&t=1m36s

2. 2010 LSU ("They'll Probably Take a Knee Here...") -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzeg2w309h8&t=14m58s

3. 2011 Tennessee ("Joe My God") -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItCxh_eWhMU&t=1m42s

4. 2013 Texas A&M ("Deatrich's Sack") -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3gLYAd4F_0&t=54m28s

lrhog2007

2010 Bama.  Hands down.  It was not only loud for the moment of the touchdown, it was loud the entire break after the touchdown.  Amazing atmosphere.  The music, timing, video board work that year is something we need to recreate again as well.

fieldturf

The 98 Bama game was pretty loud when we blew them out 42-10 or something like that! 

popcornhog

That Bama game may have been the loudest I've ever attended at DWRRS.

That said, I've experienced greater deafening noise at Jordan-Hare, Bryant-Denny, and Tiger Stadium. The noise level in those places can truly ring the bell.
WPS

MissippHog

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 10, 2014, 11:40:07 am
RRS was the 1999 tenn game. WMS was the 2010 Lsu game. I was deaf the next day after those games. #WPS
These are the exact two I was going to say.  Lucas's TD and Barrett's deflection....it was LOUD!  And at WMS, when Cobi scored at half, it was pure pandelirium!

pigbacon

I'll always stand by my word that the loudest I've heard RRS was 2003 vs Florida. We were coming back, only about 35,000 left in the stands, then Bua was flagged for a late hit. The crowd that stayed around went crazy as we were coming back. Matt Jones always gave you that hope that it wasn't over til the final second ticked off the clock.

jkstock04

That was the loudest I have ever experienced...and as far as pre game atmosphere? I have never experienced any other Razorback game like that. That was a huge game for us...which of course we lost but that's another story.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogfan58

The '81 Texas game was the loudest, wildest from beginning to end loud crowd I've ever been a part of. I had graduated the year before and came back for the game with a friend. I had been telling him how crazy it got for Texas games, but this was beyond insane, since we somehow got tix in the student section.

I had also told him about Dickson St.....we went there after the game and it was chaos. Riot cops, students who had torn down the goal post were carrying them the street, by that night the cops were using hoses to keep the students under control. I had NEVER seen anything like that and my friend kept telling me how great it was.....
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

searkhogfan

Loudest game start to finish for me was '89 Arkansas/Houston at WMS.  Quinn Grovey vs Andre Ware. I was hoarse & my ears rang for 2 days after that game.

LZH

Quote from: searkhogfan on April 11, 2014, 06:23:40 am
Loudest game start to finish for me was '89 Arkansas/Houston at WMS.  Quinn Grovey vs Andre Ware. I was hoarse & my ears rang for 2 days after that game.

I was hoarse, too.  Great freekin game.

ATU HOG

Alabama in 2010 was insane.  I was a sophomore in college, but not at U of A.  Decided to transfer to U of A in 2011.

Tennessee in 2011 was pretty crazy too.  It was a highlight reel game for Joe Adams and Jarius Wright.  Also they played Thunderstruck in the stadium when we were on offense (dumb I know) during a timeout.  Well we had to quiet down, and next play Joe took the pitch all the way for about 90 yards.  Place was already pumped, took it too another level.