Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big news for BB Hogs (Dusty Hannah)

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 09, 2014, 07:59:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stacking

SWISH! raining 3s on the SEC fo-evah

sowmonella

Very good news. Thanks RD. Can you give us info on his skill sets?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

MGB1229

Quote from: sowmonella on April 09, 2014, 08:14:12 pm
Very good news. Thanks RD. Can you give us info on his skill sets?

This shows you what kind of shooter we are getting. Even though it's not in a game it's still pretty impressive.

http://youtu.be/JST_yNwRnY8

sowmonella

Quote from: MGB1229 on April 09, 2014, 08:21:46 pm
This shows you what kind of shooter we are getting. Even though it's not in a game it's still pretty impressive.

Thanks. Looks like a young Blake Eddins.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

tophawg19

he is the 3 point shooting white boy we have been needing . Divor  Rimoc, Pat Bradley , Warren Linn , Etc. Guys who all gave us a lift here and there . just kidding about the white boy part but we do need a shooter who can bust a zone . hopefully he is that guy . Welcome and Glad to have you in Razorback RED - Welcome home
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Granny

Will he be a walk on or scholarship player?

Hawg Red

HawgnCorona

He should do well here. And he will have opportunities to knock down plenty of open 3's in this system.

Oh, and my favorite is the pull up 3 on the fast break--it takes guts. Especially if     you miss the shot you know where you will be if you do... 8)

Anyway, Welcome home Dusty. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Adam Stokes

It'll help balance the classes a little as well since he has to sit out a year.  He'll now be set to graduate around the same projected time as Portis/Kingsley.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Adam Stokes on April 09, 2014, 10:10:23 pm
It'll help balance the classes a little as well since he has to sit out a year.  He'll now be set to graduate around the same projected time as Portis/Kingsley.

He's a year ahead of them.

Temprees

Quote from: NLRHog92 on April 10, 2014, 12:08:19 am
He's a year ahead of them.
Correct, but after Dusty sits out in the 2014-15 season, the three (Kingsley, Portis and Hannah) will all be juniors in the 2015-16 season.

gmarv

do you guys think this means were done recruiting wise ??

The Hogfather

Quote from: gmarv on April 10, 2014, 07:27:58 am
do you guys think this means were done recruiting wise ??

I would hope so.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: MGB1229 on April 09, 2014, 08:21:46 pm

I missed it. I was watching the blonde walking around.

DeltaBoy

Best news I heard this week.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

outlawhogeywells

Saw earlier in the week we were recruiting a JUCO forward.  Think his last name is Henry. 

Scott7703

Happy to have Mr Hannah. He fits a need and will make an impact in my opinion. Also like to see all these guys (Harris, gulley, and now hannah) coming back home.

Hawg Red

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on April 10, 2014, 09:23:57 am
Saw earlier in the week we were recruiting a JUCO forward.  Think his last name is Henry.

He doesn't seem to be as much of a target as originally thought. He did say he was choosing between Arkansas and Virginia Tech, but Dudley Dawson claims he does not have an offer and another poster said the staff has not seen him play live. With Hannahs taking Wagner's spot, it would appear Mr. Henry will not join the fold. Maybe that changes if a forward moves on but that doesn't appear to be happening. Henry did sound like a pretty good player for our system, though.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Reminds me of a white Wes Welker...er wait...a white Larry Bird.

Good pick up for the Hogs.  Let's hope he gets hot every game and rains 3's.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: mhuff on April 10, 2014, 10:43:58 am
Hawg Red, he will not be here to play until year after next. Between now and then we should have better shooters galore..... or CMA can't recruit. Go figure it. Good luck to the young man, but this does not make a lick of sense..... Our program needs better decision makers. This is an ASU pick at best. If he wanted to come home as a walkon, that would have been great. If he is on scholarship, CMA, can't recruit a lick. Henry made a lot more sense than Dusty. Henry is a well rounded player who can play great defense. He needs to work on his FT shooting, but most players are lacking as well.

I am sure Dusty will be a fine representative for the university. I am excited for him, but this is another Wagner type decision. Sorry guys but I do not see this one. That is just one man's opinion that in the great scheme of things doesn't mean sqat.

Worst case: Look down at the end of the bench and see Hannahs instead of Wagner. Upgrade.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hatleyville454

Hawg Red, he will not be here to play until year after next. Between now and then we should have better shooters galore..... or CMA can't recruit. Go figure it. Good luck to the young man, but this does not make a lick of sense..... Our program needs better decision makers. This is an ASU pick at best. If he wanted to come home as a walkon, that would have been great. If he is on scholarship, CMA, can't recruit a lick. Henry made a lot more sense than Dusty. Henry is a well rounded player who can play great defense. He needs to work on his FT shooting, but most players are lacking as well.

I am sure Dusty will be a fine representative for the university. I am excited for him, but this is another Wagner type decision. Sorry guys but I do not see this one. That is just one man's opinion that in the great scheme of things doesn't mean sqat.

We are in need of Guards more so than Forwards. We only have two returning next year. Three coming in - two freshmen, and one JUCO, all unproven. So taking a proven transfer from a major conference seems like a good decision to me, even if it is a year away. Dusty is a solid pickup, better than Henry IMO. The only forward that I would have gotten excited about/taken over Dusty, would have been Atwood.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 10, 2014, 09:48:05 am
He doesn't seem to be as much of a target as originally thought. He did say he was choosing between Arkansas and Virginia Tech, but Dudley Dawson claims he does not have an offer and another poster said the staff has not seen him play live. With Hannahs taking Wagner's spot, it would appear Mr. Henry will not join the fold. Maybe that changes if a forward moves on but that doesn't appear to be happening. Henry did sound like a pretty good player for our system, though.

No room for Henry with Qualls, Williams, Miles and Harris there. Williams with 2 years in the system is a better option than Henry coming in and learning from scratch anyway IMO.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

secneahog

Reminds me of mike miller.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

azhog10

Quote from: mhuff on April 10, 2014, 11:19:49 am
+1    I agree that Atwood would have been a good pick up. However, I am not sure that Dusty is better than Wagner.... all around. I think Wagner got the shaft. CMA decided that he was going and that's that. I think we didn't get some La. prospects which may have entered into the equation.
Huff, come on now. In no way is Wagner better than Hannahs. CMA had no reason not to give Wagner a fair shake. CMA was ridiculed by many about the signing of Wagner and CMA would have loved nothing more than Wagner to be able to come in, contribute, and prove all those folks wrong. I do not see CMA giving Wagner the short end of the stick on purpose. That's just ridiculous.

azhog10

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 10, 2014, 11:12:59 am
This is what I think, too.  I would much rather have a guy like Henry at this point.
If you think we are done with personnel chnages/movements you would be wrong. Not saying you will be seeing anything in the coming days, but from what I've heard the staff isn't done looking. Obviously if htey find something then things would have to change with our current scholly holders.

Hawg Red

I honestly can't believe you're acting like this. You say this is "another Wagner type decision." Are you saying you think Wagner could contribute to the level Dusty did at Tech despite the fact that we had Manny Watkins, a freshman walk-on, playing only 10 less minutes than Wagner? I don't buy it. Hannahs isn't an All-SEC talent but he's a serviceable back-up guard. I think he'll prove to be a contributor, where Dee Wagner contributed next to nothing outside of that Syracuse game as a freshman.

cmiller01

Anyone know why wasn't a Hog in the first place?

Big Nasty 34

Hannahs had more 3s in one game than Wagner had in 2 years. I'll take it.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: sowmonella on April 09, 2014, 08:28:47 pm
Thanks. Looks like a young Blake Eddins.

Goodness I hope not. I think he will be better than a 2.5ppg and 30% 3 point shooter.

NLRHog92

Quote from: cmiller01 on April 10, 2014, 01:43:26 pm

Coach A went with Bell instead. But hey, now he got to develop at another school in a good conference and we have them both!

NLRHog92

Quote from: Hog Nutt on April 10, 2014, 08:25:22 am
I missed it. I was watching the blonde walking around.

I take it you were a big Petrino fan?  8)

Hawg Red

Quote from: cmiller01 on April 10, 2014, 01:43:26 pm

Was not offered. As mentioned, Anderson went with Bell as they're very similar players. And I don't necessarily blame him for it, either. And Hannahs might have been a Hog from the start if he had waited to sign but he had already signed with Texas Tech when Anderson decided to offer Dee Wagner a scholarship after we missed out of several center prospects. If Anderson had known he'd have had that extra spot, me might have offered it to Dusty.

Hawg Red

Quote from: mhuff on April 10, 2014, 04:27:04 pm
Wagner was not given a fair shot in my book. I thought he deserved more PT. I remember him handling himself well and not turning the ball over especially his freshman year. Dusty got 20 minutes a game. CMA buried Wagner on the bench. I will be interested to see what kind of player Wagner turns out to be at his next school.

I just don't see a pressing need that Dusty will fill. It's that simple. Shoot anybody who plays for the Hogs I wish well. I just scratch my head sometimes.

That Dee Wagner could not see ANY meaningful minutes in a season in which we BADLY needed a PG play was very, very telling.

Dee is a good kid, but he wasn't cut out for SEC ball.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: mhuff on April 10, 2014, 04:33:37 pm
I am not sure that Dusty is the defensive player that Wagner is. I do not believe Wagner got a fair deal. I mean if you don't want a player....just don't let him play. I thought two years ago Wagner handled the team well when he was in the game. How many minutes will Dusty get a game? Will there be a drop off when he goes in the game. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Dusty got 20 minutes a game.

Please say this again.  FYI, dee got into one game for meaningful minutes his freshman ear. Ma has brought better and better talent in here and... Dee just wasn't working out or he would have played ok?

lumphog

96% from the line . . . . . That's impressive. Coach Crawford said on DTS that Dusty can do it ALL. IF he can drive to the basket & get fouled....Money in the bank.

TMc

Now there's a shooter.  You can tell by his form and release.

The Hogfather

Big Nasty 34

He's more of a shooter than anything we have now, then...

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 10, 2014, 08:17:09 pm
A 37% shooter.

Ranks second on the team when added to returning players. Hannahs is a 3 point threat.

poloprince

Quote from: lumphog on April 10, 2014, 07:16:57 pm
96% from the line . . . . . That's impressive. Coach Crawford said on DTS that Dusty can do it ALL. IF he can drive to the basket & get fouled....Money in the bank.

Do not believe Crawford.
$PoLoPrInCe$

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: poloprince on April 10, 2014, 11:11:36 pm
Do not believe Crawford.

Well that is stupid on your part. Crawford knows Talent.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 11, 2014, 05:22:25 pm
No he doesn't.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Porked Tongue

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 11, 2014, 05:22:25 pm

He knows how to talk.

Danny J

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 11, 2014, 08:17:36 pm
No he doesn't.

Lol my god so his comments about Hannah, Beard, Portis, and Madden even back to Collins are wrong. Clearly stupidity has been unleashed.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 10, 2014, 10:25:51 pm

The heck with his 3-pt %.  There were times this season we needed somebody to just make a friggin layup!
Ranks second on the team when added to returning players. Hannahs is a 3 point threat.