Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dusty to transfer to Arkansas

Started by 870hogfan, April 09, 2014, 07:53:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

"@D_Hannahs: After much thought throughout this process, I have decided to transfer to the University of Arkansas and become a Razorback! #WPS"

He just announced on Twitter.

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

pigture perfect

Wow. I like it. Is he going to be on scholly or walk on?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

immahog

My bet is he gets Dee Wagner's scholly
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

WilsonHog

Welcome! Great to have Dusty as a Hog!

downsouthhawg72

DownSouthHawg

Porked Tongue

Dark Helmet Hog

rusvegashog

nextlevel

I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Porked Tongue

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

nextlevel

Quote from: Karma on April 09, 2014, 08:16:59 pm
Dude can shoot.

Percentage wise, he would be a good ways down the list on last year's team behind several including Kingsley from behind the arc...

ell oh ell

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:19:39 pm
Percentage wise, he would be a good ways down the list on last year's team behind several including Kingsley from behind the arc...
I've watched him play 30 times. Dude can shoot. He's a slightly better Anthlon Bell.

Hammibal Lecter

I'll reserve judgement, but I think he'll be a haydar type guy. Middling minutes and scoring with a breakout here and there.
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

nextlevel

Quote from: Karma on April 09, 2014, 08:21:03 pm
I've watched him play 30 times. Dude can shoot. He's a slightly better Anthlon Bell.

Hannahs averaged 7.7 PPG and shot 37 percent from three at Texas Tech this past season, 37 percent is decent but not an elite percentage from behind the arc by a player who averaged 7.7 a game.

ell oh ell

Pork Twain

Fayettechill14

HANNAHS    BELL
PPG, 2014              8.4           4.4
PPG, 2013              7.7           7.2

3FG%, 2014           37%         31%
3FG%, 2013           37%         33%

Seems like a good addition to me.

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:24:50 pm
Hannahs averaged 7.7 PPG and shot 37 percent from three at Texas Tech this past season, 37 percent is decent but not an elite percentage from behind the arc by a player who averaged 7.7 a game.
I don't disagree. But he is a great shooter. If he gets an open look, they go in.

Fayettechill14

Moses Kingsley was 1 of 2 from behind the arc last year. If that's not sarcasm then it's probably the most misleading post in Hogville history, which is saying something.

CDBHawg

You willing to say Moses is a better 3 point shooter?

nextlevel

Quote from: Karma on April 09, 2014, 08:29:24 pm
I don't disagree. But he is a great shooter. If he gets an open look, they go in.

He will have to work on his defense to fill more than a role of giving Bell and Babb a breather when he becomes eligible.

He isn't a Bradley or Divor Rimac type guy, more of a Rotnei Clarke with height.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 09, 2014, 08:37:18 pm
You willing to say Moses is a better 3 point shooter?

50% on his career.

% wise he is, there is no argument other wise.

ell oh ell

chiefhawg

It helps to provide continuity at the position. Dusty sits next year and will play 15-16 and 16-17. If Bell stays he will be Jr 14-15 and Sr 15-16

CDBHawg

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:38:28 pm
50% on his career.

% wise he is, there is no argument other wise.

Nice dodge.

nextlevel

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 09, 2014, 08:40:07 pm
Nice dodge.

What dodge?

Read the original statement, get a dictionary if you need help.

ell oh ell

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:37:45 pm
He will have to work on his defense to fill more than a role of giving Bell and Babb a breather when he becomes eligible.

He isn't a Bradley or Divor Rimac type guy, more of a Rotnei Clarke with height.
You love numbers. Bell is a career 32% three point shooter. Plus, Hannah is as good of an athlete as Bell.

Fayettechill14

Best single-season 3-point shooting percentage under Mike Anderson (min. 25 attempts)

1. Mardracus Wade, 2012   48%
2. Coty Clarke, 2014          43%
3. Kikko Haydar, 2014       43%
4. Mardracus Wade, 2014   42%
5. Rashad Madden, 2014    40%
6. BJ Young, 2013             40%
7. Kikko Haydar, 2013       39%
Dusty Hannahs, 2014      37%
Dusty Hannahs, 2013      37%

Move the 25-attempt minimum to 50 attempts (which is 1.5 per game) and you eliminate a couple ahead of him. Not bad at all.

jry04

You guys should keep in mind it was 7.7 ppg in probably the deepest league in the country...

16 points vs Iowa State, 10 vs OU and Kansas, 14 vs Kstate, 25 @WVU, 14 vs WVU...

Of course he has some poor games as well, but it was only his second year, and can clearly score against superior competition.

Uncommon

April 09, 2014, 08:45:13 pm #31 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:58:08 pm by BeastBack 50
So this will most likely be our team next season:
2014 Arkansas Razorbacks
1 Redshirt Senior
Alandise Harris

1 Senior
Rashad Madden

1 Redshirt Junior
Keaton Miles

5 Juniors
Anthlon Bell
Jabril Durham
Dusty Hannahs
Michael Qualls
Jacorey Williams

2 Sophomores
Moses Kingsley
Bobby Portis

3 Freshmen
Nick Babb
Anton Beard
Trey Thompson

My attempt at a Postion Breakdown
3 PG
Anton Beard
Jabril Durham
Rashad Madden

3 SG
Nick Babb
Anthlon Bell
Dusty Hannahs

3 SF
Keaton Miles
Michael Qualls
Jacorey Williams

2 PF
Alandise Harris
Trey Thompson

2 C
Moses Kingsley
Bobby Portis

Beaverfever

Fayettechill14

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:42:19 pm
What dodge?

That's why we generally assume a "minimum attempts," otherwise Brian Buehner is the most accurate QB in Arkansas history and Charlie Henderson (1-1) is the best 3-point shooter.

nextlevel

ell oh ell

Fayettechill14

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:47:10 pm
LOL.

I'm hoping that your analysis isn't taking objective data such as "Moses Kingsley's numbers suggest he is a solid 3-point shooter" into effect.

CDBHawg

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:42:19 pm
What dodge?

Keep side stepping. You have no argument here. Hannahs will be a nice addition to our team.

Quote from: nextlevel on April 09, 2014, 08:47:10 pm
LOL.
I suspect you are judging on their respective races. I've watched them play.

Beaverfever

He should get Aaron Ross to come with him.  He'd be like a 25 year old sophomore when he finally took the floor.  Everyone's been saying we need some men. 

nextlevel

Quote from: Karma on April 09, 2014, 08:52:52 pm
I've watched them play.

As have I.

Hannahs doesn't have near the speed, athleticism, or defensive ability of Bell.

ell oh ell

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 09, 2014, 08:55:29 pm
He should get Aaron Ross to come with him.  He'd be like a 25 year old sophomore when he finally took the floor.  Everyone's been saying we need some men. 
Those two are very close.

rude1

We continue to stockpile role players, sorry but this isn't the type of talent that's going to keep you playing on into March.

yraciv

Great deal.  He has experience playing AAU ball with a lot of his teammates. He may not have the best 3 pt numbers, but he is the best peremiter shooter on this team.  For those who think he is a Kiko clone, he is not.  He is a better shooter, has better size, is a better athlete than you'll expect, and isn't afraid to try and score at the basket. He was the designated shooter on a bad Texas Tech team and got swarmed the last couple seasons.  He'll be able to get much better looks here and he isn't near as streaky as Anthlon Bell.

Quote from: yraciv on April 09, 2014, 08:59:57 pm
Great deal.  He has experience playing AAU ball with a lot of his teammates. He may not have the best 3 pt numbers, but he is the best peremiter shooter on this team.  For those who think he is a Kiko clone, he is not.  He is a better shooter, has better size, is a better athlete than you'll expect, and isn't afraid to try and score at the basket. He was the designated shooter on a bad Texas Tech team and got swarmed the last couple seasons.  He'll be able to get much better looks here and he isn't near as streaky as Anthlon Bell.
They'll learn for themselves.

Hawg Red

Dusty Hannahs may not be as athletic as Anthlon Bell (though he very well could be), but he's easily as athletic as Pat Bradley, who had no problem playing in a very similar system. And, no, I'm not suggesting Hannahs has the prolific career from behind the arc that Bradley did -- just that they're similar size-wise and athletically.

This is a great addition to the Hogs. Good kid, good student, good shooter, will contribute. That's all you can ask at this stage. Good job, staff.

-Blu

Quote from: rude1 on April 09, 2014, 08:56:33 pm
We continue to stockpile role players, sorry but this isn't the type of talent that's going to keep you playing on into March.

Gotta have role players, everybody can't be the "key guy".

And besides we got our "key players" in Madden, Qualls, and Portis.  Kingsley could turn himself into being one of the "key" guys as well.  And we expect Anton Beard to one of those guys too.

I'm more than satisfied with what our coaching staff has done with this recruiting class, we've address every single need that we have, and looking like we're going to be a stronger team in the 2014-2015 season for sure.

-Needed better guard play and a PG - Brought in the best PG in the state, one of the best guards in the Dallas area, and a 20+ PPG JUCO guard.

-Needed another PF/C to allow more of Kingsley and Portis together to back them up - Brought in Trey Thompson, who's the best big man in state.

-Needed some shooters - Jabril Durham 40%+, Dusty Hannahs 37%, and I believe Babb shoots in the 40s as well, from what I read, I'd have to double check.

We've addressed all needs with quality guys that fit our system, can't ask for much better than that.

nextlevel

Quote from: Karma on April 09, 2014, 09:03:23 pm
They'll learn for themselves.

LOL, this is getting up there with the Kane Whithurst being the next Wes Welker talk, only on HV...

ell oh ell

Hawg Red

Is nextlevel being for real with that Kingsley post?

Man.....

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on April 09, 2014, 09:05:59 pm
Gotta have role players, everybody can't be the "key guy".

And besides we got our "key players" in Madden, Qualls, and Portis.  Kingsley could turn himself into being one of the "key" guys as well.  And we expect Anton Beard to one of those guys too.

I'm more than satisfied with what our coaching staff has done with this recruiting class, we've address every single need that we have, and looking like we're going to be a stronger team in the 2014-2015 season for sure.

-Needed better guard play and a PG - Brought in the best PG in the state, one of the best guards in the Dallas area, and a 20+ PPG JUCO guard.

-Needed another PF/C to allow more of Kingsley and Portis together to back them up - Brought in Trey Thompson, who's the best big man in state.

-Needed some shooters - Jabril Durham 40%+, Dusty Hannahs 37%, and I believe Babb shoots in the 40s as well, from what I read, I'd have to double check.

We've addressed all needs with quality guys that fit our system, can't ask for much better than that.

Spot. On.

chiefhawg

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 09, 2014, 08:55:29 pm
This may sound mean but with two injured knees.