Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin D & Lebron J.

Started by downsouthhawg72, April 09, 2014, 07:32:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

downsouthhawg72

Would it be scary to have Kevin Durant & Lebron James on the same team. That's a combination I think could really dominate for awhile. Throw in a good PG that could shoot & good role players then that team probably would be deathly.
DownSouthHawg

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Dr. Starcs

Knowing Lebron, he'll probably take his talents to okc

downsouthhawg72

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 09, 2014, 07:46:22 pm
Would prefer Bird & Magic

That's a good combo also but back in those days no superstar like them would ever consider playing with each other because they always wanted to be better & beat the other guy.
DownSouthHawg

downsouthhawg72

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 09, 2014, 07:50:58 pm
Knowing Lebron, he'll probably take his talents to okc

That's funny
DownSouthHawg

rusvegashog

It would be unfair is what it would be and I would hate it.

Beaverfever

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on April 09, 2014, 07:32:34 pm
That's a combination I think could really dominate for awhile.
Don't go too far out on the limb.

sasnakrafan

Team USA? We did win gold. . . Just Sayin'

popcornhog

Quote from: rusvegashog on April 09, 2014, 08:11:13 pm
It would be unfair is what it would be and I would hate it.

Unfair?!?!

This makes zero sense. If a team could sign them both without exceeding the cap and/or pay the applicable luxury taxes, what in the world would be unfair about it?
WPS

hvsupastar

Quote from: popcornhog on April 09, 2014, 11:03:50 pm
Unfair?!?!

This makes zero sense. If a team could sign them both without exceeding the cap and/or pay the applicable luxury taxes, what in the world would be unfair about it?

Really?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

popcornhog

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 09, 2014, 11:06:07 pm
Really?

Yeah, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what would be unfair about putting the best two players together.

It would really suck for other teams, but I how would it be unfair?

Maybe I'm missing something or not understanding the context of what is meant here by "fair."
WPS

sickboy

Quote from: popcornhog on April 09, 2014, 11:31:54 pm
Yeah, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what would be unfair about putting the best two players together.

Maybe I'm missing something or not understanding the context of what is meant here by "fair."

It wouldn't be unfair at all. It isn't personal... It's business.

latrops

Quote from: popcornhog on April 09, 2014, 11:31:54 pm

I suspect that was the point, that it would be unfair to the rest of the league.  That it isn't against the rules is fine, but every team would give KD and LJ max contracts to play for them.  Ideally, they don't play together as the NBA is more interesting when there are rivalries with near equal shots of winning.   

popcornhog

Quote from: latrops on April 10, 2014, 06:57:49 am
I suspect that was the point, that it would be unfair to the rest of the league.  That it isn't against the rules is fine, but every team would give KD and LJ max contracts to play for them.  Ideally, they don't play together as the NBA is more interesting when there are rivalries with near equal shots of winning.

Yeah, "boring," "stupid," "bad for the game" would've made more sense than "unfair."
WPS

Fatty McGee

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on April 09, 2014, 07:52:13 pm
That's a good combo also but back in those days no superstar like them would ever consider playing with each other because they always wanted to be better & beat the other guy.

That's because they joined teams that already had superstars.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

rusvegashog

Unfair skill wise. I don't want to see the two greatest players on the planet, by a long shot, on the same team together.  Arguably two of the biggest "athletic freaks" that basketball has ever seen on the same team together would be unfair, it would be ridiculous, it would be stupid. All turn of phrases meaning just go ahead and give them the rings now, but not unfair in the sense that if your a team that can get both of them than by all means.