Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E.K Franks named Director of Recruiting

Started by Fayettechill14, April 09, 2014, 05:12:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 11, 2014, 11:00:16 pm
https://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1630457

I think you will see why we hired this guy.

Wow....this article is amazing.   Absolutely amazing. He is going to be a stud recruiter for us!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

nextlevel

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on April 13, 2014, 09:30:28 pm
After seeing the Chris Hauser hire and now the E.K. Franks hire for this position of Director of Recruiting...

looking back it makes the hiring of Jessica Durrell even more odd now doesn't it?

I think most fans at the time were still getting familiar with what that position was and how it could be important to the success of the football program.....

but I really wouldn't expect the Athletic Director to be as ignorant of the importance of the position as the casual fan..... even way back in 2012.

So either Jeff Long was very ignorant of the importance of that position to the success of the football program in order to rubber stamp Petrino's idea to hire an ex women's volleyball player....... or he knew that was CBP's girlfriend.

There's no other plausible explanation.

There is a another plausible explanation, Dorrell and EK were not employed in the same position on each staff...

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

LZH

Quote from: nextlevel on April 14, 2014, 11:16:05 am
There is a another plausible explanation, Dorrell and EK were not employed in the same position on each staff...

No kidding.  I was wondering what he was on about.

RazorBassin

I like the sound of that interview.  I can't wait to see what EK brings to the program!  WPS!

PorkRinds

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on April 13, 2014, 09:30:28 pm
After seeing the Chris Hauser hire and now the E.K. Franks hire for this position of Director of Recruiting...

looking back it makes the hiring of Jessica Durrell even more odd now doesn't it?

I think most fans at the time were still getting familiar with what that position was and how it could be important to the success of the football program.....

but I really wouldn't expect the Athletic Director to be as ignorant of the importance of the position as the casual fan..... even way back in 2012.

So either Jeff Long was very ignorant of the importance of that position to the success of the football program in order to rubber stamp Petrino's idea to hire an ex women's volleyball player....... or he knew that was CBP's girlfriend.

There's no other plausible explanation.

I believe that Jeff would now probably admit that he gave Petrino way too much trust and should have overseen the program a bit more heavily.  No question about it.  I'll never believe he knowingly let BP hire his mistress.  Just makes no sense.

chitwnhog

I Think Bielema is taking recruiting to a level not seen in Arkansas...ever.

secneahog

Quote from: chitwnhog on April 14, 2014, 01:08:49 pm
I Think Bielema is taking recruiting to a level not seen in Arkansas...ever.

This.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PorkSoda

Quote from: RazorBassin on April 14, 2014, 12:31:07 pm
I like the sound of that interview.  I can't wait to see what EK brings to the program!  WPS!
yeah, he seems like he has a lot of positive energy.  lots of connections.  he's excited about the position and what he can bring the program.  bit by bit, things are coming around.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Franks is a great hire .

Johnny Beans would be a good pickup too - hopefully we can find a spot for him. Nothing like a powerful recruiting duo.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgmasta

Very excited about this hire. I would love to see Arkansas consistently in the 15-25 range with maybe an occasional top 15 class. That's enough talent to build a solid team around. Especially with CBB's previous teams in wiscy that were hardworking guys.