Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 34 Thread: #24 Arkansas (20-13) vs. #17 UNLV (23-9)

Started by ucahogfan, April 09, 2014, 04:31:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Next game is Friday at 7:00pm against #8 LSU at Baton Rouge.

LSU is 6-5-1 in the SEC and the Hogs are 6-6.

ucahogfan

3rd straight game that the Hogs have scored 7+ runs against top 10 staffs in terms of ERA.  Hopefully this is a sign of things have turned.  Face Nola on Friday and hopefully we can scratch out 2 runs which would be huge for this offense.

JBHicks, thanks for PBP.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: TikiHog on April 09, 2014, 09:39:53 pm
fun night at the park...I think tonight we realized why Wise is our catcher and the debate should end..any word on Baxendale??? don't remember seeing him tonight in the dugout...nice win heading to LSU
Chuck mentioned on the radio that his hand was NOT broken. That's about all he said, that I heard.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 09, 2014, 09:42:21 pm
3rd straight game that the Hogs have scored 7+ runs against top 10 staffs in terms of ERA.  Hopefully this is a sign of things have turned.  Face Nola on Friday and hopefully we can scratch out 2 runs which would be huge for this offense.

JBHicks, thanks for PBP.
Things really seemed to change at the plate when Spoon started leading off. Only scored 4 runs that first game, but that seems be the time they appeared to have more confidence at the plate. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 09, 2014, 09:51:33 pm
Things really seemed to change at the plate when Spoon started leading off. Only scored 4 runs that first game, but that seems be the time they appeared to have more confidence at the plate.
Really helps that both Serrano and Anderson have been raking at the 3-4.  I think both have the potential to hit .350+ for the remainder of the season.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 09, 2014, 10:02:14 pm
Really helps that both Serrano and Anderson have been raking at the 3-4.  I think both have the potential to hit .350+ for the remainder of the season.
Seems to have helped Benintendi also as far BA goes. He's not really getting on base more, but his BA was down around 220 I think and is now up to 263.

ucahogfan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 09, 2014, 10:47:17 pm
Seems to have helped Benintendi also as far BA goes. He's not really getting on base more, but his BA was down around 220 I think and is now up to 263.
He seems to be much more aggressive at the plate now than at the beginning of the year.  He is still getting on base at close to a .400 clip, but doing it more so with hits than just walks and HBPs like earlier in the year.  I think he will wind up at .280+ on the season when it is all said and done.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 09, 2014, 11:24:03 pm #157 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:41:10 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: ucahogfan on April 09, 2014, 10:53:52 pm
He seems to be much more aggressive at the plate now than at the beginning of the year.  He is still getting on base at close to a .400 clip, but doing it more so with hits than just walks and HBPs like earlier in the year.  I think he will wind up at .280+ on the season when it is all said and done.
Hope whatever is contributing to the increases in scoring continues. 

Kevin

i really like the new line up
like a guy who puts the ball in play in the 3 hole
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jacobp

Quote from: TikiHog on April 09, 2014, 09:39:53 pm
fun night at the park...I think tonight we realized why Wise is our catcher and the debate should end..any word on Baxendale??? don't remember seeing him tonight in the dugout...nice win heading to LSU
Only news I heard is that his hand is not broken but bruised and sore. As of last night they are planning on him traveling to Baton Rouge this weekend.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Alex Phillips should get a strong look for SEC Freshman of the week for his performance against the #17 team in the country. He pitched a 6.0 inning shutout and a no hitter through 5 innings. He gave up 1 hit and 1 walk against a team that scored 10 runs on 10 hits the night before against the Hogs.