Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calm down on here

Started by Lanny, April 09, 2014, 02:40:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Some of you people are high comedy...lol so much for calming down!!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2014, 08:17:31 pm
So Marcus does not believe what he is saying? he just saying it to get  ratings? he can't really believe by B. Allen is not an SEC QB ?

Oh, he could easily believe it, I'll trust those who see our QB's everyday over him, though.

nextlevel

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2014, 08:21:41 pm

Oh, he could easily believe it, I'll trust those who see our QB's everyday over him, though.

There are plenty of people who believe in Sasquatch and Aliens not named Jose with no evidence to support their beliefs.

You can believe anything you want, even if it is not consistent with reality.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2014, 08:21:41 pm

Nothing wrong with that. i have had my say on the QB. no need for me to keep posting on the subject. so i will move on. time will tell  one way or the other. the Auburn game is going to be big.

LZH

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2014, 08:17:31 pm
So Marcus does not believe what he is saying? he just saying it to get  ratings. he can't really believe by B. Allen is not an SEC QB ?

No, I am sure that he believes what he says.  I'm just sayin' that ad money drives those shows - like everything else, I guess.  That's why you won't hear the real juicy stuff on there....it will be watered down or diverted to something else.  In other words, it's all about the advertisers and not so much the listeners, that I can promise you.  That's why you can hear Rick and Randy let out a sigh of relief when some vanilla yahoo calls in and says some topwater crap about the Yankees or the Cardinals, instead of addressing something that might be controversial (that everyone else tunes in to hear).

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2014, 08:26:17 pm
Nothing wrong with that. i have had my say on the QB. no need for me to keep posting on the subject. so i will move on. time will tell  one way or the other. the Auburn game is going to be big.
The Auburn game won't make or break us or BA.

Steef

Quote from: nextlevel on April 14, 2014, 08:25:49 pm
There are plenty of people who believe in Sasquatch and Aliens not named Jose with no evidence to support their beliefs.

You can believe anything you want, even if it is not consistent with reality.

Bigfoot isn't real!?

Crap.

LZH

Quote from: steefhog on April 14, 2014, 08:30:26 pm
Bigfoot isn't real!?

Crap.

Tell that to the guy that made the 100% authentic plaster mold I bought online for $90.00!  Boom!

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2014, 08:29:43 pm
The Auburn game won't make or break us or BA.
We need Allen to play well in that game to have any chance.i am more worried about the defense in that game.(more so than QB) but make no mistake. we better score a lot of points if we want to win.which means we need our QB to play well.

nextlevel

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2014, 08:34:36 pm
We need Allen to play well in that game to have any chance.i am more worried about the defense in that game.(more so than QB) but make no mistake. we better score a lot of points if we want to win.which means we need our QB to play well.

Or the O-line.

Have them in the huddle screaming "REMEMBER THE FRED TALLEY!"...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

board

Marcus and the one and only (thankfully) fcj have spoken folks. Nothing more needs to be said. The 2 greatest coaching minds I have ever encountered.

Even Saban would never question their expertise...

PorcineSublime

Quote from: steefhog on April 14, 2014, 08:30:26 pm
Bigfoot isn't real!?

Crap.
Then who is throwing those cars and stuff around in the Jack Links commercials? They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't real.

As for the topic at hand. We have multiple reports from a man who has seen every QB since Scott Bull at the U of A (and he has actually been at practice and seen this years crop). And his take has been and continues to be that the other are not even close to BA. Notice he never said that BA was a great QB, just that he is the best we have currently. Maybe the lights come on and Rafe really lights it up. But based on the reports it sound like t me that the difference in between Rafe and Brandon is not 6-6 versus 7-5. If it were, BB would not have named him starting QB before we even have the Spring game.

I trust Brett and I trust Mike to give us an honest eval. He has never been a sugarcoater, and is even less so at this point in his career. I would love for there to be a QB on campus better, but Santa forgot leave us one, and the Easter bunny likely won't either. We got what we got and we will be what we will be. The good news is, to the disdain of many, is that our current style of play does not require a gunslinger. A bus driver will do just fine if we can execute slightly better at the WR position and play some semblance of defense.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

forrest city joe

Quote from: board on April 14, 2014, 08:40:37 pm
Marcus and the one and only (thankfully) fcj have spoken folks. Nothing more needs to be said. The 2 greatest coaching minds I have ever encountered.

Even Saban would never question their expertise...
I have had my say about QB. hope time proves me and Marcus wrong.time will tell. i am pulling for B. Allen. hope he can get the job done. but i will believe it when i see it. my last response in this thread on the QB subject.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2014, 06:52:12 pm
Mike i understand that. but what Marcus is saying is the QB job was never really open in the first place. say's no way you can tell who the best QB is because you really have not gave anyone a chance.have A. Allen or Peavey gotten any reps with the first team to see what they can do? Marcus also says you can tell nothing about who is the best QB when the team is not hitting like in a real game. this man has lived it. he is just not shooting from the hip.

1. They did get reps with the 1st offense. Both of them last Saturday. Check out their numbers from the scrimmage. Neither one of them did much although I did see them record back to back fumbles.

2. Who tackles their quarterbacks to the ground these days in any type of practice, spring or fall? The only coach I've seen at Arkansas that did was Danny Ford and he didn't do it much.

ChitownHawg

Dang touch screens! See my post below.   ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2014, 08:46:47 pm
I have had my say about QB. hope time proves me and Marcus wrong.time will tell. i am pulling for B. Allen. hope he can get the job done. but i will believe it when i see it. my last response in this thread on the QB subject.

Joe just reading your response and then it hit me. You give Marcus more credit for knowing football than CBB. CBB has played and coached far more than Marcus. Plus his inner knowledge of what is happening in the film room and staff meetings - something Marcus is not privy to.

So why does Marcus get more credit in your eyes than CBB?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 09:28:30 pm
Joe just reading your response and then it hit me. You give Marcus more credit for knowing football than CBB. CBB has played and coached far more than Marcus. Plus his inner knowledge of what is happening in the film room and staff meetings - something Marcus is not privy to.

Beliema's a yankee.

Pig In The City

April 14, 2014, 09:42:48 pm #167 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:50:19 pm by HogFanDallas
Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2014, 08:46:47 pm

You speak out of both sides of your mouth on this one. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 14, 2014, 06:55:38 pm
And while being an ex-Razorback, this makes him an expert in all things Razorback now?

Bruce James is a former Razorback, too...and a more accomplished one than Marcus Elliott.  Does everyone believe everything he says?

rzrbackramsfan

Shannon Sharpe is a hof football player... he's terrible at picking games. 

Just because someone has knowledge or played the game well doesn't mean they are better at seeing who or what will succeed. 

It could be pure luck, or maybe FCJ see's that often times a person can have 9 out 0f 10 traits better than someone else, but it will be that one trait that allows the other person to win. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 14, 2014, 09:40:05 pm
Beliema's a yankee.

Seriously? I cannot believe our AD hired a Yankee and brought him to our fine Southern state. What was he thinking?  ;D

LZH

Quote from: locusbug on April 15, 2014, 06:09:18 am
Seriously? I cannot believe our AD hired a Yankee and brought him to our fine Southern state. What was he thinking?  ;D

IKR?  Besides, what we need is a good ol' Arkansas boy to run the show up there...and he needs to hire a good ol' Arkansas boy to coach the team.  And then that coach needs to recruit good ol' Arkansas kids who really wanna be Razorbacks - no more of these snotty-nosed out-of-state kids who listen to that thumpety-thump music and grow their hair clear down past their ears.

lefty08

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 09:28:30 pm

EASY ANSWER HERE: Its because ME feels the same way he does, therefore he must be correct
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 15, 2014, 06:22:21 am
IKR?  Besides, what we need is a good ol' Arkansas boy to run the show up there...and he needs to hire a good ol' Arkansas boy to coach the team.  And then that coach needs to recruit good ol' Arkansas kids who really wanna be Razorbacks - no more of these snotty-nosed out-of-state kids who listen to that thumpety-thump music and grow their hair clear down past their ears.

Sounds like a plan to me!  ;D

Of course I am joking around. We saw what nepotism does to a football program. To be the best you hire the best.

weresoclose

Quote from: locusbug on April 15, 2014, 08:01:07 am
Sounds like a plan to me!  ;D

Of course I am joking around. We saw what nepotism does to a football program. To be the best you hire the best.

As opposed to firing the best...

Maybe we will get lucky again in a few years.... who knows?

ricepig

Quote from: weresoclose on April 15, 2014, 08:47:32 am

Yeah, I'm 100% sure you won't have a clue on what "best" is.

Pork Twain

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2014, 09:01:02 am
Yeah, I'm 100% sure you won't have a clue on what "best" is.
I believe he thinks Wildhog and 64 are the best posters on this board.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ChitownHawg

Quote from: weresoclose on April 15, 2014, 08:47:32 am

I agree with the others you wouldn't know best if it bit you. As with the other 1001 posts you have made on this subject you never give your genius suggestion as to who we should hire?

Don't bother answering that I don't like you nor what you stand for. My alma mater deserves better than winning at all cost and having a no good lying cheat as a head coach. The embarrassment that ESPN would have dragged us through for keeping the slimeball because we chose winning over ethics - is something I do not wish upon my school.

Be gone my little friend to Louisville as that is where your hero is now. I say be gone!  ;)

Andrew Hogfan

What was the deal CBP was offered? I hadn't heard that before.
WPS!!!

weresoclose

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on April 15, 2014, 09:37:55 am
What was the deal CBP was offered? I hadn't heard that before.

Nobody knows because there is one source who told one person on here about it, but didn't provide details, apparently.  Basically, it is theorized there was an offer to restrict BP but retain him (what most know would have been the best decision for not tanking the program) and BP balked on it.

Despite the fact that both Long and BP publicly said there was no deal offered, many believe it to be true.  You might comment that if true, JL is a public liar to all Hog fans and others, and you would be correct, but we have gone down the semantics road already in other threads, and the liying has been justified on a technicality, so many people are okay with it.  I'm okay with it personally, since admitting it would blow the cover off JL, and I'm hoping he takes another job in a couple years. JMHO of course.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: weresoclose on April 15, 2014, 12:42:44 pm
Nobody knows because there is one source who told one person on here about it, but didn't provide details, apparently.  Basically, it is theorized there was an offer to restrict BP but retain him (what most know would have been the best decision for not tanking the program) and BP balked on it.

Despite the fact that both Long and BP publicly said there was no deal offered, many believe it to be true.  You might comment that if true, JL is a public liar to all Hog fans and others, and you would be correct, but we have gone down the semantics road already in other threads, and the liying has been justified on a technicality, so many people are okay with it.  I'm okay with it personally, since admitting it would blow the cover off JL, and I'm hoping he takes another job in a couple years. JMHO of course.
OK, for about the 9000th time, here is how it went down.

JL was instructed by HIS bosses to fire BP once the situation became known to them.  He convinced them to allow him to retain BP with sanctions and a suspension, but the first thing that had to happen was that Bobby come completely clean (they also knew about the Republican motorcycle model he as boinking because they had his phone records).  Bobby lied when asked to come clean, so the deal was never actually on the table.  Therefore, when Long said no deal was offered, he isn't lying.  He didn't tell the rest in the damn press conference because he didn't want to humiliate Bobby publically more than he had already humiliated himself.

Now go away and fap to your Bobby Petrino poster.  Let the Hog fans talk about the Hogs.
All Gas, No Brakes!

OldCoot

Quote from: locusbug on April 14, 2014, 03:15:06 pm
Geez do we have to keep going down this path? Some of you guys are so in love with CBP. I like his winning, but not his dumping on my alma mater.

Besides CBP created the situation. Long cleaned up the mess as best he could. CBP's pride kept him from taking Long's offer.

There was no offer.  Has Mike ever given an opinion on this "offer"?

OldCoot

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 14, 2014, 05:44:52 pm
Like everything else that comes from a source unless you were actually there it's hard to believe something 100%. You have to make the assumption that the source has no reason to lie and that the source didn't misunderstand something in the translation.

The standard is three sources and in this case there was only one.

However in talking to a number of people who had dealings with Petrino while he was here it's clear that their impression of Petrino was that he thought of himself as bulletproof. They depict him as a guy who fully understood how badly Hog fans wanted respect for their team in the SEC. He gave them that and took maximum advantage of it.

Would like to hear more about the first part.  As to the second part, I can see how that is 100% true.  I still wish we had him back.

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

OldCoot

Quote from: Tom Bennett on April 14, 2014, 06:53:22 pm
You know what it would take for me to criticize Bielema on the handling of his quarterbacks?

I would have to know everything that he knows.

If he has broken down tape of every practice, I would need to do the same - at the same level of expertise that he and his staff have done.

If he has watched 500 reps in practice, I would need to see those same reps.

Otherwise, what we have is an opinion versus an informed opinion.

Those two are not the same.

I can give a pretty good assessment by viewing the results of whatever someone is doing.  By your own assessment, I guess you don't criticize politicians either.

ricepig

Quote from: Dude on April 15, 2014, 04:15:11 pm

There was an offer.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Dude on April 15, 2014, 04:21:08 pm
I can give a pretty good assessment by viewing the results of whatever someone is doing.  By your own assessment, I guess you don't criticize politicians either.

You would be correct. And I care MUCH less about what they do than I do about what coaches do.

Deep Shoat

Yes, and it agrees with mine.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Mike Irwin

A former athletics administrator, friends with Perino at a school where Bobby Petrino had been an assistant coach, said that he spoke to Petrino the day after he was fired. He said Petrino told him that Long was willing to keep him but he had to agree to a long list of conditions which would be written into his contract. He said Petrino admitted to him that he tried to bluff Long by telling him, "You're trying to turn me into a monk."
It wasn't clear from what he said if Petrino turned down Long's offer or if Long got mad and took it away after Petrino complained about the strict code of behavior he would have to follow.

Long told Petrino to go home. A couple of hours later he was notified in writing that he had been fired.

Do I believe this story? I can only say that it makes sense. The haphazard way that the press conference was thrown together that evening does not suggest that Long had already decided to fire Petrino before the meeting.

There was total confusion that day coming out of the athletic department from about 3 pm on. To me that happens because Long assumed that Petrino would accept the conditions without question and therefore he would not be fired. If the decision to fire him was not made until 2 pm there would indeed be chaos. The chaos started when Nick Petrino tweeted around 3pm, "I'm so pissed."  With rumors running rampant that Petrino had been fired they had to throw a presser together as fast as possible to address the rumors and yet it took them several hours.

Let me put it another way. If I'm Jeff Long and I'm going to notify Petrino that he has been fired I would do that ONLY after I had already arranged for a presser to follow within 30 minutes or so.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 15, 2014, 05:13:04 pm
A former athletics administrator, friends with Perino at a school where Bobby Petrino had been an assistant coach, said that he spoke to Petrino the day after he was fired. He said Petrino told him that Long was willing to keep him but he had to agree to a long list of conditions which would be written into his contract. He said Petrino admitted to him that he tried to bluff Long by telling him, "You're trying to turn me into a monk."
It wasn't clear from what he said if Petrino turned down Long's offer or if Long got mad and took it away after Petrino complained about the strict code of behavior he would have to follow.

Long told Petrino to go home. A couple of hours later he was notified in writing that he had been fired.

Do I believe this story? I can only say that it makes sense. The haphazard way that the press conference was thrown together that evening does not suggest that Long had already decided to fire Petrino before the meeting.

There was total confusion that day coming out of the athletic department from about 3 pm on. To me that happens because Long assumed that Petrino would accept the conditions without question and therefore he would not be fired. If the decision to fire him was not made until 2 pm there would indeed be chaos. The chaos started when Nick Petrino tweeted around 3pm, "I'm so pissed."  With rumors running rampant that Petrino had been fired they had to throw a presser together as fast as possible to address the rumors.

Let me put it another way. If I'm Jeff Long and I'm going to notify Petrino that he has been fired I would do that ONLY after I had already arranged for a presser to follow within 30 minutes or so.

I was told by a now former BOT member the above.

WilsonHog

And that squares with there being no "negotiation," because that is a term of art that implies give and take, a back-and-forth haggling of terms.

Wants2Win

What a load of garbage, and even if true JL still failed At the #1 priority of his job. Keeping CBP on campus and happy.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wants2Win on April 15, 2014, 06:25:41 pm
What a load of garbage, and even if true JL still failed At the #1 priority of his job. Keeping CBP on campus and happy.

This is just a pathetic statement and is totally embarrassing as a fellow Arkansan. Where is your pride? You want our school's AD to be a sniveling little gofer for CBP? What a crock.  :puke:

LZH

Steef

You win.

Not allowed to say WHAT. But you win.

bphi11ips

Mike's story makes more sense than Deep Shoat's.  They're similar but not identical.  The notion that Petrino had to "come clean" sounds a bit patronizing to me.  Those guys don't care about that.  What they wanted was a guarantee Petrino wouldn't embarrass them again.  The monk comment probably didn't as much piss Long off as it did cause him to doubt whether Petrino would tow the line. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

WilsonHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 15, 2014, 07:05:37 pm
Mike's story makes more sense than Deep Shoat's.  They're similar but not identical.  The notion that Petrino had to "come clean" sounds a bit patronizing to me.  Those guys don't care about that.  What they wanted was a guarantee Petrino wouldn't embarrass them again.  The monk comment probably didn't as much piss Long off as it did cause him to doubt whether Petrino would tow the line.

I agree. An administrator in Long's position has to not only be assured but feel assured that nothing like this would ever occur again. It's apparent those assurances, if given at all, weren't sufficient.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: steefhog on April 15, 2014, 06:43:14 pm
You win.

Not allowed to say WHAT. But you win.

He did win the most ignorant post to date in 2014.

Like Lewis Grizzard once said, "Everyone is ignorant of something".
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ricepig

Quote from: Wayne Watson on April 15, 2014, 07:26:27 pm
He did win the most ignorant post to date in 2014.

Like Lewis Grizzard once said, "Everyone is ignorant of something".

I resemble that remark!

Wants2Win

May have a gone a bit overboard with that last statement- but c'mon, no one that wasn't there knows what went on behind closed doors. All we have to go on is the information that was given.