Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pittman Addresses Hogs O-Line Issues

Started by Mike Irwin, April 08, 2014, 11:06:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

FAYETTEVILLE--After looking at video of the Razorback's first spring scrimmage offensive coordinator Jim Chaney had an answer for those wondering what went wrong with the team's young but talented offensive line. Of the eleven quarterback sacks recorded in the scrimmage Jim Chaney said, "The quarterback gave up a few sacks on his own. The wide receiver on a wrong route gave up one sack that way. We didn't protect the quarterback for a lot of reasons."

"I love Jim," offensive line coach Sam Pittman countered, "but most of those sacks were on the offensive line. I think anytime that you lose two starters it takes a little bit of time to jell together. It's not only that we lost two starters but we moved a starter from guard to tackle. However, we have to get better and I think you'll see that in this Saturday's scrimmage."
--------------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/pittman-addresses-hogs-o-line-issues/23777/fU5GoPxP4k6wfGI9a0zAgw

razorsharptusk

If there is one aspect of this team that I know is in good hands, it's the Offensive Line under Coach Pittman. He will have these guys ready to roll.
GO HOGS!!

DeltaBoy

Coach Pittman will have them ready for the FALL!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Arazorbackguy1

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.  Winners make things happen, losers let things happen. 

We'll see this Saturday.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Excuses? Pittman didn't make any excuses.

EFBAB

Dark Helmet Hog

Pittman will make sure this line gets it done.

Jek Tono Porkins

The O-line is one position group that I am not worried about. Sam Pittman is one of the best in the business, evidenced by Nick Saban trying to hire him away from us. The most impressive recruiting done thus far by this staff is recruiting offensive linemen. If you have a fantastic offensive line, you can win a lot of games even if you have inferior talent in other areas. I'm excited to watch the "Hogs" push people around in 2014.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Our overall team may not be very good, but the O-line may be the best department we have right along with running backs. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 09, 2014, 10:05:02 pm
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.  Winners make things happen, losers let things happen. 

We'll see this Saturday.

For those still needing to pass the OK 3rd grade reading test to be admitted into 4th grade (just completed this week, results pending) blaming offensive mistakes on the weather, the defense, field conditions, or the Affordable Care Act is an excuse. Connecting offensive mistakes to offensive players and their performance = an explanation.

Congratulations! You have the right first letter, the letter "E". Now, work on getting the proper word. You will get a chance to retest for admittance into 4th grade again next April. In the meantime, you are not allowed to go to your car at recess.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DeltaBoy

I like Pittman he is a no nonsense Coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Southpointhog