Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wagner to transfer

Started by ricepig, April 08, 2014, 06:43:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Arkansas has announced that Dee Wagner is transferring, per Twitter.

The_Iceman

OnTheHillHogFan

Good luck to him in his future
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Good luck to him. It will be interesting to see who takes that spot.

jjdlc

Good kid, hate he couldn't break through, hope he can find some playing time somewhere.

Big Nasty 34

And there's the open spot. Hopefully no more!

Artex501

Still think it was a good gamble for MA, they just don't all work out.... Good Luck to him wherever he ends up  :razorback:

Arky

Porked Tongue

Thanks for being a Hog!  Good luck at your new school.

Coachjy

Hope Dee goes somewhere and does well. Thanks for being a hog!

Hawg Red

Quote from: Karma on April 08, 2014, 06:47:33 pm
Good luck to him. It will be interesting to see who takes that spot.

Unless Dudley Dawson is full of crap (entirely possible), it should be Dusty Hannahs.

Porked Tongue

It's my understanding that Wagner has his school picked out.  Also don't be surprised if Watkins gets that scholarship.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 06:56:24 pm
It's my understanding that Wagner has his school picked out.  Also don't be surprised if Watkins gets that scholarship.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

rude1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 06:56:24 pm
That would be surprising to me and illustrate that all isn't good on the recruiting front.

rusvegashog

Breems

Well, the wait is finally over. Hope he does well elsewhere.

I hope the new JUCO target fills the opening. Not Hannahs.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Big Nasty 34

I agree Breems. Hannah's walking on would be ideal but unlikely

Porked Tongue

Quote from: rude1 on April 08, 2014, 06:58:54 pm
That would be surprising to me and illustrate that all isn't good on the recruiting front.
He'll be a very good part of this team someday and is a D-1 caliber basketball player.  Give it a bit of time.

On the recruiting front, they are not just going to settle.  I know they have high hopes on one in particular(I don't know who) that could come in and play next year. 

rude1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 07:10:51 pm
He'll be a very good part of this team someday and is a D-1 caliber basketball player.  Give it a bit of time.

On the recruiting front, they are not just going to settle.  I know they have high hopes on one in particular(I don't know who) that could come in and play next year. 
He has the body, but other than that I didn't see a lot, although it was in very limited time this season.

ricepig

Quote from: rude1 on April 08, 2014, 07:12:07 pm
He has the body, but other than that I didn't see a lot, although it was in very limited time this season.

Supposedly, he did well in practice, I know, practice, but I've been told not to be surprised to see him get minutes next year.

rude1

Quote from: ricepig on April 08, 2014, 07:15:21 pm
Supposedly, he did well in practice, I know, practice, but I've been told not to be surprised to see him get minutes next year.
I hope he has improved enough to warrant minutes vs getting them because who dad is.

ricepig

Quote from: rude1 on April 08, 2014, 07:20:27 pm
I hope he has improved enough to warrant minutes vs getting them because who dad is.

I can't answer that.

dsims2k3

Best of luck D. Wags. You represented the UofA well.  :razorback: #onceahogalwaysahog
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Danny J

Quote from: dsims2k3 on April 08, 2014, 07:30:09 pm
Best of luck D. Wags. You represented the UofA well.  :razorback: #onceahogalwaysahog
^^^^I agree

Fayettechill14

Quote from: rude1 on April 08, 2014, 06:58:54 pm

Not necessarily. This was a young team. I believe 6 of the top 8 minutes-getters are coming back and most of them were underclassmen, in addition to the two big needs (ball-handling guard and post player) having already been filled in recruiting. If the staff rushes for quantity in recruiting right now, then they'll just end up with another Wagner that transfers in two years after not getting any minutes.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: rude1 on April 08, 2014, 07:20:27 pm
I don't think nepotism will be an issue.  I heard someone I trust say it might have worked against him this year.  I think we have a risk free shot with him as we go forward.  It would be a nice bonus that few would have seen coming.

Back to Wagner, I heard his exit went about as well as possible.  He was thankful for his chance and essentially agreed he needed to go find himself a better opportunity. 

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 07:56:15 pm
I don't think nepotism will be an issue.  I heard someone I trust say it might have worked against him this year.  I think we have a risk free shot with him as we go forward.  It would be a nice bonus that few would have seen coming.

Back to Wagner, I heard his exit went about as well as possible.  He was thankful for his chance and essentially agreed he needed to go find himself a better opportunity. 

Good deal.  Seemed like a good guy...

Pork Twain

April 08, 2014, 08:16:35 pm #29 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:30:58 pm by BeoPig™
Here is to hoping the Wagner is successful wherever he ends up.  People need to realize there is a HUGE difference between "thinking" (as I am far from a talent scout) a player MIGHT not be SEC caliber and wanting them to fail.  I have never wanted a Hog to fail, ever...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

forrest city joe

Wish Dee nothing but the best. he was here 2 years and got very little playing time. yet you never heard a bad word from him. he is a class young man. hope he get's to play no matter where he ends up.

LL COOL HOG

He was very nice to me and the kids at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Wish him the best.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Wish him well. 

Always funny when a non existent player leaves everybody gives them well wishes but when a potential star athlete leaves, we crucify somebody, whether its the player, coach or parent.  This seems to happen with all schools and fans.  Just a funny observation.

CDBHawg

If Watkins current scholarship is a full ride, I see no reason to give him the scholarship.

psooie

Why would you give watkins a scholarship? just give his dad a raise and bring in another player.

CDBHawg

Quote from: psooie on April 08, 2014, 08:30:33 pm
Why would you give watkins a scholarship? just give his dad a raise and bring in another player.

Or this.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 08, 2014, 08:28:49 pm
If Watkins current scholarship is a full ride, I see no reason to give him the scholarship.
What?

Quote from: psooie on April 08, 2014, 08:30:33 pm
Maybe because it's earned?  There is some stigma attached to being a walk-on.  Real or imagined they are looked at differently and they know it.  Especially true when the player had D-1 offers.  Gulley did his year w/o one and then got his.  Watkins deserves the same at some point.  For sure more than a transfer that would sit out a year.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 08:37:17 pm
What?

I assume he has a scholarship due to his dad being an employee of the university. I could be wrong though.

CDBHawg

TT222

Porked Tongue

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 08, 2014, 08:40:49 pm
I assume he has a scholarship due to his dad being an employee of the university. I could be wrong though.
Yeah, all the kids of UA employee's get scholarships. ::) 

Confuse easily?

Pork Twain

CDBHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 08:48:59 pm
Yeah, all the kids of UA employee's get scholarships. ::) 

Confuse easily?

Scholarship, tuition discount. Call it what you want.

CDBHawg

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 08, 2014, 08:51:59 pm
So he can sit out a year?

If he has to, yes.

Wagner just sit out two. Miles just sit out one. Watkins just sit out one.

We have 13 scholarships available and will only play 9, maybe 10 guys heavily. Him sitting out doesn't hurt us as much as you think. We're unlikely to find a guy that can come in and contribute this late anyways. I say give it to a guy that can knockdown an open 3.

Porked Tongue

You're so lost it's not worth the effort.  I swear you couldn't track a skunk.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 08:57:42 pm
You're so lost it's not worth the effort.  I swear you couldn't track a skunk.

You asked the question. I said I could've been wrong.

If he's earned it and will contribute, great. If not, sign up Hannahs. Watkins can still be a walk-on.

UNCLE BACK

Is Wagners spot not expected to be taken by oral commitment PG Jabril Durham?

TT222

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on April 08, 2014, 09:06:35 pm
Is Wagners spot not expected to be taken by oral commitment PG Jabril Durham?

Could be wrong, but I believe there was already room for him.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 08, 2014, 08:37:17 pm
What?
Maybe because it's earned?  There is some stigma attached to being a walk-on.  Real or imagined they are looked at differently and they know it.  Especially true when the player had D-1 offers.  Gulley did his year w/o one and then got his.  Watkins deserves the same at some point.  For sure more than a transfer that would sit out a year.

Unnamed transfer could do the same thing.  Earn it.

Big Nasty 34

Henry>Hannahs I would imagine