Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cowan.

Started by secneahog, April 08, 2014, 02:55:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Looks like he is responding well. Good for him.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PorkRinds

Where did this come from?  I wonder if it's something he made himself or at the directive of the staff?  Any back story with it? 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: secneahog on April 08, 2014, 02:55:18 pm
Looks like he is responding well. Good for him.

Excellent personal mission statement. Everyone should be doing these and coaches should know them by heart to motivate players by referring to what is important to the individual and collective. Good stuff.
This is my non-signature signature.

secneahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 02:57:37 pm
Where did this come from?  I wonder if it's something he made himself or at the directive of the staff?  Any back story with it?

He posted it on his Facebook. Just glad to see him doing the right thing.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

TheGunther

Quote from: secneahog on April 08, 2014, 02:59:08 pm

It's a good way to make sure people hold him accountable.
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

PorkRinds

Quote from: secneahog on April 08, 2014, 02:59:08 pm

I agree.  I think this exercise would be great for every player on the team.  I just wondered if it was a self driven thing, or if he was coached to sit down and do it.  Either way, it's great that he's responding that way.

secneahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 03:04:17 pm
I agree.  I think this exercise would be great for every player on the team.  I just wondered if it was a self driven thing, or if he was coached to sit down and do it.  Either way, it's great that he's responding that way.

I assume him and the coaches know that. He's on his Facebook being vocal about doing the right thing.

PorkRinds

Quote from: secneahog on April 08, 2014, 03:07:15 pm
I assume him and the coaches know that. He's on his Facebook being vocal about doing the right thing.

Pretty sure I heard CBB in the presser after the scrimmage say that he seems to be doing what needs to be done in the classroom and has turned the corner there.  I could be imagining that, but I am pretty sure I heard it.  No doubt we need as many options at WR as we can get, so losing him is tough.

secneahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 03:09:31 pm
Pretty sure I heard CBB in the presser after the scrimmage say that he seems to be doing what needs to be done in the classroom and has turned the corner there.  I could be imagining that, but I am pretty sure I heard it.  No doubt we need as many options at WR as we can get, so losing him is tough.

He did say that.

Mike_e

Quote from: secneahog on April 08, 2014, 03:13:21 pm
He did say that.

He did and if i'm not mistaken CBB left open the possibility of his being back before spring ball was over.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

secneahog

Quote from: Mike_e on April 08, 2014, 04:13:27 pm
He did and if i'm not mistaken CBB left open the possibility of his being back before spring ball was over.

You are correct.

bennyl08

Quote from: Mike_e on April 08, 2014, 04:13:27 pm

Think he said Cowan could be back as soon as next week.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 08, 2014, 04:43:39 pm
Think he said Cowan could be back as soon as next week.

Which would be this week.

Mike_e

Quote from: ricepig on April 08, 2014, 04:44:17 pm
Which would be this week.

I hope so, that kid was a stud in HS.  If everything clicks with him he may still make a good one.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

secneahog

Just amusing how a positive thread can get no love on hogville but a thread about something negative about a player can receive three pages of remarks.

Guess people do feed off drama.

PorkRinds

Anyone know if Cowan will indeed be back this week?