Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Collins rumors squashed, injury updates and a few punches in practice

Started by ldfergu, April 08, 2014, 01:24:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

Sounds like K Marshall has an issue that requires blood work and is holding him out.  Hopefully nothing serious.

http://m. [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/four-downs-bielema-puts-collins-rumors-rest

kingofdequeen

call me crazy, but i'm down with our guys throwing punches in practice. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 08, 2014, 01:27:40 pm

As long as they're not throwing punches in the locker room I'm good.
This is my non-signature signature.

ldfergu

I'm all for adding toughness but punching ur teammate may not help a team that really needs to come together.

Coach doesn't seem too worried so I'm not either

redswarmrising

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 08, 2014, 01:27:40 pm

same here.i'm just surprised to hear Skipper and Collins throwing punches.both of them seem so laid back and wouldn't do something like that but i'm happy to hear they have that kind of aggressiveness in them!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: redswarmrising on April 08, 2014, 01:42:09 pm
same here.i'm just surprised to hear Skipper and Collins throwing punches.both of them seem so laid back and wouldn't do something like that but i'm happy to hear they have that kind of aggressiveness in them!

collins?  yes.

Skipper?  he's a dirty bastard.  watch him for 5 minutes on the field.  not perjorative, either.

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 08, 2014, 01:43:21 pm
collins?  yes.

Skipper?  he's a dirty bastard.  watch him for 5 minutes on the field.  not perjorative, either.

Dan Skipper has "it."

And by "it," I mean the body of a monster with the attitude to match. LOVE watching that dude block.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: redswarmrising on April 08, 2014, 01:42:09 pm

Really pay attention to Skipper this season. He's the last dude to stop battling on the line, and takes zero shizz.
Go away, batin'

The Kig

Greatness is forged in the fires of adversity....

Fight like hell now, then watch this team come together like brothers and take that fight to opposing teams.  Agree to some degree about the punches (especially if it is a lack of control that will get you tossed from a game), but GLAD to see that we have players on this team that have fire in the belly. 
Poker Porker

ricepig

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 08, 2014, 01:46:33 pm
Really pay attention to Skipper this season. He's the last dude to stop battling on the line, and takes zero shizz.
Yep, I could see where some would call him out as "dirty" as opposed to Travis Swanson last year.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: ricepig on April 08, 2014, 01:51:44 pm
Yep, I could see where some would call him out as "dirty" as opposed to Travis Swanson last year.

call him out?  not in the slightest.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PorkRinds

I think I'll forgive our O-linemen if they don't act like gentlemen between whistles.  I WANT them to be mean and nasty.  It's about time we play a bit dirty like everyone else seems to.

cosmodrum

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 02:26:14 pm
I think I'll forgive our O-linemen if they don't act like gentlemen between whistles.  I WANT them to be mean and nasty.  It's about time we play a bit dirty like everyone else seems to.

HAVE to be
Go away, batin'

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 08, 2014, 02:27:32 pm
HAVE to be

I won't call anything dirty until they start throwing down WWE finishing moves on fools after the whistle. But it would be awesome to see a Jack Knife Powerbomb thrown down on some unsuspecting LB from Alabama. That would be tight.

PorkRinds

Quote from: StevenW1976 on April 08, 2014, 02:32:08 pm
I won't call anything dirty until they start throwing down WWE finishing moves on fools after the whistle. But it would be awesome to see a Jack Knife Powerbomb thrown down on some unsuspecting LB from Alabama. That would be tight.

Exactly.  Every offensive line coach worth his salt is teaching his guys to get into the Dline's ribs and make them hurt every play.  By the end of the game, they should feel like they were in a boxing match!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 02:40:45 pm
Exactly.  Every offensive line coach worth his salt is teaching his guys to get into the Dline's ribs and make them hurt every play.  By the end of the game, they should feel like they were in a boxing match!

Yep. I remember the '10 Tide team wasn't the same after the near miss against us. We played em hard and physical. Their depth chart took a hit after that one.

MissippHog

"Dan is a very intelligent person, but to punch a facemask is not usually met with good results. I know he is going to be an engineer, but I don't know if the facemask is engineered in a way to take a fist." - See more at: http://m. [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/four-downs-bielema-puts-collins-rumors-rest#sthash.VxPvJrwD.dpuf

LOL.

PorkRinds

Quote from: MissippHog on April 08, 2014, 02:52:24 pm
"Dan is a very intelligent person, but to punch a facemask is not usually met with good results. I know he is going to be an engineer, but I don't know if the facemask is engineered in a way to take a fist." - See more at: http://m. [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/four-downs-bielema-puts-collins-rumors-rest#sthash.VxPvJrwD.dpuf

LOL.

I'm betting he at least got a talking to afterward.  It's nice to see the fire in the belly, but he's got to temper it in a game because it will get him kicked out...

LZH

Put some gunpowder in their food.............

Or is that just for fighting dogs?

PorkRinds

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 08, 2014, 03:09:11 pm
Put some gunpowder in their food.............

Or is that just for fighting dogs?

Should we clip their ears and tails too? Go full on Michael Vick for our Oline?  ;D

Hogsmo Kramer

Happens all the time.

Happened back when I played and the coaches actually encouraged it to a point as long as it didn't cross a line.

Football's a rough sport especially once you get out of HS. You're dealing with grown arss men at that point and from time to time a couple blows get exchanged.

No big deal you need that type of aggressiveness if you're going to play the game and be successful.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

TheRazorbackGuy

PorkHinds, that is a brilliant observation. We need to be tough guys on the defensive line to. Those guys also need to play dirty

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 03:10:04 pm
Should we clip their ears and tails too? Go full on Michael Vick for our Oline?  ;D

I'd be all for it.  Now PETA may have a different view.

Steef

Never have understood the thinking behind throwing a punch at someone who's padded up...against blows. Or hitting someone in the head...when it's covered by a helmet.

Seems kinda dumb to me.

In high school, when guys got angry at each other, first thing they would do is TAKE THEIR HELMET OFF! And I'm thinking, "That...is particularly stupid."

So of course it finally happened to me. Our fullback got mad 'cause I had the nerve to tackle him (during full speed drills...not sure what he was thinking). Sure enough, the numbskull pulls his helmet off. Or starts to.

Which...back then...took two hands. Dunno how it works today. But you had to stick your fingers in the earholes and pull it out-then-off...or you'll rip your ears off.

Anyway, this rocket scientist does just that. And gets his helmet just clear of his eyebrows with both hands occupied. And I hit him square in the nose.

He wasn't able to practice the rest of that day.

(sigh)

Figured I'd be suspended at least one game. He WAS our starting fullback. Instead, coach came over and shook my hand. Said he'd been waiting years for someone to figure that out.

That was the last fight anyone had on the team that season.

MJ2

You might want to flag this thread for further discussion in August.   Then we can discuss if Collins is on campus at AR or not.

870hogfan

Quote from: MJ2 on April 08, 2014, 04:20:08 pm
You might want to flag this thread for further discussion in August.   Then we can discuss if Collins is on campus at AR or not.

He will be.....

cosmodrum

You seem to feel that he won't be on campus.
Go away, batin'

gmarv

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

jjdlc

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 02:58:36 pm
I'm betting he at least got a talking to afterward.  It's nice to see the fire in the belly, but he's got to temper it in a game because it will get him kicked out...

This.

Skipper has a mean streak as big as he is, and it's nice to see it come out on the field, but he needs to temper it some.  Punches will get you ejected.

porkrindjimmy

MJ2,

Unless Alex is booted by coach...or flunks out, he isn't going anywhere. Dude has totally bought into the Arkansas way...and I am not just talking football either.

PRJ

rusvegashog

Steefhog +1 Love a good story and could see it happening. Good little chuckle.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 08, 2014, 01:46:33 pm

Which is precisely what you need in a tackle.

secfan30

I would love to see what proof you have of him leaving or wanting to leave. If you have no proof and happen to be someone that wants to stir the pot, shut up.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 08, 2014, 02:24:13 pm
Skipper almost whooped Nkemdiche's ass last year.

Yep.  and he was also telling Nkem that his family lacked courage.  Made Nkem throw a punch to get thrown out of game.  That kid has it!

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 02:58:36 pm

He should temper nothing!  He got Nkem thrown out because he knew how to get it done by getting under the kid's skin.  If the D-lineman can't take getting whipped and learning that his family is weak and inbred, well, tough...

Hoggish1

COCHISE

Love it!! CBB's biggest worry with Skipper throwing punches is the risk of him hurting his hand on somebody's facemask.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 08, 2014, 01:45:36 pm
Dan Skipper has "it."

And by "it," I mean the body of a monster with the attitude to match. LOVE watching that dude block.

I agree.  This guy doesn't get off his man until the whistle blows and most of the time it's a final shove to the ground.  He is a big nasty.

Sounds like Collin's got lit up and retaliated.  Of course TQ could have vocalized a bit I'm guessing.   
GO HOGS!!

DeltaBoy

Good Report it good to see these young men grow up and showing some FIRE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgzinbowlz

We were sitting around 20-25 feet from the field and after the play, Skipper and a defensive lineman gave each other a couple of healthy shoves after the whistle, turned and started toward their sides of the ball, another defensive player ran up and joined in, giving Skipper a few hard shoves, and then it was on...
15-20 Hogs decided to "scrum" for a while.
After the "scrum" Skipper was sent to the sideline and as he exited the field he tore his helmet strap loose, said a few "words" and stalked around for a while.

Have an attitude, take the coach's obligatory penalty (for punch's or whatever) and keep on goin'.

We need more "Skipper" attitudes.

" GO HOGS "

MJ2

Quote from: secfan30 on April 08, 2014, 08:25:59 pm
I would love to see what proof you have of him leaving or wanting to leave. If you have no proof and happen to be someone that wants to stir the pot, shut up.

Interesting.   I don't think I said anything about "proof he's leaving".   I simply said we can discuss it in August.    Everything about the fall roster is pure speculation until we get thru August.

MJ2

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on April 08, 2014, 06:41:06 pm
MJ2,

Unless Alex is booted by coach...or flunks out, he isn't going anywhere. Dude has totally bought into the Arkansas way...and I am not just talking football either.

PRJ

Good to hear.   Thanks.

MatCauthon

Quote from: MorrellHog on April 09, 2014, 08:25:41 am
We were sitting around 20-25 feet from the field and after the play, Skipper and a defensive lineman gave each other a couple of healthy shoves after the whistle, turned and started toward their sides of the ball, another defensive player ran up and joined in, giving Skipper a few hard shoves, and then it was on...
15-20 Hogs decided to "scrum" for a while.
After the "scrum" Skipper was sent to the sideline and as he exited the field he tore his helmet strap loose, said a few "words" and stalked around for a while.

Have an attitude, take the coach's obligatory penalty (for punch's or whatever) and keep on goin'.

We need more "Skipper" attitudes.

" GO HOGS "

Do you know who it was that ran up and shoved Skipper that started it? Good to see the defensive players protecting each other

HogFanatic

I don't know why people are talking like Skipper and Collins got into a scrap. That clearly isn't the case. There was more than one scuffle and Skipper and Collins each threw punches at defensive players.
Personally I think this is great. It tells us two things. 1, our defense is playing more aggressively and it is showing up in practice. 2, we have players on offense who don't take ish off anyone.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MatCauthon on April 09, 2014, 01:46:29 pm
Do you know who it was that ran up and shoved Skipper that started it? Good to see the defensive players protecting each other
Not at the angle it developed. The body language of the 2 defensive player shoving Skipper was "The D isn't taking any stuff", and of course with Skipper being Skipper, the scrum was on...
I really like the Skipper attitude and the D "wasn't taking any stuff" attitude.
Both sides appeared to have the "I'm here with a fistfight on my mind".
Let's take this attitude to the SEC in the season.

" GO HOGS "