Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kikko to the Pros

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, April 08, 2014, 01:03:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Congrats to Kikko Haydar for signing a pro contract to play in his home country of Lebannon.  Will be playing for Sagesse along with former Razorback Charles Thomas.  Couldn't have happened to a better Razorback.  I'm now a fan of Lebanese pro ball.

http://bit.ly/1g34kHL
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hog1966

That is great news. Congrats to him!  :razorback:

Bam, Alright Now

Happy for Kikko, a great Hog ambassador.

Hawg Red

Play pro ball while you're body will let you and teams are willing to pay....and then go be a doctor. Sounds like a good plan to me.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

mizzouman

Good for him.  I always liked that kid.

AloRaptor

YEA!! Kikko. Have fun with it. :)

Hog Fan...DOH!

Billy Pharis still playing in Lebannon?

pigture perfect

That's cool. Good luck to him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GS99

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 08, 2014, 02:02:13 pm
Play pro ball while you're body will let you and teams are willing to pay....and then go be a doctor. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Kinda like Daniel Lincoln, who became an Olympian in the steeplechase, and then went to med school.

Locutus_of_Boar

Congrats Kikko.  A well earned opportunity.  Good Luck!

rusvegashog

Two or my favorite Hogs to put on the uniform. As a fan I will miss him as a man I congratulate him.

husker71

In Philippines you are allowed 2 foreign players (now I think the height limit is 6'7" although it changes all the time)  So they look for players with any Filipino blood in them because they don't count against the 2 limit.  Every year they get someone who is eligible under that criteria but is found to not really be of Filipino descent including one from Samoa.  The have tryouts for American Filipinos in LA every 6 months or so.  I would be interested to see if Lebanon has the same type of rules and that KH does not count against that team.

rusvegashog

Height limit is 6'7" for the foreigner?

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

High Octane Hog

Way to go Kikko!! Thanks for your hustle and helping in the return of hawg ball!

Beaverfever

This worked out well for the kid.  Getting an American who speaks the language but doesn't count against their foreigner limit is probably a really big incentive. 

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Even as a Mizzou fan, I absolutely loved watching Kikko play. He epitomizes a student athlete. His hard work and dedication should be an example to all.

mizzouman

Yeah, Kikko is what is right with college athletics.  He's player you hate playing against but would love on your team. 

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 08, 2014, 02:02:13 pm
My sentiments exactly.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

swinesation

Anybody know how much he's getting paid? If not, what are the typical contracts to play there?

oldfart

Quote from: rusvegashog on April 08, 2014, 06:21:24 pm
Height limit is 6'7" for the foreigner?
in phillipines its 6'5 max for the two foreign players

BrooklynRoss

Awesome. Getting paid to play pro ball on any level is a huge honor and puts you among the world's elite. Couldn't be happier for Kikko.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

1highhog

That's great for Kikko, I couldn't be happier for a great Razorback player who exemplified what a player can be to be called great and not be an All American.  Kikko loves the game, as Coach Anderson has said many times, Kikko was always on the gym playing, perfecting his shot, working on his game, even though he knew he might not see the court.  Did Kikko need basketball, no, with Kikko's smarts, he easily could be putting in all his time in being a highly paid surgeon or doctor of some sort, but for right now the love of the game is his passion.  It finally earned him major playing time as a Senior, and he will go down in history as a player that wore the Razorback jersey with class and true professionalism. 

outlawhogeywells

Is it just me or do you think he would be a great college coach

Big Nasty 34

He'd be great at just about anything...

Except maybe a dunk contest.

HogSkinsDisease

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on April 15, 2014, 11:47:35 am
He'd be great at just about anything...

Except maybe a dunk contest.

And changing light bulbs...he'd be good, but not great.

AWHAWG

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on April 15, 2014, 10:46:13 am
Is it just me or do you think he would be a great college coach
^^^^^^This yes!

jbcarol

Chris Bahn ‏@cbahn May 14
Billy Pharis and Kiko Haydar (sic) played against each other in a pro basketball game. Really. pic.twitter.com/mpcswnKMZb

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mhuff