Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 33 Thread: #24 Arkansas (20-12) vs. #17 UNLV (22-9)

Started by ucahogfan, April 08, 2014, 07:03:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

jacobp

That was a no doubter guys, he turned on it and there was never a doubt. 3-2 Hogs.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jacobp

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jacobp

jacobp

Benintendi ground out to the 1st baseman. Inning over, but the Hogs take the lead 3-2 after Bernal's homer.

Headed to the 3rd inning.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jacobp

ucahogfan

That was Bernal's 1st HR as a Hog and his 6th, 7th, and 8th RBIs.

ucahogfan

Landon Simpson is a RS Sophomore RHP (0-0, 4.50 ERA).

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jacobp on April 08, 2014, 07:16:45 pm
New pitcher for Arkansas is Landon Simpson.
Poche didn't last long, 42 pitches. Don't think he was on a pitch count

jacobp

TJ White walks on 5 pitches.

Aside from Beeks, Oliver, Killian, and Gunn, we're struggling to find the zone lately.

Runner on 1st with 0 outs.

jacobp

jacobp

Armstrong walks on 5 pitches. back to back walks put runners on 1st and 2nd with 0 outs....again.

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

jacobp

VanMeetre grounds to Bernal who bobbles the ball but the get the force at 2nd for the 1st out.

Runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Runner may have bothered Bernal, but he needs to make that play. Should have been a double play.

PoconoHog

That was a tailor made chance for a double play the Hogs wasted...

jacobp

Stotts flies out to Right field , runner tags and scores. Tied 3-3. Runner on 2nd with two outs.

PoconoHog

That wasn't a good throw home by Benintendi..he wasn't very deep

jacobp

Yeah he was moving to his right a bit. Just got in too much of a hurry.

South Carolina trailing Furman 7-2 in the 4th inning tonight.

PoconoHog

jacobp

Montes flies out to right center as Tyler Spoon makes an amazing running catch to end the inning.

3-3 headed to the bottom of the 3rd.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jacobp

Serrano grounds up the middle and beats the throw for an infield single.

jacobp

Anderson walks for the 2nd time, runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.

Meeting on the mound for UNLV.

jacobp

Fisher flies out to deep right center field. Serrano tags and moves to 3rd.

1st and 3rd with 1 out.

jacobp

Wilkerson chases a pitch out of the zone and strikes out. 2 down.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorvision still shows 3-2 hogs. Let's use that score.

jacobp

Blake Baxendale hits a shot to 3rd, booted by the 3rd baseman. Safe at 1st and runner scores. 4-3 Arkansas. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 out.

ucahogfan

I don't think Bax could have hit that ball any harder than he did.

jacobp

Wernes hits a line shot, 1st baseman dives to his right and makes the catch to end the inning.

Headed to the 4th, Hogs up 4-3

jacobp

Ellis rips a line drive off Wernes' glove, safe at 1st. Ruled an error.

Cracker Jack

Is anyone else's Razorvision constantly buffering?  Ridiculous!

jacobp

McAllister bunts, Wernes wanted to go to 2nd but nobody was at the bag. Gets the out at 1st.

Runner at 2nd, 1 out.

jacobp

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jacobp

PigWig

jacobp

jacobp

White lines into left field for a hit. 2 runs score.UNLV 5-4

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jacobp

jacobp

Armstrong strikes out to end the inning.

Headed to the bottom of the 4th, UNLV up 5-4

tennesseehogwild

Hogs defense looks out of sync......missing Wise behind the plate. Bax looks to be having a rough time back there.

jacobp

jacobp

jacobp

Benintendi grounds out to end the inning. Headed to the 5th, Hogs down 5-4.

Guys, I hate to do it but I got a call with a minor work emergency that's going to take me away from pbp. I have to run back to my office for probably about an hour. Can someone take over pbp?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 08, 2014, 07:56:44 pm
Hogs defense looks out of sync......missing Wise behind the plate. Bax looks to be having a rough time back there.
Yep and you guys know I don't bash players. Beni looked like he was running in slow motion and Wernes jumped to catch a line drive when he didn't need to. Bernal lost focus on a DP ball.

Hope DVH gets them focused in a hurry.