Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 33 Thread: #24 Arkansas (20-12) vs. #17 UNLV (22-9)

Started by ucahogfan, April 08, 2014, 07:03:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

Wish we were doing better, but since we're not I'm gonna say, let's get them tomorrow or have the greatest comeback ever.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jacobp

jacobp

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Serrano (.330)walks

bases loaded

Hogs have only been out hit 9-6

jacobp

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jacobp

I can do the rest of the game. I'm mostly listening to broken english right now.

jacobp

Anderson walks and Bernal comes in to score. 10-5.

fisher is up, and he's due.

jacobp

Fisher flies out to center, run tags and scores and serrano tags from 2nd to 3rd. 10-6 Hogs.

ricepig

I think most are like me, disappointed in the effort, errors and walks, tonight. There is nothing wrong with losing a game to a top 15 team, but you have to admit, it hasn't been our best ball playing.

jacobp

Wilkerson hbp, took one off the top of the helmet. Bases loaded, 2 out.

Jake Wise to the plate.

C'mon Jake, Tying run to the plate.

jacobp

Wise, mentioned earlier he's suffering from flu symptoms, pops out to SS to end the inning.

Hogs get two runs. Headed to the 8th, down 10-6

UAfan

I have never seen a more wasted at bat than what Wise just gave. 

jacobp

Quote from: ricepig on April 08, 2014, 09:18:32 pm
I think most are like me, disappointed in the effort, errors and walks, tonight. There is nothing wrong with losing a game to a top 15 team, but you have to admit, it hasn't been our best ball playing.
Midweek guys have been struggling for awhile now...why its been a huge plus, and ESSENTIAL in SEC play, for our starters to go as deep in the games as they have been.

pccmizuno24

Quote from: UAfan on April 08, 2014, 09:20:36 pm
I have never seen a more wasted at bat than what Wise just gave. 

Yeah pretty freaking sad

jacobp

VanMeetren works the count full and walks to leadoff the inning.

ricepig

Quote from: jacobp on April 08, 2014, 09:21:12 pm
Midweek guys have been struggling for awhile now...why its been a huge plus, and ESSENTIAL in SEC play, for our starters to go as deep in the games as they have been.

Yep, but they need to step up, or next year looks real iffy.

jacobp

jacobp

Torres strikes out for the first out.

runner on 2nd.

jacobp

jacobp

jacobp

Ellis K's to end the inning. Headed to the bottom of the 8th, 10-6 UNLV.

tennesseehogwild

At this point in their U of A Careers, Wise is head and shoulders above bax, IMO. He is struggling at the plate but is coming off shoulder surgery which probably has a little to do with his hitting woes.....Let's cut the guy a little slack..

jacobp

Wernes hit by pitch, leadoff runner on with 0 out.

jacobp

trippigs

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 08, 2014, 09:32:11 pm
At this point in their U of A Careers, Wise is head and shoulders above bax, IMO. He is struggling at the plate but is coming off shoulder surgery which probably has a little to do with his hitting woes.....Let's cut the guy a little slack..

And he is sick...did not plan on playing much. No doubt he is frustrated as well

jacobp

Tyler Spoon grounds into a 5-4-3 double play to end the inning. Headed to the 9th, down 10-6

jacobp

jacobp

tennesseehogwild

UNLV has a pretty good team. wish we could play them in a 3 game series pre conference schedule. Would like to see how their hitters fare against our top 3 guys as well as our hitters against their staff.

jacobp

Jones pops out to Spoon in center. Headed to the bottom of the 9th, Hogs down 10-6.

Need some magic to happen.

jacobp

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 08, 2014, 09:43:04 pm
UNLV has a pretty good team. wish we could play them in a 3 game series pre conference schedule. Would like to see how their hitters fare against our top 3 guys as well as our hitters against their staff.
Agreed. We've done ourselves no favors. You can't walk as many as we have, give up free runs, and expect to win.

Our midweek guys are going to have to step it up. I'm confident we'll do well in sEC play the rest of the way, but we can't drop so many mid weeks the rest of the way.

Throw strikes and let your defense help you.

jacobp

Benintendi out at first, close play as Benintendi went in head first. 1 out. Don't like swinging at the first pitch there.

tennesseehogwild

Daaaaamn! The Rebel first basemen has robbed us again.

jacobp

Serrano flies out to right center. 2 gone.

Hogs down to the last out, Anderson to the plate.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

jacobp

Anderson has walked 3 times tonight.

anderson BOOM with a homerun to center. Keeps his hitting streak alive.

10-7 UNLV

that ball is in the pond.

jacobp

Fisher flies out to right field, and that's the ball game.

UNLV wins 10-7.

We'll do it again tomorrow night at 6:05.

7 runs should win us almost every game we play.
NO MORE WALKS!

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: jacobp on April 08, 2014, 09:48:23 pm
Anderson has walked 3 times tonight.

anderson BOOM with a homerun to center. Keeps his hitting streak alive.

10-7 UNLV

that ball is in the pond.

No wonder they walked him all night.......Go Hogs! let's go get em tomorrow.

jacobp

jacobp is now 0-2 doing pbp. son of a....

Thanks for following along everone. Let's get the split tomorrow.

pigture perfect

You don't win them all. I bet we come back strong tomorrow. I just hope some of the naysayers find something else to do.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

tennesseehogwild

snoblind

Team Oklahoma

Did Bax get hurt on catchers interference or did van horn just pull him?

jacobp

Quote from: Team Oklahoma on April 08, 2014, 10:07:32 pm
Did Bax get hurt on catchers interference or did van horn just pull him?
Hurt on catcher's interference. The only way they planned to use Wise tonight is if they had too.

Bax looked like he was in a lot of pain.

hogman64

he seems to have really bad luck with injuries, isn't that the third time he has been hurt this year, while not playing much?

TikiHog

Hope Bax is well but we saw tonight why no matter what Wise bats he will be the catcher...Bax had a brutal night behind the plate...we also saw why Spoon is in Center

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

This game followed a super thrilling weekend series against the #1 team in the country in which the Hogs came back and won the series after a heartbreaking 1 run loss in game one. All three starting pitchers and the pen performed in memorable fashion. After Killian suffered another loss due to lack of run support, the staff responded admirably by giving up 1 unearned run in the next 18 innings. The team was focused, enthusiastic and confident at the plate and the bats came alive and scored 11 runs in the last two games.

After a rare two days off in a row, the entire team seemed to have lost that focus and intensity in "this game" and it showed on the mound and in the field.

There really is never an acceptable excuse for just going through the motions and not hustling, but if there was, tonight's game had plenty to chose from. You could chose all or any combination of the following to make a case for a big let down. (1)Coming off an emotional high from beating the #1 team back to back in an almost must win conference series. (2)Having co-pitchers of the week. (3) Non conference Tuesday night game (4)Cold temperatures and 30mph winds (5) going from the largest and rowdiest crowds of the year to what looked like the smallest crowds in quite some time (6) Senior team leader and mainstay catcher out with the flu and a back up that has played little from his own recent injuries that ended up leaving the game injured again (7) starting pitcher pulled from the game after the 2nd inning. The list goes on, but this is already enough to make me think tonight was just not meant to be a good night for the Hogs.

Better days are certainly ahead and I cannot look at this game and find a reason that we will not rebound and return to playing respectable ball very soon......other than a healthy catcher!!!!

Kevin

well last night was brutal. let go get them today.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bighog2255

Quote from: TikiHog on April 09, 2014, 12:44:30 am
Hope Bax is well but we saw tonight why no matter what Wise bats he will be the catcher...Bax had a brutal night behind the plate...we also saw why Spoon is in Center

+1. Hope everyone sees now why its so important to have Wise back there