Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clint McDaniel will be on the Ugly Uncle Show today to talk "Nolan Richardson Court"

Started by Ugly Uncle, April 07, 2014, 01:26:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Clint will be on today at 2:30 today to talk about the Alumni All-Star Classic over the weekend and Nolan Richardson being in the Hall of Fame.  I'm going to ask him what WE can do to see the court at The Bud named after Nolan.

You can listen on 1190AM The Fan in NWA or watch/listen online at www.facebook.com/uglyuncle show by clicking on the "Watch Live" link.

Let me know your thoughts and questions.

UU
Retired Radio Host

pigture perfect

Name the court after Eddie, since we didnt have a real one tip he got here. Name the Practice faculty after Nolan.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 07, 2014, 03:25:03 pm
Name the court after Eddie, since we didnt have a real one tip he got here. Name the Practice faculty after Nolan.

It was real when Eddie got here.  Covered in sawdust, but real.

Dwight_K_Shrute

There is one in every crowd.  How are things in Harrison?  Practice faculty?  What is that a professor in training?  He hasn't earned the right to wear the sportcoat with patches?

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bigredone

I guess it was 5 o'clock somewhere when you made this post......

The real Hogules

Name the court in Barnhill after Eddie, because Nolan brought us our ONLY NCAABC and DESERVES to have the court at BWA named after him!

You can name Nolan a practice faculty member if you'd like, in addition to naming the court after him.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

bigredone

Quote from: The real Hogules on April 07, 2014, 05:29:11 pm
Name the court in Barnhill after Eddie, because Nolan brought us our ONLY NCAABC and DESERVES to have the court at BWA named after him!

You can name Nolan a practice faculty member if you'd like, in addition to naming the court after him.

Besides, Nolan coached at Bud Walton, not Eddie.

Ironhawg

Flip this around.  Nolan Richardson Court at Bud Walton Arena.  The practice facility could be Eddie Sutton Practice Facility or some such something?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 07, 2014, 09:16:50 pm
Flip this around.  Nolan Richardson Court at Bud Walton Arena.  The practice facility could be Eddie Sutton Practice Facility or some such something?

I like this.  Except that Eddie said he would crawl to KY.  But I forgive him.
Retired Radio Host

Mick Hogger

It's sad that our 2 greatest coaches left such a bad taste in everyone's mouth when their time was up.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

hawkhawg

I think we should wait a few years to see how things turn out with Anderson before we name court after Nolan.  Nolan is who he is and I would hate to think that nolan makes a stink about firing Anderson and we have our court named after him.  That being said I think Anderson will be coach here for a long time and I think the court should be named after Nolan.  Lets just give it a couple more years.

GuvHog

It'll probably happen and that's sad because Nolan deserves a higher honor.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Cotton

Nolan is not worthy of the highest honor in basketball.

He tarnished his legacy and publically sued the university thus hurting the image of the university and setting the basketball program back.

Practice facility, locker room, or even a street. But please don't take away the sacred honor of naming a basketball court after somebody that demonstrated poor character and selfish ambitions.

Nolan was a he11 of a coach, unfortunately he acted in a way that cannot be condoned. I love Nolan, I want to honor him and make him feel welcome for life. Save the court for the future coach that wins and has excellent character.

Let's maintain high standards and expectations as a prestigious university.

WPS
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 08, 2014, 03:41:18 am
Eddie said he would crawl to KY.
I'd rather have someone crawl away to Kentucky than leave firebombing the University and trying to destroy it's reputation.

Kevin

name the court for whoever, but for goodness sakes, take those UGLY banners down.

Put some classy ones up there.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Westcoasthog

Clint McDaniel let's get it done on the Ugly Uncle Show, and Jeff Long get the proceedings done and name the court at Bud Walton Arena "NOLAN RICHARDSON COURT".

Rockhawg

Please, no naming of the court after someone who was Fired from their job.

bigredone

Quote from: Rockhawg on April 08, 2014, 11:48:20 am
Please, no naming of the court after someone who was Fired from their job.

So, we need to remove Frank's name from stuff around the university? You can call it what you want but he was fired as AD.

No, I don't want Frank's name removed from anything, just pointing to the absurd lengths some will go to in order to keep Nolan from being honored.

Cotton

Quote from: bigredone on April 08, 2014, 12:31:57 pm
So, we need to remove Frank's name from stuff around the university? You can call it what you want but he was fired as AD.

No, I don't want Frank's name removed from anything, just pointing to the absurd lengths some will go to in order to keep Nolan from being honored.
It's just as absurd the things people will blindly ignore when wanting to honor somebody.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Cotton on April 08, 2014, 12:34:38 pm
It's just as absurd the things people will blindly ignore when wanting to honor somebody.

It's called forgiveness and honoring the man and his accomplishments.  Nolan apologized to the fans long ago.  The lawsuit was basically a Nolan-John White-Frank thing.  If you think Frank and JW are blameless in that situation you are sadly mistaken.  And although the judge ruled that Nolan's firing was not based on racial discrimination I do believe he said Nolan was treated differently.  Anyone that does not realize that is ignorant.  Look at his buyour versus Nutt's as a shining example.

Nolan loves the program, the fans, and NWA.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Cotton

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 08, 2014, 01:11:25 pm
It's called forgiveness and honoring the man and his accomplishments.  Nolan apologized to the fans long ago.  The lawsuit was basically a Nolan-John White-Frank thing.  If you think Frank and JW are blameless in that situation you are sadly mistaken.  And although the judge ruled that Nolan's firing was not based on racial discrimination I do believe he said Nolan was treated differently.  Anyone that does not realize that is ignorant.  Look at his buyour versus Nutt's as a shining example.

So honor him with a practice facility, locker room, ect.

He doesn't deserve the highest honor.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on April 08, 2014, 11:10:16 am
Nolan was asked directly in the trial on the record by his civil rights lawyer John Walker to tell the court "How he was racially discriminated against by the UA".
Nolan could provide no answers. It was embarrassing for him and the whole courtroom.
After publicly damning the University of Arkansas with the worst kind of racial slurs, Nolan was unable to offer any evidence in his trial, he lost his lawsuit.
Nolan then went on to bring it all back up again by appealing his failed lawsuit, he promptly lost again.
Quote from Justifiable in the other thread that some of you need to read and digest.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

forrest city joe

Quote from: Cotton on April 08, 2014, 09:47:09 am
Nolan is not worthy of the highest honor in basketball.

He tarnished his legacy and publically sued the university thus hurting the image of the university and setting the basketball program back.

Practice facility, locker room, or even a street. But please don't take away the sacred honor of naming a basketball court after somebody that demonstrated poor character and selfish ambitions.

Nolan was a he11 of a coach, unfortunately he acted in a way that cannot be condoned. I love Nolan, I want to honor him and make him feel welcome for life. Save the court for the future coach that wins and has excellent character.

Let's maintain high standards and expectations as a prestigious university.

WPS
Pure BS. you love Nolan about as much as i love John L. Smith. NOT!

Cotton

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 08, 2014, 01:27:19 pm
Pure BS. you love Nolan about as much as i love John L. Smith. NOT!
What would we do without your expert opinions? You always have so much to add to discussions FCJ!

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GuvHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 08, 2014, 01:11:25 pm

(1) Nolan did apologize to the fans and kudos to him for that but he has never apologized to the University for that Lawsuit. If he truly loves the program he should do that too.

(2) John White and Frank are far from blameless, nor was Nolan . There was wrong doing by all 3 men.

Regardless of all of that I've stated that I believe Nolan deserves a higher honor than having his name on the court and I still stand by that.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: Cotton on April 08, 2014, 01:15:30 pm
So honor him with a practice facility, locker room, ect.

He doesn't deserve the highest honor.

Yes he does.

See how easy that was?
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GuvHog

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on April 08, 2014, 09:00:45 pm
Yes he does.

See how easy that was?

Agreed, but the Highest honor is more than just having the court in BWA named after him..

Mick Hogger

They're not changing the name of the arena Guv, no matter how many times you bring it up in every Nolan court naming thread.
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Cotton

Quote from: Mick Hogger on April 09, 2014, 10:53:06 am
They're not changing the name of the arena Guv, no matter how many times you bring it up in every Nolan court naming thread.
That would be insanely idiotic if they did. For several reasons.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Mick Hogger