Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who had/has their program in better shape going into year 2?

Started by rzrbackramsfan, April 06, 2014, 05:29:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who had their program in better shape going into year 2?

Mike Anderson
31 (43.7%)
Bret Bielema
40 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

rzrbackramsfan

On ma's side, he had just had impressive wins at vandy and home against michigan with Powell coming back from injury.

On bb's side he has receivers that finally know what they're doing apparently, a healthy quarterback and more experienced defensive back field.

3kgthog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 06, 2014, 05:29:04 pm
On ma's side, he had just had impressive wins at vandy and home against michigan with Powell coming back from injury.

On bb's side he has receivers that finally know what they're doing apparently, a healthy quarterback and more experienced defensive back field.

Don't believe anything you hear about our WRs. They're practicing against the worst secondary in the SEC. We should know better than to believe any practice reports based on the results of the last two seasons.

bobcat ball

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 06, 2014, 06:38:51 pm
Don't believe anything you hear about our WRs. They're practicing against the worst secondary in the SEC. We should know better than to believe any practice reports based on the results of the last two seasons.

We Got it we suck and will always suck. The WR's can't possibly improve. The secondary can't possibly get better. It's good to have posters like you to make sure we all know that we will never get better.

WOO PIG

Danny J

I feel the same way.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The question is unfair because we already know how season 2 and 3 turned out for MA.  2 was an improvement over 1 in terms of overall W/L's and going from a losing conf record to a winning one. 

For Bielema to get to about the same level of improvement as MA in year two he would need to go from 0 conference wins to 2.  If he get's to 2 conf wins then we should finish about 6-6.  So if you think Bielema will do that then the actually correct response is a tie or both about the same which isn't an option and should be so the poll is flawed there.

If you think Bielema will do better than 6-6 or 2-6 in conf then you should vote Bielema.  As I type this 6 people are basically saying we will have more than 2 conf wins this year.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rude1

^^This. Until regular season passes are thrown and caught in  meaningful games, don't keep falling for the same ole spring feel good passing stories.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

popcornhog

Quote from: bobcat ball on April 06, 2014, 06:42:22 pm
We Got it we suck and will always suck. The WR's can't possibly improve. The secondary can't possibly get better. It's good to have posters like you to make sure we all know that we will never get better.

I don't think that's quite what he was saying.
WPS

The Kig

Poker Porker

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bigred223

Haha some of you act like we have been told out receivers are great for so many seasons in a row to only be disappointed. This is simply a misconception. Let's see, in 2012 we threw the ball just fine, but smile was our coach and we weren't a good team. Last year we lost Hamilton, and we had no receivers that had been big time players coming into 2013. I think we all knew it was going to be a struggle throwing the football in 2013, especially when Cowan and d. Wilson went down with injury. I don't remember the coaches or anyone for that matter raving about our wideouts in the spring. Henry was the main guy they were hyping, and he was great. This year we have healthy players with good athleticism and an infusion of new talent. So tell me, why couldn't the receivers be better? Some of you just want to rain on any optimism.

EastexHawg

Quote from: rude1 on April 06, 2014, 07:20:31 pm
^^This. Until regular season passes are thrown and caught in  meaningful games, don't keep falling for the same ole spring feel good passing stories.

I'm thinking more along the lines of reports that we were about to unleash a DOMINANT defensive line based on spring football a couple of years ago.

grayhawg

Quote from: popcornhog on April 07, 2014, 10:16:40 am
I don't think that's quite what he was saying.
Has he ever said anything that wasn't negative?