Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***NEW HOGVILLE MOCK DRAFT***

Started by Dr. Starcs, April 06, 2014, 09:40:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Nasty 34

5 minutes! Been at games all night, let me study real quick!

Dr. Starcs

Big Nasty 34

Well... I'm going with a guy that some think will go in the first found.SF Sam Dekker of Wisconsin!

Dr. Starcs

Hammibal Lecter takes MELVIN EJIM

Iceman on the clock....

The_Iceman

Jarell Martin, 6'8" forward from LSU.

Dr. Starcs

secfan selects LAMAR PATTERSON

hogfreak selects LEBRYAN NASH

HometownHawg on the clock....

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 15, 2014, 10:17:41 pm
secfan selects LAMAR PATTERSON

hogfreak selects LEBRYAN NASH

HometownHawg on the clock....

Good picks even now!

HometownHawg

I select Wayne Selden, SF, Kansas

ballinhog

Give me a minute, don't make my pick for me. I'm aware it's my turn to pick, just give me a minute to finish my evaluation

ballinhog

I'll add a little attitude to my team and take Marshall Henderson

b_stackhouse

With my final pick in this draft, I will select DeAndre Kane from Iowa State.

Dr. Starcs

Kane is already taken

Ballin, you added more than just a little attitude with that one. Lol

b_stackhouse

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 16, 2014, 07:17:10 am
Kane is already taken

Ballin, you added more than just a little attitude with that one. Lol

So he is, my fault. Give me a few minutes. I'll make a different pick

b_stackhouse

Let's try this again. With my final pick in this draft, I select Kasey Hill from Florida.

The_Iceman

Quote from: b_stackhouse on April 16, 2014, 07:40:27 am
Let's try this again. With my final pick in this draft, I select Kasey Hill from Florida.

Good sleeper pick. He may be All-SEC first team by the end of his career.

Dr. Starcs

Porky McGee

With my last pick I will take Ryan Boatright G UCONN.

It was very close between him and another guy. Don't want to reveal the other guy cause I don't want someone else picking him up haha.

Dr. Starcs

tennesseehogwild selects RASHEED SULAIMON

HawgnCorona on the clock.....

The_Iceman

Nobody tempted to take Qualls or Madden?

Dr. Starcs

Rooka

Dr. Starcs, disregard the message I sent earlier. I will be able to make my final pick. Thanks.

Dr. Starcs

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 16, 2014, 11:09:28 am
Nobody tempted to take Qualls or Madden?

The other actual NBA prospect is Kingsley. He will have a legit shot someday.

HawgnCorona

With my last a final pick I select  6'7" SF/PF Coty Clarke Arkansas....
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Rooka

With the last pick in the draft...the title of Mr. Irrelevant goes to Guard Bryce Cotton of Providence.

Dr. Starcs

Rooka, I was hoping that kid would get drafted. Great scorer.

Dr. Starcs

Hammibal Lecter

You should rank the draft classes. Just you, being the commish and all.
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

The_Iceman

Usually I would hate to flood Jump Ball with extra threads, but it is the offseason. You can rank the classes and then set up poll threads listing the rosters and the players stats and have Hogville vote on the champion.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 17, 2014, 09:10:33 am
Usually I would hate to flood Jump Ball with extra threads, but it is the offseason. You can rank the classes and then set up poll threads listing the rosters and the players stats and have Hogville vote on the champion.

Gotta of something with it for sure! Been fun to this point.

Big Nasty 34

April 17, 2014, 11:59:38 am #280 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:44:21 pm by ZoneBuster34
Here's my teams main stats!

C Alex Kirk 7-0 245 lbs
13.3 PPG 1.1 APG 8.7 RPG 2.7 BPG 21% 3PT 67% FT

PF Doug McDermott 6-8 225 lbs
26.7 PPG 1.6 APG 7 RPG .2 SPG 45% 3PT 86% FT

SF CJ Fair 6-8 215 lbs
16.5 PPG 1.3 APG 6.4 RPG 1.3 SPG 28% 3PT 73% FT

SG Nick Johnson 6-3 200 lbs
16.3 PPG 2.8 APG 4.1 RPG 1.1 SPG 37% 3PT 78% FT

PG Russ Smith 6-0 165 lbs
18.2 PPG 4.6 APG 3.3 RPG 2 SPG 39% 3PT 71% FT

6th man  SF Sam Dekker 6-7 220 lbs
12.4 PPG 1.4 APG 6.1 RPG .8 SPG
33% 3PT 69% FT

May play a little 1-3-1 with this bunch ;)

yraciv

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on April 17, 2014, 11:59:38 am
Here's my teams main stats!

C Alex Kirk 7-0 245 lbs
13.3 PPG 1.1 APG 8.7 RPG .4 SPG 21% 3PT 67% FT

PF Doug McDermott 6-8 225 lbs
26.7 PPG 1.6 APG 7 RPG .2 SPG 45% 3PT 86% FT

SF CJ Fair 6-8 215 lbs
16.5 PPG 1.3 APG 6.4 RPG 1.3 SPG 28% 3PT 73% FT

SG Nick Johnson 6-3 200 lbs
16.3 PPG 2.8 APG 4.1 RPG 1.1 SPG 37% 3PT 78% FT

PG Russ Smith 6-0 165 lbs
18.2 PPG 4.6 APG 3.3 RPG 2 SPG 39% 3PT 71% FT

6th man  SF Sam Dekker 6-7 220 lbs
12.4 PPG 1.4 APG 6.1 RPG .8 SPG
33% 3PT 69% FT

May play a little 1-3-1 with this bunch ;)

Think you are going to have to. There is a glaring weakness in low post defense, but how often do you see the 1-3-1 in the NBA?

yraciv

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 17, 2014, 09:10:33 am

If this gets setup, I'd go to whatifsports and run simulations of each team against their matchup and post the results.  Obviously, I'd be running their college stats and each player had a different role on their college teams, but it would be interesting to see the results.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: yraciv on April 17, 2014, 12:42:56 pm
Think you are going to have to. There is a glaring weakness in low post defense, but how often do you see the 1-3-1 in the NBA?

Yeah the 1-3-1 would be primarily in college. All depends on the matchups of course. Would love to trap in the halfcourt, even in the NBA.

yraciv

So I had some free time, and decided to run some numbers to rank the teams.  I used Draftexpress board's top 100 rankings to give the player's a 1-100 ranking based on their board.  If they were not on the draftexpress board, I went to the NBADraft.net board and looked at their top 100 and took their ranking from there.  If they were on neither board, I assigned an estimated ranking based on mock drafts, comparable players etc.  I then took the average of your six player roster, and ranked them based on the lowest average.  Not an exact science, but here is the rankings I came up with:

1. Stackhouse
2. SECfan30
3. Blu
4. Hogfreak
5. Iceman
6. Yraciv
7. Rooka
8. Hometown
9. ZoneBuster
10. Breems
11. HoginHs
12. Tennhogwild
13. Ballinhog
14. Porky
15. Corona
16. Hammibal

Feel free to use this for the seedings, if you want to setup a bracket and have hogville vote.

b_stackhouse

Quote from: yraciv on April 17, 2014, 02:13:38 pm
So I had some free time, and decided to run some numbers to rank the teams.  I used Draftexpress board's top 100 rankings to give the player's a 1-100 ranking based on their board.  If they were not on the draftexpress board, I went to the NBADraft.net board and looked at their top 100 and took their ranking from there.  If they were on neither board, I assigned an estimated ranking based on mock drafts, comparable players etc.  I then took the average of your six player roster, and ranked them based on the lowest average.  Not an exact science, but here is the rankings I came up with:

1. Stackhouse
2. SECfan30
3. Blu
4. Hogfreak
5. Iceman
6. Yraciv
7. Rooka
8. Hometown
9. ZoneBuster
10. Breems
11. HoginHs
12. Tennhogwild
13. Ballinhog
14. Porky
15. Corona
16. Hammibal

Feel free to use this for the seedings, if you want to setup a bracket and have hogville vote.

Looks good to me!!

Big Nasty 34

Hammibal Lecter

ballinhog

To defend myself, at no point during this draft was I using an "NBA potential" type strategy. I looked at it as building a college style team since college players were all that was available. And I also only made it on to make half my picks which was my fault lol but it was definitely a fun thing to do

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ballinhog on April 17, 2014, 08:58:47 pm
To defend myself, at no point during this draft was I using an "NBA potential" type strategy. I looked at it as building a college style team since college players were all that was available. And I also only made it on to make half my picks which was my fault lol but it was definitely a fun thing to do

Yeah, any simulation will be based on their college careers so it's gonna be tough to find a real winner!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: yraciv on April 17, 2014, 02:13:38 pm

1. Stackhouse
2. SECfan30
3. Blu
4. Hogfreak
5. Iceman
6. Yraciv
7. Rooka
8. Hometown
9. ZoneBuster
10. Breems
11. HoginHs
12. Tennhogwild
13. Ballinhog
14. Porky
15. Corona
16. Hammibal

So... The guys with the top few picks basically bombed the draft haha.

yraciv

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on April 17, 2014, 09:20:29 pm
So... The guys with the top few picks basically bombed the draft haha.

I think apathy set in and their last picks killed them. Coty Clarke, Marshall Henderson, and Ryan Boatright are pretty far down the board.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: yraciv on April 17, 2014, 11:53:33 pm
I think apathy set in and their last picks killed them. Coty Clarke, Marshall Henderson, and Ryan Boatright are pretty far down the board.

Maybe! Lol. Still good college players though.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ballinhog on April 17, 2014, 08:58:47 pm

No need to defend yourself here. Considering all the things used to simulate the action, I wold bet in other simulations the out come is different.

Give Yraciv, credit for his hard work, great job. But Im sure I have a good timeto math up with anyone here, and win...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

HawgnCorona

Quote from: yraciv on April 17, 2014, 11:53:33 pm

I now Coty is. I still wanted him on my team...Be off the radar doesnt make him less than a good player with some addded contributions.

tennesseehogwild

12th seed huh? I got no one to blame but myself but at least i made all my own choices.  ;D

HawgnCorona

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 18, 2014, 02:38:40 pm
12th seed huh? I got no one to blame but myself but at least i made all my own choices.  ;D

Here there you go. Its your team and you can do what you want...Your the Owner, GM, Coach and most of all a  fan. lol!!

Dr. Starcs

tennesseehogwild, the 12 seed is always dangerous come tourney time.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 18, 2014, 03:05:29 pm
tennesseehogwild, the 12 seed is always dangerous come tourney time.
Lets us know the next move Doc...when you have the opportunity...

Hammibal Lecter

I see the first 16 over 1 seed on the horizon. My scorers (ejim and warren) with a great PG in Wilbekin and an eraser at 7'6" inside and Kaminsky going inside out! That's a tough team. We will also play the 2-3 D!! With wells coming off the bench! WHEW!!*

*lipstick on a pig