Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Bertha Alpha

Started by root_hawg, April 05, 2014, 10:32:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

root_hawg

Has anyone else hit this driver?

whiskeyNwater2.0

Yes. I likes it a lot. It along with the Ping G25 are the most accurate drivers IMO. I hit all the drivers on the launch monitor. The SLDR was the clear winner for me.

kingofdequeen

i want one.  wish i could swing it.

root_hawg

Why did u like the Slider more?

kingofdequeen

Quote from: root_hawg on April 08, 2014, 10:14:44 am

i'll answer the question for him - b/c the launch numbers were the best.

whiskeyNwater2.0

KOD is correct but also it went 15 yards longer than the 2nd longest (Nike)

root_hawg

How the Bertha Alpha look?

root_hawg

Hit it today; felt like a rock on a lead pipe

GolfNut57

I would like to get the Slider myself. Saw a few on EBay listed at $291. under the "buy it now" category along with free expedited shipping. I'm tempted.....................soooo tempted to pull the trigger.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 10, 2014, 09:43:49 pm
I would like to get the Slider myself. Saw a few on EBay listed at $291. under the "buy it now" category along with free expedited shipping. I'm tempted.....................soooo tempted to pull the trigger.

if you're gonna drop the coin, get a Txxxxxx Version

GolfNut57

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 10, 2014, 10:00:28 pm
if you're gonna drop the coin, get a Txxxxxx Version

What version is that?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 11, 2014, 07:51:47 am
What version is that?

tour issue version...i'm telling you, it matters.

root_hawg

What is difference and can u buy in store

kingofdequeen

Quote from: root_hawg on April 11, 2014, 08:30:29 pm
What is difference and can u buy in store

feel and pop and quality.  also tighter tolerances (like, an 8.5 is actually 8.5).

no, you cannot buy in store.  ebayz or golfwrx.

GolfNut57

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 11, 2014, 08:29:26 pm
tour issue version...i'm telling you, it matters.

Tour issue version? And how easy is that version to hit for a slow swinging hacker like me? My swing speed is only around 84-88 mph.

If I look for that version on EBay how much more can I expect to see it listed for vs the standard version?

Pulled(PP)pork

I'll continue to sport my Adams 9015....bishes!!!!

PP

JHESTER

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 11, 2014, 09:19:40 pm
Tour issue version? And how easy is that version to hit for a slow swinging hacker like me? My swing speed is only around 84-88 mph.

If I look for that version on EBay how much more can I expect to see it listed for vs the standard version?

Tour issue doesn't mean harder to hit.  Same club better quality.  Well in most cases, sometimes you see some different versions that are smaller, more open, etc.  Price differences depend on how new it is.  SLDR will be quite a bit higher.  Haven't looked but guessing a tour issue sldr with a decent shaft would be aroud 6.  You can find some good deals on year or two old tour issue stuff if you look hard enough.   

Only tour issue driver ive had was a tour burner a few years ago.  Best feeling and sounding club i've hit and it went forever.  Would prolly still be in the bag if the face didn't cave a couple years ago. 

CallThemHawgs!

Plus tour issue stuff is hot melted and wont blow your ear drums out.

GolfNut57

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 23, 2014, 01:16:47 pm
Plus tour issue stuff is hot melted and wont blow your ear drums out.

watcha talkin about willis?  ???

Tim Harris

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 10, 2014, 09:43:49 pm

Wish I knew you were looking. Just sold mine for $265 on the bay. Absolutely hated the thing.

Trying out the x2hot now....

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 23, 2014, 04:44:17 pm
watcha talkin about willis?  ???

Well without going into too much detail basically they put a material on the inside of the face that turns the loud ass bang into a nice low key thud. A necessity for any tour player / spectator

GolfNut57

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 23, 2014, 05:43:14 pm
Wish I knew you were looking. Just sold mine for $265 on the bay. Absolutely hated the thing.

Trying out the x2hot now....

Still looking into it. What did you hate about the one you had? Didn't deliver as promised? The aesthetics of the club? The sound it made? Details please as i would like to know in order to make a better decision about buying one.

Tim Harris

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 23, 2014, 10:36:49 pm
Still looking into it. What did you hate about the one you had? Didn't deliver as promised? The aesthetics of the club? The sound it made? Details please as i would like to know in order to make a better decision about buying one.

Hated the feel and sound off the clubface.  It just felt dead.  I could deal with that if it performed well but I lost yardage off my 10 year old Titleist driver I was using.  Maybe it was the shaft or that I didn't have it adjusted right to fit my swing but either way it just wasn't for me.

There are plenty of folks who love the driver though.

code red

I haven't hit the BB.  But, I bought the Cobra amp...and dropped a 50g Kuro Kage shaft in it and I got to say...it is the longest...straightest driver I have ever owned.  I easily got 15 yds with this club.  You can find'em for less than 150 anywhere.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

gotyacovered

Quote from: root_hawg on April 05, 2014, 10:32:43 pm
Has anyone else hit this driver?

i hit it today in golf usa txk. dont know how accurate the monitor is, but my numbers on it were sick.

i actually liked the way it felt compared to the last several models they have produced.

its ability to adjust is superior to what else is out there. i want one. the white stock fubaki x shaft was much better than i expected.
You are what you tolerate.

kingofdequeen

Will - Buy self $550 driver that isn't needed

Wont - buy son new clubs bc he's outgrown his kids set

FATHER OF THE YEAR

CabotHog87

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 24, 2014, 03:27:28 pm
Will - Buy self $550 driver that isn't needed

Wont - buy son new clubs bc he's outgrown his kids set

FATHER OF THE YEAR

Haha awesome

gotyacovered

April 24, 2014, 10:40:01 pm #27 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:09:55 am by gotyacovered
Wow, You call me a cheap ass for not wanting to spend $1000 on my 11 year old and then crack on me for demoing a $500 driver. Nice.

gotyacovered

And yes... I removed your other ridiculous comment.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: gotyacovered on April 24, 2014, 10:41:55 pm
And yes... I removed your other ridiculous comment.

since when did you start taking me seriously?

gotyacovered

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 25, 2014, 08:16:59 am
since when did you start taking me seriously?

dont wanna talk biz on the board.