Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listening to the Teamcast tonight

Started by Lanny, April 05, 2014, 09:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

I have enjoyed the play by play guys for Florida, Uconn, Wisconsin and Kentucky.  One thing for sure, chuck Barrett flat out sucks, bush league.  Barrett has a weak voice and cant keep up with the play, Arkansas can do much better.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Porked Tongue

Nice slam!

BTW, I heard there are fans complaining about "biased" coverage.  I guess not everyone understands what is happening.

OnTheHillHogFan

He's good for baseball but I agree he isn't the guy for basketball. I think Scott Inman would be a good PBP guy for basketball.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

1 hog n eldo

The tru TV announcers are obviously wanting Wisconsin to beat Kentucky

1 hog n eldo

1 hog n eldo

Dang that's what the team cast is about. I honestly had no idea at first. I really thought the announcers were terrible.

popcornhog

Quote from: Lanny on April 05, 2014, 09:30:17 pm
I have enjoyed the play by play guys for Florida, Uconn, Wisconsin and Kentucky.  One thing for sure, chuck Barrett flat out sucks, bush league.  Barrett has a weak voice and cant keep up with the play, Arkansas can do much better.

Chuck is unquestionably the best baseball play by play guy in college baseball. He's pretty mediocre for hoops and football though.
WPS

thebignasty

Paul Eels spoiled us. Chuck stacks up to his contemporaries well, but following a legend is tough.

razorJAcker

I really like Chuck for all sports.  There's something about his voice that keeps me interested like others can't.

And please, no on Scott Inman.  A more annoying voice there has never been.  Nothing against his play-by-play.  His voice is just hard for me to listen to.

Hog1952

Quote from: thebignasty on April 05, 2014, 10:40:55 pm
Paul Eels spoiled us. Chuck stacks up to his contemporaries well, but following a legend is tough.
So did Bud Campbell.

racingpossum

April 05, 2014, 10:49:35 pm #10 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:23:01 pm by racingpossum
Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 05, 2014, 10:05:01 pm
He's good for baseball but I agree he isn't the guy for basketball. I think Scott Inman would be a good PBP guy for basketball.

I hope your joking  cause Scott Inman gets more tongue tied than Chuck does. Scott is a great man but a play by play he is not.

I am by no means a fan of Chuck Barrett.

Henry Hogsome

Paul Ells, and Bud Campell, and Dave Woodman were the best play by play announcers calling the games for the Hogs in all sports.Chuck is hard to listen too. He gives the opposition to much credit. Sometimes  it seems like he is calling the game for the other team. OK for baseball, not Football, or Basketball though. Hogs need somebody more exciting to call their games. Our previous Announcers kept the games exciting.

razorJAcker

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 05, 2014, 10:54:48 pm
Paul Ells, and Bud Campell, and Dave Woodman were the best play by play announcers calling the games for the Hogs in all sports.Chuck is hard to listen too. He gives the opposition to much credit. Sometimes  it seems like he is calling the game for the other team. OK for baseball, not Football, or Basketball though. Hogs need somebody more exciting to call their games. Our previous Announcers kept the games exciting.

Really like Chuck.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Hog1952

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on April 05, 2014, 10:54:48 pm
Sometimes it's hard to tell who side Chuck's on. We're terrorist.

East Clintwood

Quote from: popcornhog on April 05, 2014, 10:37:00 pm
Chuck is unquestionably the best baseball play by play guy in college baseball. He's pretty mediocre for hoops and football though.

You're  being overly generous.  Chuckles flat out sucks for FB and BB.  I don't listen to baseball so I can't comment there.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

forrest city joe

Quote from: Lanny on April 05, 2014, 09:30:17 pm
+1000.i am one the the terrorist  who never wanted him to get this job.loved Paul, Bud Cambell and Big Sam Smith. can't stand this guy.

LZH

Would someone tell me again what Barrett's position was in the HDN/Springdale 5 fiasco?  I know his name came up a helluva lot, but I can't really remember where he was in all of that.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 05, 2014, 09:56:39 pm
BTW, I heard there are fans complaining about "biased" coverage.  I guess not everyone understands what is happening.

Classic Charles Barkley at halftime of the second game, followed by a classic comeback from Ernie Johnson.  They were talking about the teamcast when this happened:

Charles:  "Oh, and by the way, you people are IDIOTS.  If you've been watching on TNT, those guys are gonna be rooting for one of the teams, so don't complain!"

Ernie:  "So there you have it.  If you want to listen to your school's announcers, turn over to TNT.  If you want to be insulted by Charles, stay right here."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

popcornhog

April 06, 2014, 08:35:33 am #18 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:14:17 am by popcornhog
Quote from: East Clintwood on April 05, 2014, 11:50:26 pm

You're  being overly generous.  Chuckles flat out sucks for FB and BB.  I don't listen to baseball so I can't comment there.

To me the thing that hurts him in hoops and football is that he's too slow. But I think he's knowledgeable and does a good job substantively.

With baseball though, the guy can paint a picture and tell a story like a great baseball announcer is supposed to. I'd be fine with replacing him for football and basketball, but he's gonna be a hall of fame broadcaster because of baseball.
WPS

Lanny

Barrett is a Hall of Shame in Football and Basketball announcer.  Barrett's voice is weak and always behind the play
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ricepig

Quote from: Lanny on April 06, 2014, 09:39:07 am
Barrett is a Hall of Shame in Football and Basketball announcer.  Barrett's voice is weak and always behind the play

Maybe it's because he is watching Razorvision............

Hawg2afault

Does any one remember years ago when Rick had to call a basketball game entirely by himself?  It was an away game.